YesNoOk

Super Buu Z2 [Project] (Read 676560 times)

Started by Barker, February 06, 2015, 02:22:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Buu Z2 [Project]
#861  July 23, 2016, 10:46:59 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Though it would work fine in a closed environment such as HDBZ, I recall them saying they wanted the characters to be identical between the game and regular MUGEN, which would mean the attack would be useless against all but Z2 characters unless copying a non-compatible character gives Buu a random move, or they compiled a huge list of characters.

I personally don't feel the need for such a thing.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#862  July 23, 2016, 02:35:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Sorry brorigami but thats not happening.
#863  July 23, 2016, 03:12:55 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#864  July 23, 2016, 09:58:29 pm
Maybe the one at 1:31 could look like this:

And it would be cool if the move at 3:08 looked like this:

#865  July 23, 2016, 10:02:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Maybe the one at 1:31 could look like this:

And it would be cool if the move at 3:08 looked like this:

Im confused, those are the same moves that he used in that fight.

Maniac ball and GACK!, one is a multi hitting ball attack where he rolls himself and hits the opponent, changing directions mid shooting and the other is a vomit attack where he barfs out a large ammount of energy.
#866  July 23, 2016, 10:04:58 pm
    • Canada
Thammy was being sarcastic. It's obvious that Buu already has these moves that Yaret mentioned.
#867  July 24, 2016, 04:03:08 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:06:24 am by yaret
#868  July 24, 2016, 06:53:36 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Awesome sarcasm is awesome

#869  July 26, 2016, 04:04:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Dramatic like this 0:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxk51BTvozc
like the serie is dramatic 3:08

No he wont have those moves as finishers.

Sorry Thammy, i didnt recognize your sarcasm at first.

Super buu will be using his "Kill you" move as a level 3, following it he shall do one of 3 finishers.

They are going to be moves that usually wouldnt be possible to use during normal gameplay. Nothing as complex as Freeza supernova, but expect some really cinematic-like finishers.
#870  July 27, 2016, 07:56:33 pm
    • Canada
What could these be for?!
#871  July 27, 2016, 07:59:27 pm
    • Germany
#872  July 27, 2016, 08:01:06 pm
    • Argentina
Elementary, my dear Lichtbringer ^

They look amazing! It's interesting that the Majin Vegeta one has the M on his forehead.
Are you planning to make them as a win pose, Barker?
#873  July 27, 2016, 08:23:22 pm
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Doesn't this version of Buu still like Hercule? Like, wouldn't he not want to absorb Hercule since he befriended Buu? Also, wouldn't you have to code the palletes you have on the individual characters that Buu absorbs? If that made any sense..
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:33:14 pm by Proto-Namek
#874  July 27, 2016, 09:11:31 pm
    • Canada
They look amazing! It's interesting that the Majin Vegeta one has the M on his forehead.
Are you planning to make them as a win pose, Barker?
The reason Balthazar didn't do the M is because of how troublesome it is to sprite. These are just single sprites so I don't have to worry about consistency in a full sheet. :) I should also mention that Daeron and Balth contributed the Buubidi and Saibuuman sprites.
Doesn't this version of Buu still like Hercule? Like, wouldn't he not want to absorb Hercule since he befriended Buu? Also, wouldn't you have to code the palletes you have on the individual characters that Buu absorbs? If that made any sense..
I don't recall Super Buu showing any kindness to Mr Satan in the anime while in his Super form. Also this is a fighter where Goku can fight Goku, so I don't think there should be worries about this kind of stuff. :)
#875  July 28, 2016, 03:54:46 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Ooh, cool 0..0 No Gohan?
#876  July 28, 2016, 12:31:45 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#877  July 30, 2016, 08:35:53 am
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
I just realized; when new characters are added, wouldn't you need to re-work some new lines for existing characters?

Like, add some new dialogue for Goku when he goes up against/wins against Piccolo in the next build? Or rework Gohan's/Babidi's dialogue against Super Buu?

Sorry if this is kind of a stupid question.. ^^'
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.
#878  July 30, 2016, 09:21:09 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I don't recall Super Buu showing any kindness to Mr Satan in the anime while in his Super form. Also this is a fighter where Goku can fight Goku, so I don't think there should be worries about this kind of stuff. :)

I agree as a fighting game it does not matter, but Super Buu let Hercule live when he killed 99.999999% of the population. On some level he still cared for him.

#879  July 30, 2016, 09:56:12 am
What could these be for?!

Whoooa, great !!!
I especially like the Saibuuman (who could have guessed that? XD )

A detail, but I have the feeling Buucolo is smaller than Buutenks. Seems kind of strange, since Piccolo is kind of a tall guy.

I don't recall Super Buu showing any kindness to Mr Satan in the anime while in his Super form.

Just after he transformed in Super Boo, he rushed on Mr Satan (and the dog) to kill them, but stopped suddenly and left, making Satan realize there was still some fat Buu's influence inside him.

Also, he accepted to give Piccolo some time at Kami's lookoot when he discovered Videl was indeed Satan's daughter ("she has the same smell than Satan" :D ).

Also this is a fighter where Goku can fight Goku, so I don't think there should be worries about this kind of stuff. :)

On that however, I agree ^^

I just realized; when new characters are added, wouldn't you need to re-work some new lines for existing characters?

Like, add some new dialogue for Goku when he goes up against/wins against Piccolo in the next build? Or rework Gohan's/Babidi's dialogue against Super Buu?

No, that's not a stupid question, in fact ;)

If most cases a "X vs Y" does not require specific dialogues, but it would be very surprising to have for example a Gohan vs Piccolo with the 2 characters speaking to each other as if they didn't share a special link or didn't even know each other.
#880  July 30, 2016, 12:05:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

While we had  some specific lines at t he beginning, if we create those then someone who is stuck in a fight in arcade mode is stuck always seeing the same intros and winposes against that character. That happened a lot with goku vs vegeta in the first build, so now we are trying to avoid doing a lot of those "specific" intros and winposes, also specific winquotes and etc.