YesNoOk

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] (Read 1518379 times)

Started by Moon Girard, January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android]
#1141  June 08, 2017, 10:19:02 pm
    • Canada
Yeah, you'll immediately bounce back to it from tier 18. And 100 feathers aren't worth the headache of burning crests, hand-picking enemy teams and starting all over if you lose a hero. Breaking into tier 19 (let alone 20) is still going to be pretty hard for a couple of months.

This. I burned a stupid amount of crests just to make Tier 18 next week. Mostly my fault since I could have waited for the reset, but got too eager.

Regarding Tempest Trials, this mode is amazing. Besides Arena, the game is actually fun to play again since I don't have many units to train and keep pulling the same bullshit. Real shame this mode is a limited event...
#1142  June 08, 2017, 11:14:03 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
When the fuck are they gonna add a way to change boon/bane it's such a dumb system only wanted Charlotte from the bride banner. Got her but she is -Atk +HP and in my attempts to get a second charlotte with okay IV's I've gotten 4 Bride Caeda and a Bride Cordelia all with crap IVs as well the neutral Effie was nice though. I'd rather just have to spend 50k feathers, a crap ton of badges or just about anything else to change IVs then have to try and summon a second of the character and hope they have good IVs.
#1143  June 08, 2017, 11:43:06 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
It's all fun and games until the RNG pits you against BS units.

The only unit that really tore me a new one was a 60+HP Takumi who had Vantage. His speed was high enough that none of my Blade Mages could activate Desperation to quickly finish him off and any damage I dealt to him from my units pulled him into Vantage range. I had to bust out Horse Emblem to take him out...

I'm actually more relieved to find a 72HP Hector than that monstrosity.

When the fuck are they gonna add a way to change boon/bane it's such a dumb system only wanted Charlotte from the bride banner. Got her but she is -Atk +HP and in my attempts to get a second charlotte with okay IV's I've gotten 4 Bride Caeda and a Bride Cordelia all with crap IVs as well the neutral Effie was nice though. I'd rather just have to spend 50k feathers, a crap ton of badges or just about anything else to change IVs then have to try and summon a second of the character and hope they have good IVs.

I can relate to this and hopefully IS does introduce an IV re-rolling mechanic at some point, but my only gripe about it is that if such a system were to be introduced, everyone and their grandmother would be using units with their optimal IVs which kind of kills the variety and uniqueness of every character.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it when I pull a character I really want only for it be shafted because of stupid crap like this (my Linde with +Atk/-Spd for example). It's literally an RNG within an RNG. I'm starting to think this is some ridiculous in-joke by IS referencing past Fire Emblems' use of utilizing 2 numbers with when calculating RNG...

#1144  June 08, 2017, 11:47:49 pm
i'd be fine with a system that lets you make IVs neutral for a certain amount of feathers or orbs or whatever
#1145  June 09, 2017, 12:24:14 am
How about the big emblems that you need 20 of to 5* someone and you have 500 of them lying around for each color.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1146  June 09, 2017, 07:13:08 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
The enemies have way too much hp in tempest trials. I wish there was a preview before each fight so I can swap out Nino when I get a red spam team.
#1147  June 09, 2017, 09:31:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
At this point, I just assume I'm doing 10th stratum 4-6 times in a row with a final map in the end.

Oh and Zephiel has returned.

Zephiel also shows up in Story 9-2 for the Sharena and Mirror kill quests.
Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:38:50 am by Darkflare
#1148  June 11, 2017, 11:34:09 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
How's everyone liking the event so far? I personally like it as it's a great way to grind SP and Hero Merit. When I first started using Tharja she was basically bare bones with no Hero Merit and only really had Darting Blow 3, but after a few days of Tempest she's now fully decked out through skill inheritance. She is even on the verge of maxing out on Hero Merit which happens to be the case for my other characters whom I'm running Tharja with.

I'm already at 45k points with only using 2 stamina potions so far, so I'm halfway there. Once I get all the rewards out of the way I'll probably continue running Tempest with other characters so I can take full advantage of the SP and Merit gains.
#1149  June 11, 2017, 11:42:18 pm
I noticed the quickly rising Hero Merit too, but I didn't check out the SP because I use teams already full on inherited skills.
I barely get about 2k points a day (I only got The Mask yesterday), I just run the last Hard level because the lunatic ones really annoy me, it's just too long and way too unstable. On Hard, I have a chance of finishing it with my starting team once in a while.
edit - holy fuck Tharja has 1064 SP. Thanks for the tip, I'll try this way of farming.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:10:26 am by Byakko
#1150  June 12, 2017, 12:36:01 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I just need 4* "Marth" haven't had much time to play lately.
#1151  June 12, 2017, 12:46:48 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
You build HM like crazy with the Tempest trials but I find the inflated enemies to be a bit too much at times. I lost a run because my Ninian couldn't kill Veronica when she had 2 hp left. She could only do 1 damage, then she recovered 10 then game over.
#1152  June 12, 2017, 12:52:52 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
You can chalk it up to RNGsus. I barely got good units, f2p, and low levels on a lot of them....I'm roy boy at this point.
#1153  June 12, 2017, 12:55:23 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The HM gains are so crazy I maxed out 4 characters in the past days (tbf they were over 1,000 to begin with). I had a barebones Linde I hadn't touched in a while (bad ivs) and I got enough sp in a single day to inherit the whole breath of life line of skills. Thanks to the new seal she's healing 15 hp each time she attacks.

I'm about to get 5* Lucina but I don't have any use for her. The real price is that sweet quickened pulse seal.
#1154  June 12, 2017, 02:02:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
Can't say I'm a fan. Really hate the RNG for the enemy units and how one bad move or combination can ruin the rest of your run if you don't have another team with completely different units
#1155  June 12, 2017, 04:12:42 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I'm fortunate to have multiple teams to fall on, but having a Blade Tome Mage with Desperation and high speed will make quick work of the Trials. It almost seems as it was tailor made for this kind of team due to the bloated stats of all the enemies on Lunatic.

Then again I don't run a healer outside Horse Emblem with Elise so I make it a priority to get any of my Blade Mages into Desperation range to reduce any sort of damage. When it comes to enemies with high Res that would survive an attack from my Mages, I would just have Bride Cordelia deal with them.

#1156  June 12, 2017, 07:41:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
Yea, but not everyone spends a lot of money to buy orbs to get a bunch of units.
#1157  June 12, 2017, 09:53:41 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Vantage Banner is out with Reinhardt, Lon'qu, and Gordin. If you want Reinhardt or perhaps Brave Bow+ for your Bride Cordelia/Setsuna, now's the time.
#1158  June 12, 2017, 09:59:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
Might want to snipe blue for a Reinhardt if you don't have one. Really good unit even if you're not running Horse emblem.
#1159  June 12, 2017, 05:22:56 pm
Yea, but not everyone spends a lot of money to buy orbs to get a bunch of units.
you dont need to blow a couple hundred to get a decent bladetome focused team going. anyone that has been playing since launch must have a nino and there's a decent chance they have a tharja, along with several hone/rally units to pull skills from
#1160  June 12, 2017, 05:51:09 pm
I have a bunch of unleveled 3* Ninos.