YesNoOk

Jin Kazama by SeanAltly (w/sprites by CVSNB) (Updated 9/5!!!) (Read 49443 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 05, 2011, 01:09:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jin Kazama by SeanAltly (w/sprites by CVSNB) (Updated 9/5!!!)
#201  September 16, 2011, 05:21:37 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Trying your hardest to be civil? If that was your hardest try to be civil, you're fucking awful at being civil. And yes, it is unreasonable to expect tournament level play from all Mugen authors. I am pretty good at fighting games, for your information, just not an expert (I have a record of 104 and 48 on SF3:TSO, maining a D-tier character in Alex, at rank 11, and I've won the only tournament I've joined). So, am I supposed to stop creating because I'm not Daigo or Justin Wong or something? And after a bit of practice, I was able to get it to string together a few times (LP > HP > LP Demon's Paw), up to 15 hits, before my timing gets messed up. Your entire post just now was comprised of insincere apologies and backhanded insults, now criticizing my ability to code AND my ability to play fighting games because I made the unforgivable mistake of not catching an infinite that was only created AFTER I took the advice of another beta-tester. It's been caught, it's going to get fixed.

Yeah, I could have explained that to you in a more "civil" way, but why should I treat you with civility when you had just insulted my work AND acted like I should be working to please you (your "Didn't bother to test him further after finding this stuff, fix him, then I'll give you my final verdict" remark). If you really don't see how arrogant and pushy that sounds, than you shouldn't be giving feedback or acting all shocked when someone gets offended. I don't work for you.

Download Last Bout now!
#202  September 16, 2011, 06:01:59 pm
I did NOT say that you should stop creating because you're not Daigo or Justin Wong. Plus, I am not that surprised that you're actually pretty good at fighting games. I suspected that my timing was just that good.

You have misinterpreted my words again. I don't even know what to think at this point. All I know is that I'm sick of being misunderstood, because I feel like I've been misunderstood for my whole life, after you accused me of insulting your ability to play fighting games.

I am not criticizing your ability to play fighting games (and I apologize again for doing so in my first post), and I'm not criticizing your ability to code. On top of this, I finally understand now how pushy and rude the end of my first post was, and I really am sorry.

Now can we stop fighting? PLEASE?!
"I'll change MY direction! Yeah." - Benimaru
Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:13:34 pm by benimarucollider
#203  September 16, 2011, 07:13:06 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Sure.
#204  September 16, 2011, 08:46:32 pm
Ha. I remember when me and Sean had the same argument not so far back. Just lay low benimaru, and let Sean do his thing. I'm hype for the next update, and hopefully we won't run into more mishaps with that one.
#205  September 16, 2011, 10:22:02 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Alright, well, now I feel bad. I was just upset about your first post still, and I apologize. We can drop it, I didn't mean to get so upset.  :(

Download Last Bout now!
#206  September 16, 2011, 10:55:36 pm
Thank you. Just... thank you. Words cannot express how grateful I am to you for accepting my apology. I was so scared that you wouldn't believe me, and that we'd just end up falling apart.

Well, I didn't mean to be so arrogant, either. Silly me. ::)

Alright, then. Looking forward to the next update, and to the release of your other WIPs, especially Mr. X, since I always did like his main base in 3S. MMMMMMMMH!
"I'll change MY direction! Yeah." - Benimaru
#207  September 17, 2011, 04:44:23 am
  • Rawr!
sean as always u peek my interest to the very top with ur chars (altho i know this isn't fully ur char it is ur coding tho and ur ideas) but why in gods name don't i see his axe kick or anything? cos i know cvsnb definitely sprited them.. just curious to why u didn't add his signature moves (and yes it kinda is one of his signatures if u think about it ) lol other than that like i said absolutely excellent glad to have him added to my roster.

edit: oh and i do apologize if this has been answered already i slightly skimmed thru the posts.
#208  September 17, 2011, 05:46:07 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thank you. Just... thank you. Words cannot express how grateful I am to you for accepting my apology. I was so scared that you wouldn't believe me, and that we'd just end up falling apart.

Well, I didn't mean to be so arrogant, either. Silly me. ::)

Alright, then. Looking forward to the next update, and to the release of your other WIPs, especially Mr. X, since I always did like his main base in 3S. MMMMMMMMH!

His main animation base is actually Maxima, I only used Q for his overhead axe handle smash and one of his win poses.

sean as always u peek my interest to the very top with ur chars (altho i know this isn't fully ur char it is ur coding tho and ur ideas) but why in gods name don't i see his axe kick or anything? cos i know cvsnb definitely sprited them.. just curious to why u didn't add his signature moves (and yes it kinda is one of his signatures if u think about it ) lol other than that like i said absolutely excellent glad to have him added to my roster.

edit: oh and i do apologize if this has been answered already i slightly skimmed thru the posts.

No sir, I don't have any sprites for an Axe kick. Also, I guess you really didn't read the past few pages or you would have seen what was said about not being able to add every Tekken move into this character. And honestly, I'm not a huge Tekken guy, but I think stuff like Tidal Wave, Avenger, Corpse Thrust, Double Chamber Punch, Double Lift Kick, Demon's Paw, Electric Wind Hook, etc., are definitely more of his signatures than an Axe kick. Half the characters in Tekken 6 have some form of Axe Kick, it seems. I appreciate the kind words, but I don't think leaving out an axe kick is the same thing as "not adding his signature moves." You really probably should read the last two pages of the thread to see what I'm talking about.  :-\

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:52:24 am by Sean CenAltly
#209  September 17, 2011, 11:26:23 pm
  • Rawr!
ah ur correct he didn't sprite them my mistake sorry about that sean..  good job as i said.. and i guess i can see ur point .. its for ur own project so who am i to discourage ur work.. keep up the awesome work.. any updates on mr. x?
#210  September 23, 2011, 08:33:19 pm
hey mate, any chance for an A.I. patch? Not that im complaining, just its a shame seeing Jin getting his arse handed by every single opponent, im getting sad:) other than that, keep up the great work, thumbs up!!!
#211  September 23, 2011, 09:09:19 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
hey mate, any chance for an A.I. patch? Not that im complaining, just its a shame seeing Jin getting his arse handed by every single opponent, im getting sad:) other than that, keep up the great work, thumbs up!!!

It's been stated in previous posts several times, but because I haven't seen your name here, be aware Sean is currently doing a 1.0 AI patch for him, so you have to wait, and hopefully you use 1.0.
#212  September 23, 2011, 11:15:16 pm
I was hoping you can input ex moves to your jin to make it feel like SFXT characters doesn't have to be perfect and if when jin comes out SFXT just update your character moves.   :)
#213  September 23, 2011, 11:21:35 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I swear I should start every page of this thread with that Cybaster post from a few pages back.

Download Last Bout now!
#214  September 23, 2011, 11:29:07 pm
Meh. People don't like to read. So will the update still be coming in the near future, considering that Sub-Zero is a day or two away, or is the update delayed?
#215  September 23, 2011, 11:34:32 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It's coming, I've just been busy. I might release it tonight when I get home from work.

Download Last Bout now!
#216  September 23, 2011, 11:35:36 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Shit that reminds me, I haven't gotten to testing because I started work over the weekend.
#217  September 24, 2011, 05:55:07 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I think you should ensure Sean that you place the fact about that AI update in the topic...but something tells me people still wouldn't catch on, oh well. I was surprised with the downloads for your character, my first set got like around 30 downloads, the second pack around 20, I might make a third...but not right now :p
New #218  September 24, 2011, 06:00:32 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Is that a lot or not enough?

Also boom.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:40:25 am by Sean CenAltly