YesNoOk

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] (Read 1545593 times)

Started by Moon Girard, January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android]
#901  May 03, 2017, 02:00:14 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Managed to pull a -HP +RES Male Corrin (gonna 5* when I can) and a +HP -SPD Hector on my second roll.

I think these pulls are perfect, especially if I get Vantage on Corrin.
#902  May 03, 2017, 02:20:34 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I have a question on numbers.
I gave Bunnilla a Blue Tomebreaker, and I have a choice between leaving her with Dragon Gaze (a leftover inheritance from some time back) or giving her Glowing Ember. One is 30% ATK up, the other is + flat damage of 50% DEF. Now on straight numbers, those two happen to be exactly the same - respectively 12 and 13. The difference is when I have a color advantage. Boosting ATK then throwing color advantage would make her a big Blue killer (especially mages, which is interesting as they're more likely to have higher RES), but the DEF-based boost is a lot more versatile (I gave Glowing Ember to my 4*-promoted Beruka along with Renewal and a Killer Axe, she turned out to be a pretty damn good resilient minitank after all).
Glowing Ember generally seems to be more effective, but Bunnilla, like regular Camilla, kind of struggles to find one thing she's really good at and is a bit above average on several things but gets worn down easily, so specializing her as a blue killer is a serious option. Which one would you guys suggest ?
Color advantage has no effect on dragon gaze/draconic aura/dragon fang. It deals extra damage based on the unit's atk stat, not on combat damage (you're thinking of night sky/glimmer/astra).
#903  May 03, 2017, 02:33:50 am
Oh, that's a flat damage addition too ? Okay so literally no difference then, thanks.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#904  May 03, 2017, 03:39:29 am
    • Canada
Speaking of arena tho. I fought a team with Lucina, Hector, Takumi, and Nowi last night. ALL of which were equipped with Vantage 3. FFS...
I wouldn't complain getting easy teams like these.

I did manage to take everyone down except Nowi, but I highly disagree. They all had their competitive builds with Vantage 3.  It was one of the worst encounters I've had thus far. How would you counter it?
#905  May 03, 2017, 05:40:13 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Speaking of arena tho. I fought a team with Lucina, Hector, Takumi, and Nowi last night. ALL of which were equipped with Vantage 3. FFS...
I wouldn't complain getting easy teams like these.

I did manage to take everyone down except Nowi, but I highly disagree. They all had their competitive builds with Vantage 3.  It was one of the worst encounters I've had thus far. How would you counter it?

If it makes you feel better, I fought a team of 3 Takumis and a Wrys. Competition builds too.
#906  May 03, 2017, 05:54:13 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The entire team is mage bait.

Tharja, Sanaki and Lilina are great against Hector and should still survive a hit from his counter attack despite their lackluster defense. They take advantage of his shit Res and the WTA.

For all his annoyance, Takumi can be taken down with a strong mage as well since his Res is also pretty bad. Otherwise, a tanky unit is your next choice.

Surprisingly also sports crap Res. The same 3 mages for Hector will do fine for Lucina as well. Otherwise, Reinhardt and M!Robin are my suggestions for a blue mage. Also, Vantage means nothing if the unit can't counterattack in the first place, so a ranged unit will ignore Vantage unless she also happens to have Distant Counter.

Nowi - Julia. Nowi probably has the best Res of this team, but it's average at best, so a green mage can do the job especially if Nowi is using Triangle Adept or your Green mage has an attack buff. Alternatively, any green unit with high res will do. Don't bother with a falchion user for Nowi, she usually has TA and/or Swordbreaker to deal with them. Julia just tells Nowi to fuck off.
#907  May 03, 2017, 10:08:26 am
Just a reminder that arena doesn't let you preview the whole enemy team to adapt yours, that you can't redo a lost battle, and that it's not so likely that you're bringing a specialized team (focusing on 3 strong mages) in arena.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#908  May 03, 2017, 10:28:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Well, if you want to use logic like that, then yea, there's no point in trying to point out weaknesses.

