YesNoOk

The CS Discussion Thread (Read 1918359 times)

Started by Froz, August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: The CS Discussion Thread
#1221  October 28, 2017, 10:03:43 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#1222  October 28, 2017, 03:47:33 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Also I'm pretty sure that thread is dead.
#1223  October 29, 2017, 03:59:09 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
It's a pity that thread it's not used, it good to know what it's CS'ed.  :(

I will, good job, you’ve really expanded it well. Most of the hard parts are already done, just overcoming the tedium. Post a single sprite and I will make a default for now more later on discord.
Thanks Rei! I have these ones here:

Anyway, I made some palettes for Piccolo:

Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:18:59 am by L.E.O.N
#1224  October 30, 2017, 05:44:32 am
So I started color separating about a few days ago but just dabbed on it because I didn't know how to. Even watched some tutorials and still I didn't get it, until I came across one guide on these forums that made everything click for me. And I came out with a color separation of Goku Z2:

https://imgur.com/a/QaAQX

This was my first project in color separating. I plan on doing more as Hyper DBZ keeps growing. Gokuz2 is one of my favorite characters to use and I always wanted the EoZ Goku Palette swap. I'm almost done with the sprite just need to finish the 'getting hit' frames.

Edit: Hmmm thought I could post a pic using imgur..
2ND Edit: Heh guess I could just link it too instead of trying to be fancy lolz..
Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:51:25 am by Megido_Flame
#1225  October 30, 2017, 01:14:39 pm
    • USA
Any particular reason, or should I say, was it intentional you cs'd over the cs I gave you?
You only had to continue where it was left off, but you went over it, no wonder it took you so long.

#1226  October 30, 2017, 04:44:15 pm
Any particular reason, or should I say, was it intentional you cs'd over the cs I gave you?
You only had to continue where it was left off, but you went over it, no wonder it took you so long.

I'd figured someone already did this...I'm new here so I dont even know who's who around here lol..If you already had a template for GokuZ2, I wasn't able to find it here. So I made one my own. Even though I knew there'd be one already done, it didn't hurt for me to get some hands on color separating and getting the gist of things.
#1227  October 30, 2017, 05:31:52 pm
    • USA
Talking to the person above you, didn’t see your post.
#1228  October 30, 2017, 09:43:04 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil

Beside the fact I'm laziness itself...Yes, it was intencional.  I wanted to expand the CS and thought about having separated legs would be cool, it's possible to make palettes like this:

Well, the black tone It's kinda difficult to separate, it's hard tell what pixel belongs to what, but I'm doing what I can, of course it will have some mistakes but at least I think will be easier to fix it with everything separated.

#1229  October 30, 2017, 10:44:11 pm
    • USA
I mean to say, you can expand a cs, as you did create new slots CSing over the already done CS. You did nothing wrong here, you just added more work for yourself, but as you said, you chose to. There is no easy way about it unfortunately, most skip it. I use the smallest pencil size and do it pixel by pixel, which understandably isn’t fun. Don’t even get caught up in that though, as you pass through each time, you catch the strays. So yeah change the colors if that helps. I’ll definitely go through and clean it up anyway.

lui

#1230  October 31, 2017, 12:49:23 am
    • USA
It's a pity that thread it's not used, it good to know what it's CS'ed.  :(

I will, good job, you’ve really expanded it well. Most of the hard parts are already done, just overcoming the tedium. Post a single sprite and I will make a default for now more later on discord.
Thanks Rei! I have these ones here:

Anyway, I made some palettes for Piccolo:

my god these are cool, thanks as always LEON :)
#1231  October 31, 2017, 01:39:44 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
my god these are cool, thanks as always LEON :)

Sure thing, glad you like it! ;D
I'll be adding another set of pals soon.

I mean to say, you can expand a cs, as you did create new slots CSing over the already done CS. You did nothing wrong here, you just added more work for yourself, but as you said, you chose to. There is no easy way about it unfortunately, most skip it. I use the smallest pencil size and do it pixel by pixel, which understandably isn’t fun. Don’t even get caught up in that though, as you pass through each time, you catch the strays. So yeah change the colors if that helps. I’ll definitely go through and clean it up anyway.

Yeah man that isn't fun at all! XD But I'm doing the same thing, pixel by pixel, I separated all the colors first and left the black one for last, it has been helping me to see what is what. Anyway, at least this is helping me understand more about pixel art.
I forgot to mention I added a fourth shade to the glove, now the inside part of the glove has a darker tone.
I like these default pals, it's great!
And thanks as always man!
#1232  November 02, 2017, 06:49:55 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
I made some palettes for Jmorphman's Chun-Li for no reason at all XD So I'm just sharing them here in case anyone likes.

Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:06:27 pm by L.E.O.N
#1233  November 03, 2017, 03:07:46 am
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Nice, always like seeing your palettes man!
#1234  November 04, 2017, 01:56:40 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
gorgeous palettes!
#1235  November 04, 2017, 08:25:06 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
#1236  November 04, 2017, 09:59:26 pm
    • USA
Why not make pals for the Shiki?
Also if you get bored.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1237  November 04, 2017, 10:11:44 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I made some palettes for Jmorphman's Chun-Li for no reason at all XD So I'm just sharing them here in case anyone likes.
Umm, excuse me, it is extremely illegal to make palettes for my characters without telling me. How the heck am I supposed to add them if I don't know about them?!?! >:[

#1238  November 04, 2017, 10:39:38 pm
  • MK: Devastation Team Member
  • Just a youngster. :D
    • Argentina
Cool to see Color Separations! Keep the good work!
And nice palettes L.E.O.N. ;D
For MK MUGEN fans!
#1239  November 05, 2017, 08:17:41 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Umm, excuse me, it is extremely illegal to make palettes for my characters without telling me. How the heck am I supposed to add them if I don't know about them?!?! >:[

Ahck!! Sorry about that @Jmorphman, I didn't want to bother you with palettes. Especially of a non recent character. :neatdrop:

Why not make pals for the Shiki?
Also if you get bored.

Oh palettes templates!
Kaede! :o I completely forgot about him! I said I was going to makes pals for him mouths ago and I didn't... Oh God I'm a man with no words!
*Digs a hole and hides in it, ashamed.*

Cool to see Color Separations! Keep the good work!
And nice palettes L.E.O.N. ;D

Thanks! Glad you like it! ;D
Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:03:18 pm by L.E.O.N
#1240  November 14, 2017, 12:59:56 am
    • USA
Here is another one for you, almost done with this "guy".

Did a few defaults.
Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:20:03 am by ;x