YesNoOk

Super Buu Z2 [Project] (Read 677457 times)

Started by Barker, February 06, 2015, 02:22:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Buu Z2 [Project]
#821  June 18, 2016, 05:46:31 pm
    • USA
Balthazar good shit man u see my profile pic Vegeta is eating your HYPER DBZ Dinnner lol
<----
:)

Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:51:52 pm by Saint
#822  June 19, 2016, 01:55:09 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Amazing.

#823  June 19, 2016, 06:57:58 am
  • Not for sale
Trailer was great. Seems like Buu still has his heavily shaded pectorals? Are you guys sticking with those?
#824  June 19, 2016, 09:18:37 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Just let 'em be :P You can't win 'em all!

lui

#825  June 19, 2016, 05:22:43 pm
    • USA
He looks like hes gonna be one of the more difficult fighters to learn, sweet!
#826  June 19, 2016, 11:19:45 pm
great look and like the rolling ball being able to change directions
#827  June 19, 2016, 11:25:32 pm
    • Canada
Trailer was great. Seems like Buu still has his heavily shaded pectorals? Are you guys sticking with those?

All the new sprites don't have that shading. I have to go back and change all the old sprites and make sure the animations are still smooth. I'll do it eventually...
#828  June 19, 2016, 11:34:48 pm
  • Not for sale
All the new sprites don't have that shading. I have to go back and change all the old sprites and make sure the animations are still smooth. I'll do it eventually...

I feel you. Was just curious.
#829  June 20, 2016, 12:19:05 am
    • USA
Yo balthazar keep up the work. :)
#830  June 20, 2016, 11:11:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#831  June 20, 2016, 11:24:35 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Okay guys I want your feedback on the puddle mode, what do you feel about it? From seeing it operate?

Here are the deeds, by pressing down down and holding down you enter a second stance.
In this stance you can't attack but your hitboxes are minimal and you can't be grabbed.
Once hit you are thrown into getup anim, forcing you out of the stance.

You can enter the secondary stance in two more ways.

By holding Down while using aerial SK ( the sleepy bye bye attack) where Buu passes zout mid jump and sleeps until he connects with the floor.
By holding down when shooting his Maniac ball attack against the floor.

Buu is being developed to have weird basics, which include attacking from anatomically impossible poses and using all parts of his body to attack.
#832  June 20, 2016, 11:53:16 am
  • Not for sale
I think the animation needs work. Someone mentioned that the goop should kinda roll, like in waves. Right now it just kinda stretches and contracts.
As for the function, how long is the recovery when you get out of it? You can't attack in the mode, so do you recover quickly enough for a cross-under mix-up? If it's too reactable, I'd probably want to stay near it and punish it when he exits the mode.
Glacius has a similar move in Killer Instinct, and he uses it to low-profile fireballs and sometimes close distance when he's being out-zoned. He also has an ability where he liquidizes and travels a certain distance and goes immediately into an uppercut. This can also cross-up opponents if they're close enough. Maybe you guys should look to that character for some solid data on how it effects his play.
It seems like a decent concept for an escape function, or maybe to make some attacks safe if you can cancel into it.... but it's offensive potential is hard to gauge without knowing more.
Also hard to know if I'd use it without knowing Buu's full move-set and style. If he doesn't have any moves that have strong synergy with it., for like strong set-ups or whatever.
Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:03:49 pm by AugustAPC
#833  June 20, 2016, 11:55:59 am
- How long can he stay as a puddle?
- At 0:51 and at 0:58 he should spin the other way when going upwards or downwards (he should spin anti-clockwise);
- I just noticed that his aerial SK (Sleepy bye-bye attack) sprite has fingers on his hands while in most of his other sprites he hasn't.

Also I feel like this post was overlooked so I'm quoting this:
I don't like the way Buu moved when he was a puddle.
I think it would look better if the puddle waved at the bottom like a slug instead of inching like a worm.
 example.

