YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734266 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2161  October 02, 2020, 03:20:47 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I do legit think that will have valuable consequences with the Smash game following this, likely also contributing to guaranteeing Banjo and Steve's return if Microsoft and Nintendo remain all business buddy-buddy as they currently are while pushing for some new character from a franchise Microsoft acquired.  But I agree it is far too late for this DLC pass at the minimum, and more likely this game as a whole.  While I like the idea of them just updating this one game until heat death of the universe like some have pushed for, I think both Nintendo would want to upgrade at SOME point and Sakurai either retiring or just wanting to start a new project, even if it's another title in the series.
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 04:12:43 am by Long John Killer
#2162  October 02, 2020, 04:14:18 am
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
That you pay for. Its not free, its not a gift, so people who complain have all the right to do so.

I don't exactly remember where I said people couldn't complain. I am aware of the core essence of how the concept of money exchanged for goods and services works.

People do what they want with their money, the same way they do what they want with their mouths. I simply choose not to see something like this in a negative light. In the end, it's bonus content, whether there's a price tag attached or not.

#2163  October 02, 2020, 04:17:48 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
All things considered. That trailer is shoddy and weak as hell. They played on fandom's turf and the best they could do is "lol mario creeper aw man"?

Steve himself looks fucking epic. Enderman is a real Pac-Man tier alt though. The only good thing that can come out of it is that Sonics in Mugen better have the Minecraft Sonic the Fighters Punch. Time Flux Sonic where are you?
#2164  October 02, 2020, 04:33:04 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#2165  October 02, 2020, 04:51:21 am
    • USA
Minecraft's general blank ambiance and its music selection having to be hunted down on discs and returned to your home to even listen to, I didn't hear much of the game's original soundtrack.  Just "Cat" and "13".  Was the trailer stuff from Minecraft or something newly done just for Smash?
#2166  October 02, 2020, 11:09:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ugh, why couldn't it be a shitty character I wanted?

Why make posts like this? People have a right to show their discontent and Sakurai/Nintendo/whatever doesn't need you defending them.
Because I like to poke fun at people that post that they're expecting this kind of post.
No, I'm not excited for Steve in Smash either.

I didn't think it was possible to split the fambase more than with Terry or Byleth, but here comes Steve to prove me wrong.

With Terry, it was a matter of not being recognizable to anyone that didn't grow up in arcades or play fighting games often.
With Byleth, it was a matter of being tired of a lot of FE representation, but it's not like their inclusion was a big surprise since it's not the first time they did a stunt like that(See: Roy and Corrin)
With Steve, you know what Minecraft is, so his reveal was the biggest excitement or disappointment depending on your side of the love/hate relationship with Minecraft.
#2167  October 02, 2020, 02:25:50 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I was surprisingly mild about the announcement.

When I saw the thumbnail pic in my Youtube Inbox and saw Minecraft, I was pleasantly surprised, but nothing strong. More like "Hmm... Minecraft made it in? How nice."

I still remember the time when it is still just a beta game played in my school's computer labs. How things change.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2168  October 02, 2020, 11:08:42 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
To be honest, I'm really disappointed about this reveal. Played Minecraft once but just couldn't get into it. I truly don't see anything significance or iconic about Steve. Sure, Minecraft fans are happy. I'm still gonna get him but I will NEVER handpick him on the select screen. I'll have more fun KOing him than playing as him. At least we're getting a new patch.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2169  October 02, 2020, 11:44:33 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
You don't see anything significant or iconic about the best selling video game of all time? Really?

I don't play Minecraft either, but you can't deny that it's cemented its place in gaming history.  Pretending Minecraft hasn't earned a place in a game like Smash Bros at this point is pure sodium chloride.
#2170  October 02, 2020, 11:51:06 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Should have put in a Creeper character instead and watch everybody meme about it fighting the plant or something.
#2171  October 03, 2020, 12:37:51 am
    • Brazil
You don't see anything significant or iconic about the best selling video game of all time? Really?