Best you can do is build a team that synergies together and can cover a variety of situations.
#909  May 03, 2017, 12:04:46 pm
Color advantage has no effect on dragon gaze/draconic aura/dragon fang. It deals extra damage based on the unit's atk stat, not on combat damage (you're thinking of night sky/glimmer/astra).
Checking again, are you sure about that ?
Glimmer / Astra : grants (1)50% to damage dealt
Ember : boost damage dealt by 50% of def
Gaze : grants 30% to atk
It sounds like the Dragon specials directly change the atk stats so there's an effect on weapon triangle, while Astra has the same wording as Ember, a flat addition to the damage based on the stat after the triangle.

With that being said, I was thinking, even with a flat damage, I probably still don't want to attack a red mage or an archer with Bunnilla, ever (unless maybe to finish off a crippled one). With or without the triangle advantage, Gaze is still fine.
Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:08:15 pm by Byakko
#910  May 03, 2017, 01:39:34 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I'm 100% sure. Go grab a low level Lon'qu and charge his night sky against a red enemy he'd normally wouldn't hurt. The damage will still be 0 (0*150%=0) even if (atk*130% > enemy def).
#911  May 03, 2017, 03:53:55 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Xander is so good. I think his default kit works really well. I added Quick Riposte to him and he's been putting in work.
#912  May 03, 2017, 05:18:41 pm
my awakening/fates superwives team of kagero and tharja (both with speed and attack hone/rally) can take them all down
#913  May 06, 2017, 08:52:56 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
You can't get one-shot if you one shot them first!

Also double SP ends after today so spam that training tower as much as possible.

I'm 100% sure. Go grab a low level Lon'qu and charge his night sky against a red enemy he'd normally wouldn't hurt. The damage will still be 0 (0*150%=0) even if (atk*130% > enemy def).

Speaking of which, I noticed that the enemy's version (training tower, Story Missions, etc.) of Dargonic Aura seems to function differently from the normal version. It appears to increase their Atk stat by 30% during battle as opposed to giving off a flat damage value based on your Atk as a Camilla with nearly 40 Atk only did 5 damage to my Hector when Dragonic Aura proc'd. I don't know if this applies to the other stat based specials, but I would assume so.

#914  May 06, 2017, 10:37:35 pm
there are "clear the most difficult training tower 15 times with 4 horses/fliers/armors also everybody must survive" quests again. for one orb. what the fuck is wrong with intsys
#915  May 06, 2017, 11:56:47 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Horses is easier since there are good Cavalry units. There are only 3 good armors and all the good fliers lose to bucket heads
#916  May 07, 2017, 01:01:10 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK

So I started again, I just wasn't getting any 5*'s other than sword units and I really could've used a lance unit at the very least.

So I did another few re-rolls, got Takumi and Kagero at the same time, then a Hector on the next set of 20 orbs, another Takumi on the next 20 and Azura on the 20 after that.

Got a few free rolls left, so I'll see how many more I can possibly grab with those.
#917  May 07, 2017, 01:06:08 am
why did you merge takumi instead of giving that counter to someone else
#918  May 07, 2017, 03:26:17 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#919  May 07, 2017, 07:42:30 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Sure you could give that close counter to Kagero or you could continue fusing Takumi's so you have a super Takumi who baits defense wins in arena it's what i did with my Minerva's and now 90% of my defense wins come from Red leads thinking they are gonna get an easy kill off her only to learn she can tank 1-2 hits from a red and kills on her counter attack.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyway Mae's artwork was added to the lotto site thing so she'll be on Celica's banner as well.
#920  May 08, 2017, 01:55:14 am
    • Canada
Anyone know what the next bonus heroes for Arena are yet?

my awakening/fates superwives team of kagero and tharja (both with speed and attack hone/rally) can take them all down

Kagero is bae... kinda wish I had Rally Speed and a 5 star Kagero/Julia at the time. My Jeorge also isn't suited for Arena without dance since I have nothing for him to inherit yet. I'm over here like...