YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 1020377 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters
#201  February 13, 2014, 08:02:15 pm
  • i'm working on Mugen projects
    • France
He's trying to ask what the correlation between Dig Dug (a Namco property if memory serves) and Pokemon (a Nintendo property [which has already been represented in this game]). Maybe Pac-Man as he and Dig Dug are owned by Namco, but not Pokemon, seeing that Nintendo is being represented by Mario, Link, Luigi and Kirby.

I know. I tried to put a correlation between them. But seing that Simon has helpers that i don't really know if they are Konami's chars...
my mugen projects, EVE mugen, Nintedo and Megaman (classic and X) Mugens, IMT projects, Sonic Mugens

Extremmefan : The Rainbow Peacekeeper, Nintendo's Biggest Fan and MUGEN/RPG projects maker
#202  February 14, 2014, 12:02:05 am
  • New to mugen but first character was a hit.
    • Canada
    • theultimatebrawlmaster@gmail.com
He's trying to ask what the correlation between Dig Dug (a Namco property if memory serves) and Pokemon (a Nintendo property [which has already been represented in this game]). Maybe Pac-Man as he and Dig Dug are owned by Namco, but not Pokemon, seeing that Nintendo is being represented by Mario, Link, Luigi and Kirby.

I know. I tried to put a correlation between them. But seing that Simon has helpers that i don't really know if they are Konami's chars...

lets try to make some helpers here extremmefan so if pikachu wont work as a helper how about this

1st helper would be pooka and fygar: pooka and fygar is from dig dug so that means that they would be assists to dig dug their first attack would be that pooka comes in and hits the player their 2nd attack is that fygar comes and spits fire onto the opponent

2nd helper would be ryu hayabusa: ryu would be a helper cause he got that sword of his.much like link ryu's first attack would be he comes at the opponent and hits them with his sword.His 2nd attack would be that he throws a ninja blade at the foe

3rd and final helper would be mark and bert: mark and bert will be a helper.His first attack is that mark will come in and whack the opponent in the head with a baseball bat.The 2nd attack is that bert will come in and shoot while in the air at the end the pill will wear off and Bert reverts to mark and mark leaves

pretty decent helpers dont you think?you can take my word for it that these helpers might be good.So thats my helpers list for dig dug.
16 bit Sonic all the way for creating!
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:22:57 am by nesmaster
#203  February 14, 2014, 05:11:57 pm
    • France

lets try to make some helpers here extremmefan so if pikachu wont work as a helper how about this

1st helper would be pooka and fygar: pooka and fygar is from dig dug so that means that they would be assists to dig dug their first attack would be that pooka comes in and hits the player their 2nd attack is that fygar comes and spits fire onto the opponent

2nd helper would be ryu hayabusa: ryu would be a helper cause he got that sword of his.much like link ryu's first attack would be he comes at the opponent and hits them with his sword.His 2nd attack would be that he throws a ninja blade at the foe

3rd and final helper would be mark and bert: mark and bert will be a helper.His first attack is that mark will come in and whack the opponent in the head with a baseball bat.The 2nd attack is that bert will come in and shoot while in the air at the end the pill will wear off and Bert reverts to mark and mark leaves

pretty decent helpers dont you think?you can take my word for it that these helpers might be good.So thats my helpers list for dig dug.

Now THAT is a good reasoning. But one question remains: Where the f*** do Mark and Bert comes from?
my mugen projects, EVE mugen, Nintedo and Megaman (classic and X) Mugens, IMT projects, Sonic Mugens

Extremmefan : The Rainbow Peacekeeper, Nintendo's Biggest Fan and MUGEN/RPG projects maker
#204  February 14, 2014, 06:00:33 pm
    • Canada

Now THAT is a good reasoning. But one question remains: Where the f*** do Mark and Bert comes from?

mark and bert came from monster party and they are a protagonist
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:06:23 pm by nesmaster
#205  February 14, 2014, 06:01:37 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
@Updateaemon: Under Could Kateraka be a character?
I'm considering him, would be pretty interesting to animate to be honest.

@whatever the heck just happened in this topic

Ok, let me make this clear. If Dig Dug is getting any helpers, it was anything that was under Namco during the NES days. No Bomberman (Taito), no Pikachu (unknown publisher if you're going by the Pocket Mosnters bootleg), no Ryu Hayabasa (Tecmo) and no Mark & Bert (Bandai).
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
#206  February 14, 2014, 06:05:13 pm
    • France

Ok, let me make this clear. If Dig Dug is getting any helpers, it was anything that was under Namco during the NES days. No Bomberman (Taito), no Pikachu (unknown publisher if you're going by the Pocket Mosnters bootleg), no Ryu Hayabasa (Tecmo) and no Mark & Bert (Bandai).

NOW everything is clear. (I know that Bomberman can't be a helper but he can still be a character. If Pikachu is from a bootleg game, he will never come in this project).

#207  February 14, 2014, 06:13:06 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
The guy from Kung Fu's name is Thomas.
#208  February 14, 2014, 06:17:08 pm
    • France

#209  February 14, 2014, 06:19:43 pm
    • Canada

NOW everything is clear. (I know that Bomberman can't be a helper but he can still be a character. If Pikachu is from a bootleg game, he will never come in this project).

so we need 2 helpers from namco maybe pac man and galaga can be helpers and Thomas is not by the same publisher so no keiji Thomas
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:46:57 pm by nesmaster
#210  February 14, 2014, 06:29:31 pm
    • France

so we need 2 helpers from namco maybe pac man and galaga can be helpers and thomas is not by the same publisher so no keiji thomas

Good idea! But if Kid Niki gets in, Keiji Thomas could be his helper (Kid Niki Radical Ninja and Kung Fu were both published by Irem Corporation).

