YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1303981 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#241  May 08, 2020, 08:35:13 pm
What a way to start this year. First of all, i almost got sick, but not affected by the corona. I'm all fine now and the rest too. Only a grandpa of mine has passed away of that. He may rest in peace. I'm now stuck with my homies to help together.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#242  May 16, 2020, 02:30:24 am
Trump is on a roll during this pandemic, lets see what he's up to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/g6lvi3/obama_still_no_coherent_national_coronavirus_plan/foapyuv/
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/therell-be-more-death-trump-says-urging-economic-reopening/
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/whistleblower-complaint-how-denial-cronyism-steered-trump-pandemic-response/

He's creating a monopoly on medical supplies and masks, he's ordering the FBI to seize any shipment of masks that didn't come from the companies that he supports.
He's also speed-running the reopening of the country, ignoring that the US has the highest infection and death rate and non nonchalantly saying "that there will be more death" as if that's okay.
He ignored early warnings from Rick Bright, a immunology expert who has been the head of BARDA for 4 year. Instead, he's trying to fund untested medicines that was developed by his friend. and when he's not doing that, he's encouraging the use of chloroquine for treatment, which was shown to be ineffective in treating the virus. Why is he doing that? for the sole reason of scoring a short-term political victory for his administration. Again. dismissing the fact that the US have the highest infection and death rate.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#243  May 16, 2020, 03:50:09 pm
trump has no power to begin with , he is just doing what he is told to do.

i'm surprised how the USA had responded on the outbreak and most 1st world countries,  i'm surprised my country is doing better than i expected , i've always thought when shit goes down we will result to looting and stealing and pointing fingers. turns out we could work together and respect the hierarchy of authority and the authorities especially local government officials doing their job and maintaining order without abusing their authority. 
but still some media groups still create scandals over situations that are easily understandable why it came to be and tries to stir conflict between the masses and government officials that aren't aligned to their agendas.

as of today our district is doing fine and we're in the final days of lockdown and will move to a looser quarantine rules.
Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:54:55 pm by 地獄の花
#244  May 16, 2020, 05:59:36 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
About Trump, I remember few weeks ago our (dumbass) president Piñera was happy saying that Trump contragulated him for the pandemic managing, when here now our levels of contagion are just like Europe and Brasil. Last night FINALLY the whole Santiago district was declared with quarentine, after 2 months of waiting... and that's because we got almost the 40.000 "confirmed" (and I say that since this govenment is expert to modify numbers as seen in other things like the 2019 October protests)

I don't know what to think about that SOAB we have for president, as well other left-wing presidents that suck ass with this matter, as Bolsonaro in Brazil and Trump in USA...

In other news, I've been self-reclused almost since the coronavirus started and rarely I got out to shop some vital stuff like food issues (like twice times the week). But some friends don't have the same luck and they'd to go to work anyway, two of them I'm more worried: one works for fedEx and the other in construction, and about the latter he got 2 infected coworkers and he started to going sick since wednesday, in my friends circle we're all worry about him since we think he could have COVID, and he thinks the same. I hope he got the examination soon to confirm (or deconfirm, I hope so)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#245  May 17, 2020, 05:46:47 am
  • all is love in fair and war
starting today in my town or the whole city district area the self distancing and regulation goes up a notch higher, all mall are closed, except for supermarket which only open until 9, citizen can not be on the street after 9, neighborhood gate are still closed with centralized entrance and monitored with temp detector, sanitizer and stuff, not much day to day control I don't know how well it would be followed but that's the rule

incoming muslim holiday is next week, what I hear they didn't cancel the mass gathering for praying etc. so far what I see mosque are still in full operation  the guy who make me leather jacket go to mosque every single day so I wear mask, and sanitize my hands whenever I visit there to try on the jacket in progress, churches and other religion worship places are closed we do online video,

since muslim is 90+ % of the population here, and lets say half of 90% are males and lets say half of the males go to mosque everyday 27% of the population congregate daily to worship I dunno how effective it would be, sure they should have temp gun and quick test or whatever who will follow that procedure in real world operation the building doesn't even have a door people are just rushing in from all directions, everyday at noon and twilight,
the right to worship and practicing own religion is protected by law, and government cant really force to close any acknowledged religious places of worship like mosque, temple or church, however most minor religions are self closing their operation to support the cause by doing online, apparently the single major religion don't follow the same idea.

so I guess new cases peak is still yet to come here in my country indonesia
#246  May 22, 2020, 02:33:51 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
I spent the larger parts of this year isolated at home for something unrelated to the coronavirus.
#247  May 26, 2020, 12:24:00 pm
#248  May 27, 2020, 02:01:55 pm
today I went out to go buy some brown sugar and snacks on specialty shop their parking was full, and so I parked a bit far, and peek the shop was stuffed with people, so I walked back to my car, but decided police station is close enough I would walk there to collect my paper of the car that should have been collected on february but corona was on the headline then and so I postponed till now, the office was closed too... so annoying, nothing went right, so I drove home, along the way I realized today business were all open, beauty clinique, hair salon, cafe, and all well attended, and what a busy traffic too, if not for the mask I would have thought I entered a different dimension where virus pandemic doesn't happen.

