• Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/

Re: wrestling
#1383  March 20, 2009, 12:09:49 am
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
I love Ric Flair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8fHyrrXXRk
...too bad you can't embed these.

My new favorite thing are these shoot interviews you find on You Tube.

Incredible clip. Haha, way to be bitter towards every single person who EVER made more money than you at any given time.  To say only Piper possesses his level of mic skills is the most insulting comment in that entire video.  To name just a few, Randy Savage or The Rock wipe the floor with Flair.
#1384  March 20, 2009, 01:05:59 am
Incredible clip. Haha, way to be bitter towards every single person who EVER made more money than you at any given time.  To say only Piper possesses his level of mic skills is the most insulting comment in that entire video.  To name just a few, Randy Savage or The Rock wipe the floor with Flair.

Don't forget about Austin...I always liked him.
It's funny that you mention Savage cause most people rank his mic skills in the same class as the Ultimate Warrior, completely random and utterly insane.
#1385  March 20, 2009, 01:21:09 am
Randy Savage never seems to get the respect he deserves. He is the lord and master of the ring!! That's one of the best lines ever, and his wrestling ability was brilliant. On top of all that he had the best big elbow ever  :sugoi:

I guess its vince erasing him from history, which is ridiculous as he deserves to be in history more then people like koko b ware

I always shine!
#1386  March 20, 2009, 03:08:01 am
It's funny that you mention Savage cause most people rank his mic skills in the same class as the Ultimate Warrior, completely random and utterly insane.

They do?  Haven't really heard that before actually (unless from maybe Vince McMahon himself).  Savage goes off on a tangent, sure (few wrestlers didn't back then).  But that doesn't change the fact he was by far one of the most effective, captivating, entertaining speakers in the business.  His words were awfully "colorful" at times, but that's just what made us love hearing him speak.

With Savage, I could still always undertand what he was getting at.  Warrior on the other hand, is literally on another planet whenver he speaks.

DMK

#1387  March 20, 2009, 05:17:07 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Speaking of ol'Randy and his talk on the mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo

On an unrelated note anyone here picking up Legends of Wrestlemania next week? I thought the controls and camera was a bit odd and felt more like a 3D fighting game then wrestling, but it was still fun to play and seeing certain matchs remade is going to be awesome.
#1388  March 20, 2009, 09:47:44 pm
On an unrelated note anyone here picking up Legends of Wrestlemania next week?

There's a couple of really weird things that bother me, from what I've seen so far...mostly involving the Undertaker (who is the best ever)

He waves his hands up at the crowd and shakes like a Parkinson's patient when Paul raises the urn in front of him. Why would they give the Undertaker, a character who has a very specific style, common taunts?
Also...where the hell is his coat? He had it as the Legend Undertaker in Smackdown vs Raw; why can't they do it now? 

And over all...it looks like they got one person for all the wrestler's motion capturing. For most of the characters it seems ok, but if they're going for realism it's not gonna cut it. It reminds me of the old Akklaim games for N64.

They did it best with the No Mercy N64 engine. They might've looked cartoonish, but the essence of all the characters were captured a lot better.
#1389  March 21, 2009, 12:22:39 am
^ Yeah, I think I'm passing on it, at least while it's full-price.  And coming from a MASSIVE old-school WWF fan like me, my not getting this game is a huge deal.

But I've been closely following the news on this game since last summer.  And now that I've talked to people personally who have a copy of the actual game, I can say it sounds like a complete wreck.  After I play through a wrestling game, I end up primarily playing royal rumbles (STILL playing them in SvR'06).  Well other than some improved animations, apparently rumbles are virtually unplayable.  The gameplay took a COMPLETE nosedive.  You cannot to special moves of any kind (especially not finishers), and for the most part, all you can do is strike attacks.  You just walk around tapping X the whole time. The one-on-one matches given in the demo are the by far the best-made matches in the entire game.  So basically the game itself is as good as the demo with a bigger roster.

There are countless other things that bother me.  There is only ONE tag-team attack in the entire game, and it's the doomsday device.  Movesets are incredibly limited all-around for created wrestlers (think TNA Impact!), most wrestler's models looked far better in previous games.  Ironically, KAMALA has the most accuarate model in the entire game.  Most of the attires are completely wrong.  I could go on and on, but I'll save my fingers.
Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:27:14 am by Nate Nukem
#1390  March 21, 2009, 01:32:23 am
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/

#1391  March 21, 2009, 01:43:44 am
Superstars returns.
Hmm. I don't think it's gonna do much.
I remember the days of the original Superstars when they wrestled jobbers and had the occasional cool moment or big match. Everything is main event status now. Pay Per Views use to mean something.
Things use to take a long time to pan out. Nowadays champions don't last more than like 4 months.

Oh my God, I feel like an old man complaining....I'm my day, you'd have to walk 4 miles to school, in the snow, with newspaper wrapped around our feet because we couldn't afford shoes.
#1392  March 21, 2009, 01:57:33 am
You know what, I think John Cena is kinda sexy. He looks a little like Mark Wahlberg. He's hot too. 
#1393  March 21, 2009, 01:59:04 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
... ???
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx

DMK

#1394  March 21, 2009, 02:47:05 am
    • USA
#1395  March 21, 2009, 03:07:13 pm
  • Death or Glory.
I guess its vince erasing him from history, which is ridiculous as he deserves to be in history more then people like koko b ware

Unless Vince has no say over the matches shown on the Vintage Collection show, I wouldn't say they're erasing him. That show's shown a lot of Savage's old matches. And yeah, he rocked back in the day.

DMK said:
On an unrelated note anyone here picking up Legends of Wrestlemania next week? I thought the controls and camera was a bit odd and felt more like a 3D fighting game then wrestling, but it was still fun to play and seeing certain matchs remade is going to be awesome.

Well I was thinking about it, and I stress the word thinking. From what everyone's saying though, doesn't sound like it'll be worth it.

Aono Tsukune said:
Presenting..... WWE Superstars

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwesuperstars/?cid=2009EP-00

A new show? Sounds like it could be good. It might just end up becoming the new Heat though. We'll see...
#1396  March 22, 2009, 01:38:11 am
So how's wrestling been nowadays?

DMK

#1397  March 22, 2009, 02:20:45 am
    • USA
Personally a lot better then the past few years. Good time to start watching again due to a lot of fresh faces around both main promotions and with Wrestlemania coming up and the draft you'll be able to see new rivalries and matchs plus catching new storylines rather then trying to catch up on the old.
#1398  March 31, 2009, 03:41:28 pm

You see...this is what we as wrestling fans have to put up with  :P
#1399  March 31, 2009, 10:35:06 pm
tazz's contract expired :(
#1400  March 31, 2009, 11:51:07 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!