#211  February 14, 2014, 06:46:28 pm
    • Canada

so we need 2 helpers from namco maybe pac man and galaga can be helpers and thomas is not by the same publisher so no keiji thomas

Good idea! But if Kid Niki gets in, Keiji Thomas could be his helper (Kid Niki Radical Ninja and Kung Fu were both published by Irem Corporation).

good now were on a roll now all we need to do is to get dig dug his helpers and then we can get the dig dug character finally in famicom fighters

and from what i heard about kid niki maybe he can be a character and for keiji thomas he can be and assist to kid niki
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:53:49 pm by nesmaster
#212  February 14, 2014, 06:58:13 pm
    • USA
@Extremmefan: Bootleg game characters are allowed. The reason as to why I ruled out Pikachu is that given the Pocket Monsters bootleg game, it would be hard to do come up with helpers and moves for him since I'm only sticking with what's on the console and the publisher is unknown. This kind of leads me to rely on two other games that use a similar engine: Panda World and Super PoPo Adventure but both of these games involve the character from other media sources. A character like Rocman X or Somari would work because their publishers have already been made clear and they are responsible for a couple of other games. (Rocman X was published by Sachen and Somari has seen releases under Ge De Industry Co./Supertone and N.T./KaSheng) The only things I'm not allowing with bootleg games is using them as excuses to give moves or helpers to other characters (so let's say Haggar from Mighty Final Fight got in, don't expect him to use anything that was from World Heroes 2) and I'm not counting games that were straight-up hacks of licensed or unlicensed games (Pretty much every NES pirate featuring Sonic except World Heroes 2 is ruled out by this since they're existing hacks. EX: Sonic 3D Blast 5 is a hack of Somari. Also don't expect any of those Mario hacks that go above 3 to make an appearance anywhere)

...you are getting the right idea though with Kid Niki's helpers

@nesmaster: Those helpers could work but Galga is a ridiculously huge ship compared to a human...so sadly, that might be a no.
BGC Forums
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:08:24 pm by KingPepe2010
#213  February 14, 2014, 07:08:15 pm
    • Canada
@Extremmefan: Bootleg game characters are allowed. The reason as to why I ruled out Pikachu is that given the Pocket Monsters bootleg game, it would be hard to do come up with helpers and moves for him since I'm only sticking with what's on the console and the publisher is unknown. This kind of leads me to rely on two other games that use a similar engine: Panda World and Super PoPo Adventure but both of these games involve the character from other media sources. A character like Rocman X or Somari would work because their publishers have already been made clear and they are responsible for a couple of other games. (Rocman X was published by Sachen and Somari has seen releases under Ge De Industry Co./Supertone and N.T./KaSheng) The only things I'm not allowing with bootleg games is using them as excuses to give moves or helpers to other characters (so let's say Haggar from Mighty Final Fight got in, don't expect him to use anything that was from World Heroes 2) and I'm not counting games that were straight-up hacks of licensed or unlicensed games (Pretty much every NES pirate featuring Sonic is ruled out by this since they're existing hacks. EX: Sonic 3D Blast 5 is a hack of Somari. Also don't expect any of those Mario hacks that go above 3 to make an appearance anywhere)

...you are getting the right idea though with Kid Niki's helpers

@nesmaster: Those helpers could work but Galga is a ridiculously huge ship compared to a human...so sadly, that might be a no.

ok ok maybe galaga wont work as a helper or character so maybe mappy could be a helper
#214  February 14, 2014, 07:32:21 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
A question: Did I already mention Dr. Mario or Referee Mario being a attack or winpose or taunt somewhere?
#215  February 14, 2014, 08:29:50 pm
    • USA
@nesmaster: Yeah, Mappy would work better in that situation.

@Updateaemon: You already mentioned Dr. Mario but as a helper (which wouldn't happen). I'm not sure if I could fit them in. Closest thing I did was make a Dr. Mario palette for Mario.
BGC Forums
#216  February 14, 2014, 10:18:47 pm
    • Canada

@Updateaemon: You already mentioned Dr. Mario but as a helper (which wouldn't happen). I'm not sure if I could fit them in. Closest thing I did was make a Dr. Mario palette for Mario.

by the way kingpepe you can put up a screenshot on how the work is going so far.(if you want.)
#217  February 14, 2014, 10:22:18 pm
    • France

#218  February 14, 2014, 10:25:44 pm
    • Canada

by the way kingpepe you can put up a screenshot on how the work is going so far.(if you want.)

Damn, you're right! i didn't see that!.

i mean he did not put up a screenshot on how the work is going at all not one single screenshot on how the dig dug work is going.its crazy!!!
#219  February 14, 2014, 10:43:44 pm
    • France

Damn, you're right! i didn't see that!.

i mean he did not put up a screenshot on how the work is going at all not one single screenshot on how the dig dug work is going.its crazy!!!

I can understand that.

#220  February 14, 2014, 11:00:24 pm
    • USA
Eh, I hate to say it but I have nothing to show currently with Dig Dug because I'm still waiting on his sprites. I do apologize for this. ._.
BGC Forums