The Mugen Fighters Guild
M.U.G.E.N Central => Your Releases, older Mugen => Topic started by: Loganir on January 04, 2014, 07:36:48 PM
Back from holidays... so I had spare time to finish something. I'm releasing a few stages today.
- PARADISE ISLAND RETURNS --- A new stage with many new features.
This is supposed to be the new home for the upcoming Wonder Woman update.
- HIPPOLYTA'S PALACE ---- a extra stage featuring the pre-New 52 despiction of the amazon Queen.
Due to mugen limitations I did try a trick to show floor reflections properly on this stage.
- HIGH VOLTAGE ----- a stage created with the collaboration of Verz36.
This is for our upcoming Electro update and features 2 ground levels, Parallax and cameos related to Electro from Marvel universe.
We put a lot of effort on this stage, and I hope you guys enjoy it.... by Verz36 and Loganir.
Also major update in a few of my other old custom stages, with new content sprite wise & codewise.
GAMMA BASE - ASGARD BIFROST - SHIELD HELICARRIER (day version).
There's also a new version for the SHIELD HELICARRIER INVASION (night version),
released first on the demo for the upcoming Nestor's Marvel vs Capcom UDB project
and now I'm making it avaliable for mugen with a few fixes too.
All stages can be downloaded from stages section on my blog:
Wonderfull, you are my favourite creator ever !!
Very nice! Downloading...
Off-Topic: If I may ask, how are the updates on Thor and Wonder Woman going?
nice man that minotaur on wonderwoman stages is awesome
In the works, but there's a lot yet to conclude for them... the plans are releasing both sometime later this year.
Thanx for the words guys!
Awesome stuff here, always good to see more from you, Loganir! I love the little "trick" you did with the carpet on Hyppolyta's Palace, pretty ingenious. The only thing I really noticed is that Minotaur sprite in Paradise Island looks to hi-res compared with the rest of the stage IMO, and could use some dithering.
Regardless, great work with the spritework and overall feel of these stages! Looking forward to She Hulk and your character updates!
Nice to see you back Loganir, nice releases!!!
Loganir...thanks for always putting out some excellent stuff that represents that love for oldschool 2D, specially that good old CPS2 era of vs games.
These stages are all great! I look forward to the new Thor and WW.
Happy New Year!
I really like your style, Loganir. Nice work.
Your Thor is just AWESOME!
I love this MUGEN surprises!!
Stuff from Loganir is always GENIUS!!
Obs: Shield Hellicarrier day is missing its .sff file!
SHIELD Helicarrier (day) doesn't have an sff in the .rar :(
the two dead guys in the Gamma Base stage are placed weirdly in relation to the other group of guards; it just seems odd to me that the three guards would not be freaking out because of the two dead dudes right next to them
I would recommend replacing the ` in "Hippolyta`s Palace" with a ', since ` doesn't appear in most MUGEN fonts.
The Amazonian on the left, why exactly is she banging her bracers together? It looks pretty weird and seems out of place.
She's probably getting riled up by all the fighting in the area. A Centaur kill with a brawl on the side can get an amazon's blood pumping.
Speaking of blood-pumping, looking forward to the She-Hulk release, she looks like a real powerhouse!
Thanks for the words man... Yes I agree that Minotaur could use some proper dither there, I'll get back to this later on WW update.
The big Amazon banging it's something like a celebration for the end of that battle in particular, a signature move from DC Amazons with bracelets.
About the guards I agree they look a bit static there lol. Maybe I'll replace them for something more dramatic later.
Thanks for the tip about mugen fonts... I'm changing it to appear correctly.
My bad about the Shield Helicarrier misssing sff...
The correct file it's reuploaded and avaliable now. Thanks for the words! :)
Awesome updates Loganir! Assumed I'd never comeback to downloading lowres stages again. But this changes that assumption. I'm predicting She-Hulk for best character of the year. Only if she makes it here before 2015.
The big Amazon banging it's something like a celebration for the end of that battle in particular, a signature move from DC Amazons with bracelets. Ah, gotcha. It could use a few edits to make it more clear, IMO.
Stages look nice from the pics. Gonna give them a try. Thanks for the share. On a side note, I like what I see with those She-Hulk pics. I'm feelin' that Fantastic 4 pal there. Lookin' forward to future releases from you.
Its a really nice treat seeing new stages released & updates by you Loganir, cheers
High Voltage - Electro Stage : I love this one, espeically since it's a transforming stage. :D
- During the 1st phase, the white guy shaking his hand (J. Jonah Jameson ?) : when his hand is in the cage, it's empty and open, when it's out of the cage, it looks like he's holding a brown thing. Looks odd.
- 2nd phase : the guards running in the BG have such a low X-vel it looks like they're sliding. Maybe you could make the X-vel higher, or slow down the anim ?
Shield Helicarrier Invasion :
- I'm not too fond of the perspective and sense of depth here. The plane that is parked on the left for example, seems really too small with respect to the players and how the floor perspective is.
Anyway, not sure there's much to do apart from moving things a little. Overall, still a very pretty stage.
Asgard Bifrost :
- I see there are 2 layers of stars. It looks unrealistic to me that when the camera moves, you can clearly see the stars having different deltas. Since they're little white pixels, this means they're very far away, so moving a little should have the stars moving with respect to the players. I understand it creates some impression of depth though, and realism is not a big deal anyway. Meh, whatever LOL. :P
Overall, very nice stages. I love the edits, and how creative you were with some things. For example, in the Hippolyta's Palace, the way you made the carpet and hide the transition with foreground elements is genius. :)
Hey Cybaster, always good hear from you man. :)
- High Voltage... yes that guy it's JJJ and his cigar (brown thing) , this anim are directly rips from a MSHvsSF stage... Dead or Alive show. In the sff sprites you can see the cigar still on his hand in sprites... but I get the problem here, that cage bar sprite covering the anim needs some tweak to show his hand properly or... removing his cigar. Agree about the guards running, gonna slow that anim a bit. Anyway I'll get back to this stage later on Electro release, since Verz still want add someone else in the mix.
- Shield Helicarrier... I came to the same conclusion when remaking the night version, to a point choosing between removing it completely or keep as is.
-Asgard... I see your point. Yes that was made to create some depth... but I'll disable one of the star layers to make it just like capcom's Thanos boss stage from MSH. But realistic speaking of it, all things on this stage are surreal LOL
Thanks for all comments guys! :)
very creative, amazing stuff ... thanks for sharing
Shield Helicarrier Invasion looks sweet playing around with 1.1 zoom.
Here's the settings I tried out:
mugenversion = 1.1
zoomin = 1
zoomout = .5
boundleft = -470
boundhigh = -210
boundlow = -10
Amazing Stage ! like always from Loganir.
So beautiful sprites :yippi: :yippi: :yippi:
All of these are amazing! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Much love, very well done.