YesNoOk

Iron Patriot by Iron-angelus and Andersontavars (Read 21370 times)

Started by iron-angelus, November 11, 2012, 12:08:04 am
Share this topic:
Iron Patriot by Iron-angelus and Andersontavars
#1  November 11, 2012, 12:08:04 am
Today is the day! After several months I release the Pre-final version of Andersontavar's Iron Patriot.
I call this a pre-Final release version because I made (with anderson) all I had to do. That's the 95% of the char, left the other 5 %, your feedback, some palletes, and any bug correction that I might have not seen.

Thanks to:
Andersontavars
Vollzilla
Hypersonic (custom sounds) Ax (Help me with Hypersonic's custom sounds)

:yippi:  :yippi: Updated 11-13-12
Link: http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t485-iron-patriot-by-iron-angelus-and-andersontavars#5455
Enjoy and tell me what you think
Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:55:21 am by iron-angelus
Re: Iron Patriot by Iron-angelus and Andersontavars
#2  November 11, 2012, 01:19:37 am
Cool, he look great
#3  November 11, 2012, 01:57:39 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
first thing i noticed one of his intros the sound loops over and over for awhile killing my ears

his tractor beam attack that takes NO power does almost 500 damage itself wth?]

some of his animations are misalligned

some of his attacks look really awkward.

this char needs alot of work.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#4  November 11, 2012, 05:21:30 am
i actually liked this character before you edited it , you made it feel cheap , fix it up bro make it legit put the time in , i overwrited my ironpatriot file , does anyone know where i can get the original unfinished one?
#5  November 11, 2012, 10:22:10 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
#6  November 11, 2012, 03:36:14 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Needs a lot of work.

- Every single basic attack is misaligned.
- qcb+X and f+P throw produce misaligned hitsparks at the bottom of the screen.
- qcb+Y has wonrg hitsparks.
- qcb+C collision boxes = WTF!!!
- qcf+C damage = holy WTF!!!
- Small portrait is fucked up in game.
- qcb+z+c has no superpause, and the missiles at the end look really bad. You're supposed to use vels and angledraw to make them rotate as they move...
- Cannot chain into c.SP nor c.SK, so it's impossible to perform some very basic MVC style combos.

That's from 5 minutes of play-testing. :(
#7  November 12, 2012, 09:32:06 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
Needs a lot of work.

- Every single basic attack is misaligned.
- qcb+X and f+P throw produce misaligned hitsparks at the bottom of the screen.
- qcb+Y has wonrg hitsparks.
- qcb+C collision boxes = WTF!!!
- qcf+C damage = holy WTF!!!
- Small portrait is fucked up in game.
- qcb+z+c has no superpause, and the missiles at the end look really bad. You're supposed to use vels and angledraw to make them rotate as they move...
- Cannot chain into c.SP nor c.SK, so it's impossible to perform some very basic MVC style combos.

That's from 5 minutes of play-testing. :(

dang you broke this character down, im scared to download now.
mugen or nothin

#8  November 12, 2012, 10:41:27 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
This character is not 95% done, more like 50% to me. A lot of sprites are misaligned and no hitsounds are played on the special attacks. I think I'll just stick with the original before it was edited..
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#9  November 13, 2012, 12:52:08 am
dang you broke this character down, im scared to download now.

jaja, don't be scared, I just mistook a folder and posted an older version. but don't download it now, wait a few more days  i'll post an updated version.

Thanks for the feedback, all the bugs you posted here were fixed.
#10  November 13, 2012, 03:42:24 am
  • ANC
#11  November 13, 2012, 04:20:40 am
  • Q
He uploaded the wrong one, re-download for the updated version.
#12  November 13, 2012, 04:31:39 am
    • Puerto Rico
If you ask me this sounds kinda sketchy. Like how can you post a character that solidzero26 said it's feels more like 50% compelte not 95%?. With a lot of sprites are misaligned and no hitsounds are played on the special attacks how does that make sense saying you posted an outdated version?
#13  November 13, 2012, 07:52:33 am
If you ask me this sounds kinda sketchy. Like how can you post a character that solidzero26 said it's feels more like 50% compelte not 95%?. With a lot of sprites are misaligned and no hitsounds are played on the special attacks how does that make sense saying you posted an outdated version?

Well people make mistakes you know, all those thing you mentioned didn't show in the weight of a folder. I know is stupid but people make mistakes.

Ah btw. Iron Patriot was updated and this is the version I was talking about in the first post. Check it. Sorry again for the huge fail and enjoy
#14  November 13, 2012, 08:39:09 am
    • France
Well, gave another shot at him...

