Re: Gohan Z2
#1401  September 30, 2013, 10:20:01 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
#1402  September 30, 2013, 10:31:03 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
We already tried giving him a more floaty jump in the beginning, and it sucked. I'm not really feeling the flightmode either.
Enhancing/Enabling the juggle capabilities on his Omni Kicks sounds like a plan.
The Ranbu also becoming an air grap sounds interesting.

One early idea Iced had was that he would gain a flurry punch (a la SSJ Goku standing strong punch but longer) when tapping the P button rapidly, similar to Honda's Hundred Hand Slap or something. That would work both on the ground and in the air. Thoughts on that? I discarded the idea some time ago but it might actually be a nice addition.

Soaring becomes a close range uppercut  ( can still be done on air)
What do you mean by this? What good would that do, really? I'm not doing new sprites!

Typhoon is controllable ( start the move and direct gohan after )
Yes that was a plan. I'm not entirely sure if it's really needed since p2 gets sucked into it, a la Shinkuu Tatsumaki.
#1403  September 30, 2013, 11:00:03 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The soaring punch becoming close range would just change his gameplay.

The emotion system moved towards being a bit like a dark force, sometihng that powers up the character and gives them access to a few new things. Besides the finishers each gets a tiny change in gameplay, Goku gains a genkidama burst that can electrify the opponents and a focus on keeping the opponent away so you can charge up, vegeta gains free exs and a focus on aggressivity so you can charge up, ssj goku gains free teleports and a focus on comboing so you can charge up.

Gohan should get something that evokes this. His original plan was to focus on his aerial gameplay, way to do that is to add new tools on the air.

actually hold up, how about this:

1-He can charge destiny, but only on air, if he does it on the air he stays in place floating ( can be used to avoid falling into beams )

2-if he performs any lvl 1 he loses destiny mode, lvl1 are free tho ( like vegeta has )

3-gains flurry punch as an added bonus .( alternatively, gains a safe moment on all his dashes where he vanishes like demitri )

4-at any point in time you can perform his combo move and if you have no bars all you get is the normal move
                                                               1 bar and you get the finishing punch
                                                               2 bars and you get the masenko
                                                              3 bars and you get goten kamehameha

losing the access to his hypers gives him the negative side.
#1404  September 30, 2013, 12:29:51 pm
    • Netherlands
Sound good so far. On a side note; I went with the wing kick mega animation for his strong kick finisher, and I changed the animation for his f,f+MK overhead move. That was one of my biggest irks I had with Gohan at the moment. Code-wise it's all fine, I just didn't like how the animation played.

s.SK x2                                                       f,f+MK
Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:11:09 pm by Balthazar
#1405  September 30, 2013, 12:31:25 pm
Destiny mode sounds good but, angry mode was better duo Gohan's personality and emotions in the series. Gohan is able to use more beams and blasts in this state.
#1406  September 30, 2013, 01:24:24 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This is more based on cocky Mystic Gohan than young angry SSJ Gohan.
#1407  September 30, 2013, 02:54:05 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
It should be. Gohan is entirely compatible with Goku (not SSJ) when it comes to palettes, and they're interchangeable.
So make palettes for Gohan, and test them on Goku to see if they work. ;)
Might only be the case in Photoshop that it'll work like that.
I use Fighter Factory Classic for palette making, So it just makes Goku pure black.

Still, I'll submit some when I'm done making some more.
#1408  September 30, 2013, 10:58:43 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Those are some nice kicks. Now that I see it, the Wing Mega Kick would be better as a SK finisher. His new MK almost looks like Liu Kang's Flying Dragon Kick (something I suggested earlier). That Flurry Punch idea sounds cool, though I'm torn between that and a Lightning Kick. At this point I think I've ran out of ideas.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1409  September 30, 2013, 11:31:23 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Really hope these work, I didn't like put any time of my life on them zzz

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1410  October 01, 2013, 12:08:31 am
    • Netherlands
Sure, they are nice palettes and I'm sure Cybaster will include them :)!
#1411  October 01, 2013, 12:09:14 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Here I am at work, browsing and posting away at Guild as I normally do, and I come across this thread. Seriously... every time I come here to look around at updates, I get blown away. Gohan is looking hot!! I love all of the subtleties of his animations.

You guys are giving official CPS2 styled animations a run for their fucking money. Street Fighter 5's art direction and animation should be handled by Balthazar. You heard it here first.

Keep up the always amazing work. I cannot wait to see this in my Mugen. :2thumbsup:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1412  October 01, 2013, 05:44:45 am
  • "Um...I hope you like your...smashed...death Ray!"
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
Saikoro says it best! We all love your work and are very hyped for this half-breed looking badass!! :D

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
                     http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1
#1413  October 01, 2013, 04:09:45 pm
This is more based on cocky Mystic Gohan than young angry SSJ Gohan.

Mystic Gohan wasn't really cocky man. He was pretty much sensitive but, was also sure of his Mystic powers. And with sure İ mean too sure so that he made Buu absorb Gotenks.

Sure, they are nice palettes and I'm sure Cybaster will include them :)!

İ still have to fix my own two palletes for Gohan aswell. İ will do that when İ get to it.
#1414  October 01, 2013, 04:49:16 pm
    • Netherlands
Street Fighter 5 done by me/team Z2? I'm in!

Mystic Gohan was maybe not enterely cocky, but very confident. And yes he got overconfident and that got him absorbed by Buu.
Well, his fate will now lie in your hands, not in Toriyama's writing!

I added some animation to his Saiyaman stance, to make it more dramatic. I'll get him to do some epic sentai poses as well soon.

I also seperated his face so Cy can overlap that part and it'll be shared with his palette.
I also did his midnight bliss. It's just Goku's with different hair, but at least it's out of the way.
Z2 chars don't even have a midnight bliss themselves so it's not that big of a deal to me :P
Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:00:56 pm by Balthazar
#1415  October 01, 2013, 05:50:38 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
:pwnonk:

Wow... That sprite looks crazy awesome. And Super Sentai sprites eh?? If you're going that route, you might as well make the fab four, E.G. Power Ranger crew as characters. Hell, I'll find a way to pay you for a solid Lord Zedd!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1416  October 01, 2013, 06:08:52 pm
Street Fighter 5 done by me/team Z2? I'm in!

I'd pay so much too see that.

I can't believe as long as I've been here I've been depriving myself on this epic spritework... I must be a masochist or something. :P
#1417  October 02, 2013, 09:15:52 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
That's IF Capcom Co., Ltd. decides to make a Street Fighter 5 and not another DLC patch for Street Fighter 4 :megaeyes:...
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1418  October 02, 2013, 10:45:33 pm
  • "Um...I hope you like your...smashed...death Ray!"
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
If Capcom made a DBZ game seing how they are now, the Kamehameha wave would be DLC.

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
                     http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1
#1419  October 02, 2013, 10:56:09 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
>Implying Capcom still develops their own games
>Implying they don't just outsource their IPs to crappy outside studios and then wonders why they don't sell
#1420  October 02, 2013, 11:28:13 pm
    • Netherlands
Ok that's enough guys, let's get back on topic here.