YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734306 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#401  July 05, 2018, 04:47:07 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Nintendo Versus on Twitter dropped a couple of screenshots of Krystal's assist trophy -

TBH, I am a little disappointed that Krystal is an assist trophy.  Not necessarily because I wanted to see her playable, but because now that Star Fox 2 has been officially released I was kind of hoping that Miyu and Faye would show up as the new Star Fox assists.

At least she gets to actually show up in a new game.  Nintendo seem so dead set on only ever remaking the same Star Fox game over and over and over again that who knows when we'll actually get a proper sequel for her to be in.
#402  July 05, 2018, 05:58:23 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I was honestly under the impression that Nintendo was trying to forget about her.  It made sense that she wasn't in Zero, but she was completely absent in the Orbital Gate stage in Smash 4.  Seeing her in the trailers kinda surprised me.
#403  July 05, 2018, 09:45:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I thought Krystal appeared in one of the Orbital Gate easter eggs.
#404  July 05, 2018, 12:03:52 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I love how good that stage looks. I guess I kinda get the reasoning for changing the name, but it drives my OCD up the wall.

Oh, and they better give us the full version of the DK Rap again.
Considering the E3 demo had the shortened version AGAIN, I highly doubt that will happen :(
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#405  July 05, 2018, 02:02:45 pm
  • Was it something I said?
At least she gets to actually show up in a new game.  Nintendo seem so dead set on only ever remaking the same Star Fox game over and over and over again that who knows when we'll actually get a proper sequel for her to be in.

To be fair, people didn't like Star Fox Adventures for too much "Zelda feel" or that one Jon Tron video, and Star Fox Assault for going making Fox, once again battle on the ground and being too short and/or no other hidden paths like the past games. (I liked both games just fine, except that one segment where I forgot about the Mary Canary technique in Banjo-Tooie.)

Edit: Also, screw Panther. Screw him hard.

You are correct.

Starting at 0:45.
#406  July 05, 2018, 04:14:30 pm
    • USA
It’s not so much about whether or not people liked Adventures or Assault, it’s that they keep just doing the exact same game.   Not counting 2, there have been seven Star Fox games.  Of those seven, four of them are different versions of the same game.  64 was a remake of the SNES original, and then they remade that for 3DS.  Then Zero was a reboot, which again was just the exact same story and procession as the original.  Adventures, Assault, and Command are the only Star Fox games that actually progress the story in any way.

Also you shut your mouth about Panther.  He’s the greatest.  Loads better than that whiny Oikonny asshole.
#407  July 05, 2018, 04:36:02 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Also you shut your mouth about Panther.  He’s the greatest.  Loads better than that whiny Oikonny asshole.

I haven't played Command, so I can't really speak for that. But, if we're talking Assault, I like Panther's design, first time seeing him. What I don't like is his personality, which can be summed up in the first encounter. "Let me take down this one person in this group of people that my boss hates so much. Wait? That's a woman? Let me flirt with her constantly." Though, I will admit, Andrew was dumb in that game too, though he did get his "UNCLE ANDROSS!" in.

Edit: Maybe my hate is justified on the fact that there's no 4th member of the group, like Pigma. If he had stayed on the team in that, and Oikonny would've been the one that got corrupted by the Aparoids in that game, then maybe I'd like him more.
Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:08:11 pm by Knuckles8864
#408  July 05, 2018, 06:41:02 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada

You are correct.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWOttZmHhcA[/youtube]

Starting at 0:45.
That's Lylat Cruise, not Orbital Gate.
They had the Star Fox 64 crew during the Orbital Gate Smash Taunts, but Krystal was completely missing despite being present in the original game of that stage.
#409  July 05, 2018, 11:24:25 pm
    • USA

I haven't played Command, so I can't really speak for that. But, if we're talking Assault, I like Panther's design, first time seeing him. What I don't like is his personality, which can be summed up in the first encounter. "Let me take down this one person in this group of people that my boss hates so much. Wait? That's a woman? Let me flirt with her constantly." Though, I will admit, Andrew was dumb in that game too, though he did get his "UNCLE ANDROSS!" in.

Edit: Maybe my hate is justified on the fact that there's no 4th member of the group, like Pigma. If he had stayed on the team in that, and Oikonny would've been the one that got corrupted by the Aparoids in that game, then maybe I'd like him more.

I mean hey, it worked for him.  In Command Krystal totally dumps Fox and joins Star Wolf to hook up with Panther. 

But I think we're getting off topic.  Who's up for another bullshit 4chan leak?

Spoiler: It's funny how dumb this is (click to see content)
#410  July 05, 2018, 11:45:06 pm
    • Mexico
I'll say it now: any "leak" that has Decidueye in is an insta-fake to me.
#411  July 05, 2018, 11:46:08 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
AWW SHIET WE'RE FINALLY GETTING THE KING FROM THE ZELDA CDI GAMES /s
#412  July 06, 2018, 03:26:28 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ok, if it wasn't for the fact that Ridley was already shown off in the game, I would say "Prime Ribs" is the most stupidly silly/awesome nickname one could give him, with that anorexic chest of his having his rib cage jutting out.
#413  July 06, 2018, 04:17:38 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Krystal being in Smash might have been nice, but she really haven't appeared in a game properly for many years now, and with Nintendo refusing to move past the end of Star Fox 64 as a setting, she might not appear properly for quite a while.

On the topic of the most recent Smash leaks, I'll wait until I get further conformation like all other leaks I have heard about.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#414  July 07, 2018, 03:13:54 pm
    • USA
Ok, if it wasn't for the fact that Ridley was already shown off in the game, I would say "Prime Ribs" is the most stupidly silly/awesome nickname one could give him, with that anorexic chest of his having his rib cage jutting out.

"Prime ribs" is actually the default favorite food of Ninten in Mother 1, so I'm assuming that's who it's referring to.

I could see Ninten working as an echo fighter of Ness, but the'd have to give him a major redesign since in his official artwork they're completely identical.
#415  July 08, 2018, 03:50:27 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
That is actually an interesting note. I appreciate more Earthbound characters.

We got some "ribs" on Dark Samus's corrupted Phazon Suit in Metroid Prime 2 as well. (In fact the old Phazon Suit is kind of like Dark Samus's skeleton while her suit in Prime 3 is like her crustacean exterior.)

And since Dark Samus was "Metroid Prime" before...
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:54:25 am by Slivern
#416  July 08, 2018, 10:32:35 pm
    • USA
Sheik's new Final Smash is basically a Shun Goku Satsu with the sheikah symbol replacing the kanji.

FS is as 1:50
#417  July 08, 2018, 11:25:14 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Maybe not full Shun Goku Satsu, more like Guy's Bushin Musou Renge (SFA3) in Sheik:

Spoiler: Fast forward to 2:28 (click to see content)
#418  July 08, 2018, 11:36:00 pm
it looks very interesting.
#419  July 10, 2018, 01:10:34 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
It'll be nice when the game comes out and people start to get good with Ridley. Every time I see a video with him in it, he gets completely wrecked.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#420  July 10, 2018, 08:27:02 am

A new direct is coming. Either Simon or a brand new fighter.

Update: It's a tournament, not a direct. Dang it.
Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:04:12 am by GTAguy