- Walk forward anim is too slow, making him "slide" on ground. Backward anim is fine, use its timing for fwd one.
- No jump, dash, superjump sounds.
- Missing FX, on things like super jump for example, or when landing.
- 8 powerbars ? Seriously ?
- Alignment is much better on basics, not pixel perfect, but much better. :)
- Width is too little, look at the yellow line with Ctrl+D, Ctrl+C, it should be at the middle of his feet.
- Make the laugh last less time please, it's getting on my nerves. :P
- qcf+A and qcf+B miss at very close range.
- qcf+B could go without the shadows on the FX.
- qcb+B and qcb+C are missing hitsounds.
- CLSN boxes for qcb+C are still ridiculously large. Especially since IronPatriot is invincible during the move.
- qcb+X should get an explosion sound.
- qcb+Y/Z have no beam/fireball sound.
- qcb+Y has no hitsound.
- You're mixing flashy hitsparks with flashy beams (that's fine) but also oldschool explosions, ground effects, etc. This looks bad. Harmonize your effects please.
- Ultimate Attack (qcf+2k) doesn't work with A+C.
- Ultimate Attack could also easily get an aerial version.
- In the CMD, to perform supers which are simple qcf/qcb, the command time is Time=40. That's too long. Set it to 15 or 20. They should have the same time as the special moves. Also, part of the moves are using the default command.time of 15. Just set the value to what you want and use it for ALL special/super moves.
- Ultra Dark Avengers looks really bad. Venom is misplaced at some point before throwing P2, wrong use of hitsparks (using old/default ones), lack of visual impact. Calling in Spiderman to perform an aerial webshot, then transform into Venom (HUH WHAT! Maybe that's a reference I don't know about, Venom helping IronPatriot in an "Avengers Assemble" move :S) is hardly impressive. Misplaced hitsparks on the beam, etc.

Better than the wrong version, obviously, but still needs LOTS of work.
#15  November 13, 2012, 09:00:40 am
Thanks for your feedback I really apreciate it, you are really meticulous, but you have to recognize many of those things are minimal errors, and have to recognize too that now is a decent char (not perfect but a enjoyable char).

FYI Iron patriot was the lider of the "Dark avengers" and venom was one of his teammates.
Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:08:06 am by iron-angelus
#16  November 13, 2012, 09:15:35 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
Cannot comment on technical... this character is better than my old iron patriot, style and game play is better than I expected (reading the comments kept me away from downloading) good job with this character. 
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#17  November 13, 2012, 11:17:34 am
    • France
Thanks for your feedback I really apreciate it, you are really meticulous, but you have to recognize many of those things are minimal errors, and have to recognize too that now is a decent char (not perfect but a enjoyable char).

FYI Iron patriot was the lider of the "Dark avengers" and venom was one of his teammates.
Many of them are indeed minimal, but this is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible. Sure, a missing hitsparks or sound is not going to change the gameplay, but it downgrades the experience to not have them, as it makes the character feel incomplete and the creator didn't not pay attention to details.

As for the gameplay, I've never been a huge fan of the template you're using. Chaining for specials to supers feels a little sluggish here.
#18  November 13, 2012, 01:11:18 pm

- Ultra Dark Avengers looks really bad. Venom is misplaced at some point before throwing P2, wrong use of hitsparks (using old/default ones), lack of visual impact. Calling in Spiderman to perform an aerial webshot, then transform into Venom (HUH WHAT! Maybe that's a reference I don't know about, Venom helping IronPatriot in an "Avengers Assemble" move :S) is hardly impressive. Misplaced hitsparks on the beam, etc.

Mac Gargan (Scorpion) became the new Venom and Osbourne regulated his symbiote control with drugs, calling him the Dark Avenger's "Spider-Man."  I understand critiquing his mistakes, but you're going out on a limb to bash the use of a character you evidently have never read about.  Were it not for the Venom assist, Hawkeye would've put an arrow through Iron Patriot's skull two months before the Siege of Asgard ever happened.
#19  November 13, 2012, 02:04:50 pm
    • France
Huh ? How am I "bashing a character I never read about" ? There's one line in my whole feedback criticizing the idea in the super, but I even backed it up by saying it probably comes from a reference I'm not aware of (sorry for only reading what comes to France, and not on a computer, but by actually buying them). Anyway, the idea being good or not, it doesn't change the fact the move lacks power in its visuals, that the hitsparks are wrong, Venom's positioning is bad, etc.

Sorry, this is not MugenMultiverse, CVG United, IMT or Scruffy, where you have to sugar coat everything to get your point through. I'm not even bashing, I'm just giving objective feedback about what is wrong or missing. The character has some potential, but it's lacking a whole lot of polishing to be considered close to completion.
#20  November 13, 2012, 02:21:37 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I laughed pretty hard. Wade shut up you need to learn what feedback is.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?