YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17349848 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2241  January 03, 2020, 03:17:37 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yeah, Vergil I seem to recall can track invisible foes in the BTAS crossover (Or maybe the STAS one?  One of the DCAU crossovers that's not Justice League stuff) by sensing their bio-energy life force typical aura stuff.  And as you said, Static has a hard counter to that move if it's electric-based.  And his stock spidey-sense hack being a weaker variant isn't doing him any favors.

I'm leaning Vergil this match.
#2242  January 20, 2020, 08:40:23 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Miles Edgeworth

Static Cling

Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:12:25 pm by Person Man
#2243  January 27, 2020, 09:15:01 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
its on

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

for next battle
#2244  January 28, 2020, 12:14:01 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:10:19 am by Seadragon77
#2245  January 29, 2020, 12:10:29 am
    • USA
The animation in this episode was a real step up.  Not sure how I feel about how... toothy the new looks for Wiz and Boomstick are, but they definitely were more expressive with a better range of motion.  The fight looked great, too.

Next up is the sequel to Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe that nobody wanted.  I know next to nothing about either of these characters, so I'm inclined to give the edge to the usual DC comics batshit bonkers power scaling.
#2246  January 29, 2020, 01:01:27 am
    • USA
As I said before, experience will be more then enough for Black Canary to win here. She's also a strong martial artist as well, which should be key here.

Sindel might have an advantage if they give her that Kwan Do she uses in MK11. That gives her an edge in reach, but that's all I can think of unless they give her the power boost from the souls in MK9. As I said before, I don't know if that's kosher.
#2247  January 29, 2020, 02:55:53 am
    • USA
Eh.  DB takes the characters at their strongest without temporary boosts applied.  The Shao Khan/Quan Chi boost was intended to last, which let her effortlessly take on all of Earthrealm's heroes at once and kill the lion's share of them before taken out by Nightwolf's kamikaze....but then it doesn't last as a revenant when directly serving Quan Chi.  Hard to tell which they'd pick, honestly, but if I had to pick they'll probably go with the powered up one from MK9 since it's also where she's most infamous from.

Black Canary is one of the most prominent secondary D.C. hero characters that I know of.  She exists, she's there helping, but never really ever anything monumental that I've read or seen.  At least through her super powers/combat skills.  But I also haven't actively sought out her feats before.  At most she should be comparable a fighter to Sonya's combat training, whom Sindel obliterated, and her super screech, while destructive, can be canceled by another's super voice.  Which Sindel has.

If they use the depowered Sindel then I won't be too shocked if Black Canary pulled a win from some ridiculous comic feat, but if not then I think you essentially got Canary fighting herself but thousands of years older, plus double magic buffs and has proven to easily beat a martial artist of her caliber easily.  Granted, like, 99% of that extended lifespan was spent in peacetime, so Canary might even have better combat experience, but still.

Anyways, so hey, the new episode was nice and all, but does it strike anyone else as odd the first match-up of the year between two kids not yet old enough to drink is sponsored by beer?
Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:05:15 am by Long John Killer
#2248  January 29, 2020, 06:57:35 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Black Canary is one of the most prominent secondary D.C. hero characters that I know of.  She exists, she's there helping, but never really ever anything monumental that I've read or seen.  At least through her super powers/combat skills.  But I also haven't actively sought out her feats before.  At most she should be comparable a fighter to Sonya's combat training, whom Sindel obliterated
I don't really know much about MK characters but even so, this seems like a wildly unfair comparison. Black Canary doesn't just have "combat training", like some basic soldier: she's one of the top martial artists in the DC universe, able to go toe-to-toe with heavyweights like Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain, and Batman (who she has bested in combat!). She's been trained by the absolute best, and is more than their equal. There's a reason why she's gone through long periods without any powers at all, and even still been a force to be reckoned with.

