YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734148 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1181  December 02, 2018, 10:13:38 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You can be a buzzkill sometimes, ya know?  Just some speculating on something I have no illusions of happening anyways.  But sure, give the Eevee Swift and the rest their elemental equivalent cosmetic changes for a basic projectile.  Only odd ones would probably be Umbreon would get Payback and Slyveon would get Fairy Wind, I guess.

Blue wouldn't make much sense without them changing the Pokémon Trainer's name to Red/Leaf anyways.  And I like the idea of a Giovanni triple swap character over Blue anyways, gets another villain in the roster too.
Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:36:53 am by Long John Killer
#1182  December 02, 2018, 10:38:45 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If any other human characters from Pokemon were to get in I want Jessie and James or nobody.
#1183  December 03, 2018, 06:45:46 am
    • Mexico
So, small breakdown on recent leaks, maybe useful to put on some fuel onto discussion:
Vergeben claimed not too long ago that the Minecraft content was a boss:
Minecraft is in Smash but represented with a boss. I am curious if Minecraft representation about being a fighter or AT was an intentional misdirect now. But there you have it.
Now, since this happened after the game got datamined with all the available stuff, everyone on his circle is wondering what's up with it (since there's no Minecraft content in the game).

Now, remember when he said there was a Square character and that he had a list of seven names? Well, someone managed to snatch that list and posted it publicly:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
There 'ya go, if a Square characters is announced, it's probably one of those guys.

The guy who claimed this also says Lloyd may join the roster, but it's nothing he's sure of yet.
#1184  December 03, 2018, 04:12:05 pm
    • USA
Considering how miserly SE has been with FFVII content in Smash, why would anyone believe a list that says Sephiroth is likely.
#1185  December 03, 2018, 05:32:39 pm
    • USA
Besides Sephiroth being the developer's own personal hell to balance with a sword that covers half the stage, wouldn't it make more sense to cover the rest of the Final Fantasy franchise rather than focusing only on VII?  Get some other protagonists in?  Plus if Sephiroth was added, that just begs for people to want Tifa in as well.

...Which contradictory to the very point I'm trying to make, I would rather want to play as them, now that I think of it.  An added bonus that it would be funny if Tifa ended up here before Dissidia NT, like Cloud did instead of PlayStation All-Stars.
#1186  December 03, 2018, 07:08:55 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I would prefer Erdrick or a Slime because those have a bigger connection to Nintendo than the usual suspects
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1187  December 03, 2018, 07:34:51 pm
    • USA
Oh, I'd agree, I can get behind playing either of them, especially the variety you can come up with for moves with a Slime. (And how simple it would be to have colors for Metal Slimes and Gold Slimes.  Could throw in a King Slime for the Final Smash, too)  And Slime at least is probably more likely than Sephiroth, at least as how I see it.  But I wouldn't have any complaints to either or.  Just the logistics on making Sephiroth work are against his favor.

A shame though if that leak has any weight to it about Sora.  Expected, but I'd like to hold on to some form of hope for him, I would absolutely love to play as him.
#1188  December 03, 2018, 09:05:16 pm
    • USA
I still say Geno is the most likely just because they’ve already got the rights to use his likeness in Smash.  The groundwork is already there.

Erdrick would actually be an amazing addition if only for the one moment when all the DBZ fanboys who don’t know Dragon Quest see him and have a mass coronary thinking that Goku actually got in.
#1189  December 03, 2018, 10:42:51 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
AHAHAHAHAHAHA could you even imagine

They do a close-up on the face with the eyes opening then pull back for the reveal

The internet would explode
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1190  December 04, 2018, 01:13:58 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I wouldn't want that blockhead Steve to be in Smash material at all. Just don't seem fitting. What is even his backstory first off? Anyway, with only less than 84 hours remaining, what are your plans after beating World of Light if you're heading straight to it soon as you get Ultimate?
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1191  December 04, 2018, 01:39:47 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i'm gonna do classic mode with greninja and the rest of the cast
#1192  December 05, 2018, 02:32:45 am
    • USA
Today's music blog is a new arrangement of the How to Play theme from Melee, by Namco musician Motoi Sakuraba.

Smash Bros is folding back in and remixing itself now.
#1193  December 05, 2018, 03:32:05 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I hope the track itself is selectable. Seems very fitting for Battlefield.

That wraps up for the preview music before the release of Ultimate.
#1194  December 06, 2018, 01:24:13 am
    • USA
Nintendo just fired off a tweet urging Smash Bros fans to tune in to their presentation tomorrow at the Game Awards.  Easy bet says they're going to reveal the first DLC character to sweeten the pot on the Fighters Pass right before launch.
#1195  December 06, 2018, 06:22:42 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
If it is DLC news, inb4 it's just an image of the character from the source game.

I don't think they'd be able to develop any kind of presentable new characters in such a short amount of time.
#1196  December 06, 2018, 08:19:15 am
    • Brazil
If it is DLC news, inb4 it's just an image of the character from the source game.

I don't think they'd be able to develop any kind of presentable new characters in such a short amount of time.
What makes you think they didn't start it long ago? Didn't they say the DLC characters were already set in stone?
#1197  December 06, 2018, 03:56:08 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
They had to be decided by Sakurai before they start developing them and Sakurai said that they haven't started on any of the 5 yet during last month's direct. They have to make the stages and provide soundtrack for them too.
#1198  December 06, 2018, 08:32:38 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Well if you're an impatient so-and-so but still want to give Nintendo your money, Smash Ultimate is already available on the Australian eShop.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1199  December 06, 2018, 11:33:16 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada

What makes you think they didn't start it long ago? Didn't they say the DLC characters were already set in stone?

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that Sakurai said they decided on the DLC lineup.
Sure they could've decided on some of the characters earlier and started those ones sooner, but they already have a DLC character in the works: Piranha Plant.  Would there really have been time to split their work force like that?
I mean, no doubt they're doing that now.  But back then, they would have to split their work on the main game, Piranha Plant, and the other DLCs if that were true.  Now that the main game is done, they have more resources to work on the DLC stuff.
#1200  December 06, 2018, 11:46:01 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The game probably went gold a good while ago, and remember that Sakurai says whatever he needs to say to sell the DLC.  Bayonetta was already being developed while the ballot was going on, but she was still presented as the winner.

I expect nothing related to this game tonight however.