I don't play Minecraft either, but you can't deny that it's cemented its place in gaming history.  Pretending Minecraft hasn't earned a place in a game like Smash Bros at this point is pure sodium chloride.
Minecraft may sell like crazy, but that doesn't make Steve iconic, in fact, he is easily one of the most forgettable aspects of the game.
#2172  October 03, 2020, 12:42:35 am
    • USA
Steve doesn't have to be iconic.  Minecraft is.  He's the next Mr. Game & Watch;  An amalgamated representation of the game series as a whole, rather than being a specific personality from that game.
#2173  October 03, 2020, 12:49:02 am
    • USA
What else, precisely, were they supposed to pick the player play as rather than the Player Avatar?

Look, I get that Steve has nothing to go off of by himself, in comparison to other mutes already in the game (Link, Red, Leaf, Animal Crossing Mayor) Steve intentionally doesn't exude personality because of the game's intentional limitations and a lack of outside resources like official comics or novels.  But they're the one that actually makes USE of the tools and environment that makes Minecraft memorable.  As I said before, the Enderman skin is already bizarre, and my time with the game is comparatively very short with most others who are into it, because that's not what Endermen do.

And the idea of the other iconic mascot to the game, the Creeper, offers considerably less options as anything beyond a joke character because its whole essence is it blows up killing itself if anything comes near and it dies easily.  Even Piranha Plant branched out in other Mario games to composite into this Smash character we got.  A playable Creeper is basically asking for playable wild Voltorbs and Electrodes from Pokemon.
#2174  October 03, 2020, 01:00:18 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Plant didn't branch out. Those are different characters entirely. The only similarity is that they share species which were all messily kluged into one entity for Smash purposes. Dunno why Petey is there either, because it's never proven that the plant "grows" into any other form. Plant doesn't even have anything in Kart or sports. Not even Petey.

Game and Watch is a similar situation. He is not a Fire stickman or a living Game and Watch, he's some sort of oddball "entity" that has no identity outside of Smash and like, Game and Watch Gallery. He didn't even exist before Melee because Fire stickmen were nameless and only jumped.

Steve works far better for this as he is only a name for a skin of the character you use in Minecraft. And his moveset could literally be chalked back to Creative Mode options.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:03:59 am by MR. IBZS II
#2175  October 03, 2020, 04:21:23 pm
    • USA
Demonstration stream starts in about 10 minutes.

:EDIT:  FUCKING FUCKING FUCK They made Travis Touchdown into a fucking Mii costume.  Fucking shit.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:14:41 pm by Person Man
#2176  October 03, 2020, 05:21:05 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm more heartbroken at the fact we are not getting Fem-Byleth amiibo.

Is there some sort of law that prevents "Fallout" and "No More Heroes" from being displayed in NA streams?  I was left pondering what the eff a game called "TRAVIS" is.

(Edit: ESRB stuff.  Ugh)

We're getting Tracer after all, aren't we?
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:45:00 pm by Kirishima
#2177  October 03, 2020, 05:47:14 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
As much as I would not have cared for Travis to be a playable character, the fact that he’s a MII costume now makes me a little frightened on who could be next.

I may love Steve... but I don’t want us to dip into FNAF, Overwatch, or Fortnite territory. I really don’t. That’d be a bit too much. :|
#2178  October 03, 2020, 05:53:24 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Steve's going to be a monster, whether you're fighting as or against him.

#2179  October 04, 2020, 06:35:41 pm
  • hecc
We're getting Tracer after all, aren't we?
Doubt considering Blizzard made themselves look like complete assholes not too long so I don't think Nintendo wants to work with them.

That and the Overwatch hype died down tremendously.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2180  October 04, 2020, 06:47:29 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Steve's going to be a monster, whether you're fighting as or against him.

I don't know... Steve has some strong moves, like his Up+B. The challenge with him is meter management. You have to have iron for a good chunk of his moves, so you have to mine when you get the chance. It's far easier to do so in a 1-on-1 fight then a four man or even eight man battle.

Once he has enough iron for his moves, then he becomes a threat.