I'm sure all that magic bullshit will lead to Black Canary losing, but if this was just a hand to hand fight, I think one would be very hard pressed to argue against her coming out on top.
#2249  January 29, 2020, 07:06:22 am
    • USA
Well, a common unpopular reoccurance Death Battle has with MK characters is that the mini-games are canon to their feats of strength, which....is for the most part hardly comparable to what they actually do in the various stories, yet DB has all of them able to karate chop effortlessly through diamond and/or titanium.  So Canary does also have that going against her as well.
#2250  January 29, 2020, 09:09:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Black Canary is going to win because Comic Books are BS.
#2251  February 04, 2020, 12:01:26 am
    • USA
Canary Mary

Cinderella

Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:58:22 pm by Person Man
#2252  February 10, 2020, 10:04:15 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

#2253  February 10, 2020, 11:22:19 pm
    • USA
Jesus Christ those sprite edits.  Those are rough looking models for them.

Yeah, countering "One is so physically superior to the other that they can lightly tap them and atomize them" with "But the other one doesn't typically die fighting other people stronger than themselves, so it doesn't count" doesn't sound right to me.  When the physical difference is so impossibly vast to overcome like that, it's hard to imagine one's martial arts mastery being a bit beyond the other's helping, especially when Sindel's not exactly a novice herself.

That said, Sindel's physical superiority also bundles in that ridiculous Test Your Might mini-game throwaway that really shouldn't be included to begin with, so eh, whatever.

Next episode's cool.  I guess it's really only there to make up for Rangers losing all the time and TMNT winning all the time, though.  I can't imagine what Leonardo by himself without the usual TMNT tech would do against the Dinozord.
#2254  February 10, 2020, 11:42:26 pm
    • USA
I'm more impressed with the fact that they figured out how many decibels each scream had. 235 decibels is nothing to sneeze at, but when you have someone that bust out 300 decibels (AKA Krakatoa) on a consistent basis... yeah.

Oh, and I'm glad they didn't factor in the metric shit ton of souls she absorbed in MK9.

As for the next fight: It'll be the first time any of the Turtles have been in Death Battle since Season 1 (The Battle Royale, then the battle between Leo and Zitz). I'm hoping there is new weapons and info on Leo that can give him a chance against Jason.
#2255  February 10, 2020, 11:47:32 pm
    • USA
The physical difference being a key factor to them bugs me the more I think about it, because in one of their previous DBCs (Probably around Ganondorf vs Dracula) they mentioned how statistically, when putting heroes against villains, like Link vs Ganondorf and Simon vs Dracula, Link and Simon would lose 100% of the time in Death Battle.  Because of the physical superiority far exceeding any fighting talent or training.

Consistency on that would be nice, is all.
#2256  February 17, 2020, 07:32:04 pm
    • USA
Da Vinci

#2257  February 18, 2020, 12:59:29 am
    • USA
The physical difference being a key factor to them bugs me the more I think about it, because in one of their previous DBCs (Probably around Ganondorf vs Dracula) they mentioned how statistically, when putting heroes against villains, like Link vs Ganondorf and Simon vs Dracula, Link and Simon would lose 100% of the time in Death Battle.  Because of the physical superiority far exceeding any fighting talent or training.

Consistency on that would be nice, is all.

I understand where you're getting at here and they answered it on the last Death Battle Cast. They mentioned that speed tends to triumph over strength most of the time... You can't exactly hit her hard enough to kill her if she can react down to the nanosecond and counter.
#2258  February 20, 2020, 03:40:57 am
    • USA
Press X to Jason

#2259  February 24, 2020, 11:39:42 pm
    • USA
Episode's out:

Next battle is Genos vs War Machine.

Past Death Battle precedent says American comic book power scaling usually trumps flashy anime bullshit,  but One-Punch Man characters are in a league of their own when it comes to insane power levels so who knows.  My first instinct says that Genos' fully cybernetic body would give him the edge over War Machine's armor.  All he'd have to do is get  through the robot suit and get to the squishy regular guy meats inside.
#2260  February 25, 2020, 03:22:55 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Though Genos has a habit of getting wrecked.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.