YesNoOk

Final Fantasy XIII-2, Versus 13, and Agito(Type-0) announced! (Read 3070 times)

Started by DMK, January 18, 2011, 02:35:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2, Versus 13, and Agito(Type-0) announced!
#41  November 30, 2011, 02:08:38 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yarr, heard that the remakes for psp are good, ff1 and 2 too, never bought a psp though and i dislike handhelds in general..heard that psp emulation is getting better though ;)
#42  November 30, 2011, 05:43:14 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
If you want a free one play Epic Battle Fantasy 3. It's one of the best flash games I've ever played, and it's a turn-based RPG. If you want challenge, go for Epic difficulty (that grants a lot of boosts to enemies and increase damage to 60%). I always used that one everytime I start playing the game again. There's also a lot of jokes and references in the game that you'll probably enjoy, and the music is awesome. This is one of the best, that appears when you fight the final boss of each stage (except the end-game boss).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyA3JmdS0o

Oh, and be sure to grab the 0.8 version, not the 0.6 that is easier to find. Look at the bottom-left when you start the game to see which version you're using.

SNT

#43  December 01, 2011, 04:16:40 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#44  December 01, 2011, 05:36:40 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
How are they trolling?

SNT

#45  December 01, 2011, 06:55:07 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Joystiq thinks that an "International Version" automatically means a localization effort, when Final Fantasy games have a history of International editions not actually being released internationally.
#46  December 01, 2011, 09:18:32 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
lol @ Joystiq

seems someone wrote the article who isnt familiar with squarenix past
#47  December 01, 2011, 09:25:59 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The "International" is misleading, so I don't blame them. I mean, FFX had an International version, which was never released in USA (though in Europe they grabbed the International version to create their own version, not the normal one, so lucky us). Why would they use the word "International", then? The only International thing about the game is that they grab voices and other things from the English version and put it in the Japanese version (except, of course, the text, which is all in japanese).
#48  December 01, 2011, 11:26:40 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yarr that with sqarenix international versions goes back to FFVII

the us and pal versions had the ultima weapon bosses and some other additions

this us/pal version was later released in japan as the international ffvii because it had the stuff from the usa and pal versions

today the title is often misleading, yeah ..an article writer of a international known website with over 50000 visitors on one day should research such things though
#49  December 09, 2011, 05:11:59 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#50  December 09, 2011, 05:57:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yarr that with sqarenix international versions goes back to FFVII

the us and pal versions had the ultima weapon bosses and some other additions

this us/pal version was later released in japan as the international ffvii because it had the stuff from the usa and pal versions

today the title is often misleading, yeah ..an article writer of a international known website with over 50000 visitors on one day should research such things though

japanese people are very japanese-centric, so it makes a lot of sense , for them to think that the international version has stuff from the version that was released in countries other than japan is simple to understand.

it's like a pc game getting a ps2 version re-released (for the pc), because it adds stuff that was added to the ps2 version and nto present in the frist pc version.
#51  December 09, 2011, 07:25:31 pm
But that still implies there IS a version released internationally for Japan to get an "International" version with whatever the foreign editions got, though. It wouldn't make sense if they just made Type-0 and then made one more "International Edition" for Japan without an actual international release. Basically the article should still be correct.
... Beside, the article just says "they're working on an international version" and not quoting "release date for FFT-0 International Edition = blah", so they're the ones who called it "international version" to begin with, arguably because they heard it would be released outside Japan and therefore used the word "international", I suppose ? And in fact, Adriasang (the article they linked to) actually says "the game's staff is working on the overseas version of Type-0" and "it was a pretty safe bet that the game would see international release even with the poor state of the PSP market outside of Japan." So yeah, I'm thinking it's you guys who are looking too much into it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:29:17 pm by Byakko
#52  December 14, 2011, 08:31:57 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#53  December 15, 2011, 11:48:51 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ thats one sick song..wonder how it fits into the game
#54  December 15, 2011, 11:57:13 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/