seems like our government is set on New Normal since the word is a current trending hype despite our condition here is still dubious, since the test is way too few to give real figure of the status, I don't know what makes them so confident, I live in small city, and the province capital nearby just had their highest peak of daily new case few days ago as 80% of the subjects tested showed positive, if the transportation between cities are all set to open, then I imagine our cases will rise too, maybe they just don't care anymore about local condition, since most other countries are starting up the we just do the same, decide economic pressure and popularity in the eyes of public as higher priority.
#249  June 08, 2020, 01:32:10 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Now that New Zealand has no confirmed cases, we'll be moving to Level 1 in about 30 minutes, which is basically normal life but with strict border controls.
#250  June 08, 2020, 01:53:50 pm
Yeah good for them, the chances of having undocumented cases after all that time is very slim.
Italy has actually reopened and is receiving tourist! New York (the most effected state of USA) is about to be reopened aswell.

I have no idea how can they think this is a good idea. In my country we've reopened (we have very few cases) but the heath minister warned that lockdown will come back if the daily cases rise above 10, which judging by the last guy who got infected a day ago while grocery shopping, is very likely to happen.
#251  June 10, 2020, 05:21:52 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Out where I live, the state has introduced a phased reopening plan in which the counties (there's 39 in all here) would keep an eye on key stats to lead the way forward.

Currently, there's only seven counties in the 3rd phase. This allows for libraries, museums and movie theaters to reopen; restaurants go from 50% capacity to 75%; bar areas are allowed to open at 25% capacity; sporting events can be held and people can now have gatherings of up to 50 people.

Most counties (including where I live, Cowlitz) are in the 2nd phase. This allows restaurants, hair salons, retail stores, and pet groomers to reopen; It also includes being able to have a gathering of up to 5 people.

There are a few counties (the hardest hit ones like King, where Seattle is) are in a 'modified' 1st phase (AKA Phase 1.5). This allows for some places to open.
#252  June 14, 2020, 09:27:11 am
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#253  June 17, 2020, 05:06:24 am
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
A few days later, we're nineth <.<
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549
#254  June 17, 2020, 06:07:43 am
    • Chile
That was a Chilean news website in english... but when a renowned site like Bloomberg says your country is f*cked up, then it's the real deal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-13/chile-s-health-minister-resigns-as-coronavirus-deaths-hit-record
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-16/once-a-covid-role-model-chile-now-among-the-world-s-worst-hit

Don't be as these assholes we got in government and entrepreneurship, stay at home and demand to your job bosses not to get out your houses and stay safe, don't be like Chile, please

Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:11:17 am by Basara Tiny
#255  June 18, 2020, 02:35:47 am
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
As a chilean myself, I can say that Basara is right
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549
#256  June 18, 2020, 04:15:35 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
#257  June 18, 2020, 11:58:23 am
in our country everything is reopen,
#stay at home
is over, there is a big chunk of population who really depend on day to day wage to get by.
sadly during the #stay at home period our official was too relax to monitor and people didn't have awareness or too stubborn to follow, so we are still on the climb, currently number one in south east asia, so not too good.
#258  June 18, 2020, 12:38:37 pm
China has been closed again. All schools and stores are closed too.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#259  June 18, 2020, 04:50:58 pm
i'm contemplating to go back home if 2nd wave comes. heard china and indonesia aren't doing so well right  now and if ever the 2nd wave do happen i'll have to close our shop again might as well be in our home island it's much safer there since it ain't crowded.

we've got lower death rate than we expected.  we were expecting numbers in the ten thousand but as of now we  have 1k deaths most of them are from the capital region where most populated area and a lot of the cases are asymptomatic. the southern islands are fairly safe most of them have strict border patrols , piers and local airports are all on red alert.

we don't have food shortages but we do have problems in logistics causing price hike. seems like this'll go on probably til 1st or 2nd quarter next year.
#260  June 19, 2020, 01:14:35 pm
yeah, not so good in Indonesia, our province East Java is the biggest contributor to that  :sbt: , yesterday 2 families nearby got infected.

only lately we have more rapid tests available, so I bet a huge number of infected people never get tested as long as their symptoms is mild, I have day maid coming twice a week to cook for me, she has been coughing since last month, I never get in the same room with her when she comes, more likely I lock myself in my room half day until she's gone, I yell thanks from my room and left the payment on the table  :sweatdrop:, the food goes straight to fridge, I only eat them the next day after I reheat them in microwave oven.