The inching forward is cool, but adding a wave at the bottom helps.
Tapering the end also helps give weight to the direction he is moving in.
#834  June 20, 2016, 12:13:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think the animation needs work. Someone mentioned that the goop should kinda roll, like in waves. Right now it just kinda stretches and contracts.
As for the function, how long is the recovery when you get out of it? You can't attack in the mode, so do you recover quickly enough for a cross-under mix-up? If it's too reactable, I'd probably want to stay near it and punish it when he exits the mode.
Glacius has a similar move in Killer Instinct, and he uses it to low-profile fireballs and sometimes close distance when he's being out-zoned. He also has an ability where he liquidizes and travels a certain distance and goes immediately into an uppercut. This can also cross-up opponents if they're close enough. Maybe you guys should look to that character for some solid data on how it effects his play.
It seems like a decent concept for an escape function, or maybe to make some attacks safe if you can cancel into it.... but it's offensive potential is hard to gauge without knowing more.
Also hard to know if I'd use it without knowing Buu's full move-set and style. If he doesn't have any moves that have strong synergy with it., for like strong set-ups or whatever.

He's meant to be able to stay in it as far as he wants right now, but he can be attacked by any low attacks, he can avoid any fireballs with it.  His getup is not invulnerable and he can't attack straight out of it. It's main function is avoiding and fast moving. He trades all possibilities of attacking for his vcery high mobility. Ideal way to use it, avoid fireball spam by madly dashing under them, popup  and attack .

Ive been toying with the idea to give him a wakeup attack out of it but right now it would be extremely cheap.

EVerything is bound to change depending on how he does during beta testing tho.

His specials moveset right now is as follows.

Maniac ball, a changing direction rolling attack, where he can change direction once during the flight ( Ex allows for several flight changes)
Turn to chocolate! A cursing move, hits only close to him, turns opponents into a non attacking, non defending candy form that wobbles around. Opponents revert on a hard hit.
Pop up kick : otg kick that pops up at several different distances.
HARK: spitting move, its an arc traveling fireball.

His odd basics are his main strenght, the other attacks give him his own flavour.

Hypers are still being fleshed out so I will hold out on talking about those for now.
#835  June 20, 2016, 12:44:27 pm
  • Not for sale
Well, with Glacius, he actually has two separate commands. One where he can just liquidize and move on the ground with low-profile... pretty much identical to what Buu currently has, if I understand correctly. Then he has his puddle-punch, which has him liquidize and move a set distance and come out immediately into an uppercut. So... it's more of a commitment, you can't just liquidize and move anywhere and then attack. It sorta works like Yang's rolling kick, except it will cross under an opponent and auto-correct for a mix-up.
Not sure if that's an avenue you guys would want to explore... I'm sure there's plenty of variations on the concept that could be played with.

It seems like HARK might have some potential to mesh with puddle mode. I guess it depends on the projectile arc and speed. I was thinking if you could throw a full-screen HARK and have enough time to go into puddle-mode and travel to your opponent, you could use the block-stun of the HARK projectile to cover your get-up animation and start some pressure, or get a mix-up.
#836  June 20, 2016, 12:49:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Good idea, gonna take that into consideration. If it isnt too cheap.
#837  June 20, 2016, 12:51:38 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
One of the Hypers is featured on the video, so we can also explain its behavior

Heavy Rain Lv1
Buu launches 6-7 fireballs into the sky which will fall on top of the enemy after some delay. The button press will determine the scattering of the different projectiles on the screen.
Due to the delay, it will be used as combo starter or mid-in-combo (start hitting the enemy before the projectiles fall to the ground)
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#838  June 20, 2016, 09:27:37 pm
    • Italy
    • anorexic.vampire@gmail.com
#839  June 20, 2016, 11:58:21 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
He will be released when we believe it's the right time after finishing the character and ironing out all the problems
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#840  June 21, 2016, 12:04:41 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Trailer looks wonderful. You are all doing a good job, mateys. ;)
This is a generic forum signature.