YesNoOk

Super Buu Z2 [Project] (Read 677529 times)

Started by Barker, February 06, 2015, 02:22:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Buu Z2 (Inspired) [Project]
#361  July 19, 2015, 12:15:40 am
#362  July 21, 2015, 12:24:58 am
    • Canada

Buu's stomach punch get-hit frames. HQ did the animation base.
#363  July 21, 2015, 12:47:15 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
he's like the only character you has get hits that look as if he's getting hit hard af. the rest just have mini flinches but buu just looks like he's getting whooped
#364  July 21, 2015, 12:54:02 am
    • Argentina
It looks amazing! I love it :D
#365  July 21, 2015, 04:46:04 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Goddamn it, that's so smooth.

Shit
#366  July 24, 2015, 06:49:02 pm
    • Canada
This is going to be Buu's vice shot. Similar to Goku's level 1 kamehameha but with a slight twist we'll elaborate on later. (The orb sprites aren't final here.)

And the diagonal version fired from the air:
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:20:14 pm by Barker
#367  July 24, 2015, 08:06:54 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Uhm.. Vice SHOT? i thought the only "Vice" anyone in the entire series had was Vice SHOUT.
this looks more like a mini Planet Burst like Hyper Dimension versions of Kid Buu.
Also, it might just be me.. but his jump looks cartoon level silly. just feels a bit weird
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:13:32 pm by X-Sky-X
#368  July 24, 2015, 08:12:13 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Comparing the two, I find the diagonal version to look much better.  On the first anim, I feel like his body should turn when he throws the shot, but his posture looks appropriate on the second one.

Just my opinion.  Keep up the great work!

#369  July 24, 2015, 08:56:45 pm
    • Canada
Uhm.. Vice SHOT? i thought the only "Vice" anyone in the entire series had was Vice SHOUT.
We aren't just pulling moves from the anime and games. Some of these will be entirely original yet true to the character. I've already begun work on Vice Shout, as stated previously in the thread.

Also, it might just be me.. but his jump looks cartoon level silly. just feels a bit weird

Well that's kind of what we're going for here - he's a big pink cartoon monster that's gonna murder you and dance on your candy grave.
#370  July 24, 2015, 09:10:13 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Oh, like Vegeta's Bakuhatsu-ha and Photon Bomb. But Isn't Fat buu the only Buu to attack in silly ways? the others are silly but when they attack for example, they are blood thirsty as hell.

That's scary T^T
#371  July 25, 2015, 12:18:24 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
That's a very unique launching animation. Buu is definitely looking to have his own flavour in the Z2 cast. I like it a lot.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#372  July 25, 2015, 01:39:59 am
    • Canada
That's a very unique launching animation. Buu is definitely looking to have his own flavour in the Z2 cast. I like it a lot.

Thanks. Nothing is final here, so the animation has room for improvement ofc. Also this isn't really how the move will function in game, but these are the base frames we'll be using.

lui

#373  July 25, 2015, 01:45:28 am
    • USA
have you looked at any darkstalkers get hits for inspiration? if not, i suggest you do, they have great over-exaggerated get hits that would suit super buu finely.
but damn, these animations are sooooo good, it makes me jealous >.<
#374  July 29, 2015, 04:25:21 pm
    • Canada

Still a work in-progress. Some stuff with the pants and feet will be fixed for sure.
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:24:43 pm by Barker
#375  July 29, 2015, 05:42:40 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
is that the candy beam? caaaaaaaaaaaaaanddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy beeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam?????????????
#376  July 29, 2015, 10:59:50 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
As a joke, it'd be funny to hear him yell "CHOCOLATE!" when the opponent changes into candy XD
#377  July 30, 2015, 08:23:08 am
  • Not for sale

Still a work in-progress. Some stuff with the pants and feet will be fixed for sure.

I think a bit of motion-blur when he whips his head-dildo would help. Also, I think it would look a bit less stiff if he stretched his arms out behind him instead of bring them up to his chest.
#378  July 30, 2015, 08:37:55 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA

It might just be my current state of mind, but with his air Vice Shout, I think it would do him justice to over exaggerate the entire animation a little more. Meaning, have him bend down even more, stretch his arms out more, and lift his legs higher and stretch them out more. It would give the animation a lot more impact, and make it seem more like what he's throwing is packing a hefty punch. Just imagine what someone would look like throwing a shot put. Not saying Vice Shout is a shot put, but you know what I mean. Just a suggestion. Also, another suggestion is to have him hold/pause for at least 1 second on the sprite that has the projectile being released, but don't hold/pause the projectile. It would just cool in my opinion. Whatever you do though, keep on doing. You're blowing my mind with what you are doing with Buu, seriously. Nice job so far.
#379  July 30, 2015, 02:57:57 pm
    • Canada
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think in the vice shot gifs the projectile I added for placeholder took away some of the impact of the move. With some FX and SFX and a properly animated projectile I think it'll look good. Also this move MAY involve teleport shenanigans, more on that later.

Things could still be changed, but for now I think I'm happy with it.
I think a bit of motion-blur when he whips his head-dildo would help.
hehe
#380  July 30, 2015, 04:40:55 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Barker: If you don't mind, I took the liberty of fixing it up for ya. ^_^

Mine: Yours:

Though I put it on my Tumblr, I made sure to credit you and link to your thread.  ;)

As for Capcom styled FX, Psycho Ball is your best friend here. ^_^
This is a generic forum signature.