YesNoOk

2XKO (League of Legends fighting game) (PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PC) (coming 2025) (Read 174503 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, August 11, 2019, 09:46:14 pm
Share this topic:
2XKO (League of Legends fighting game) (PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PC) (coming 2025)
New #1  August 11, 2019, 09:46:14 pm
    • Brazil
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1157365862707466240
Rod Breslau said:
Breaking: EVO founder and Riot employee Tom Cannon has confirmed the worst kept secret in gaming - Riot is officially working on a fighting game, the first game outside of League of Legends for Riot
Rod Breslau said:
"Fighting games deserve to be enjoyed by way more people. As big as things are, we think they have the potential to get bigger."

Tom and Tony Cannon, along with Seth Killian, have been working at Riot for the last three years, and soon we will get to see dreams come true

I know it seems early for that to have a topic, we don't even know the name of the game yet, but I'm legitimately surprised nobody is talking about this, and its been worked on for quite a while, which means that if it was officially announced, we may see news about this soon.

Its also worth noting that they also filed trademarks for something called "Legends of Runeterra", which could be the name of the fighting game. Runeterra is the name of the world in which League of Legends takes place, which means that both games could be related. (EDIT: Turns out the fighting game IS based on League of Legends, but its name is NOT Legends of Runeterra) Riot has been teasing a new game for a while now, and while they released a new mode for LoL called Teamfight Tactics, which plays very differently, they already confirmed this wasn't the new thing they were working on.

EDIT: Name reveal trailer
Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 06:29:58 pm by Macaulyn97
Re: Riot Games' Project L (no official name yet)
#2  October 16, 2019, 07:48:39 am
    • Brazil
During League of Legends' 10th Anniversary stream this tuesday, Riot Games finally revealed many games its been working on, including the first look on their fighting game, codenamed "Project L", the first one shown in this video:

This other picture also shows two other fighters:

Nov 2021 video with many news:

The only characters currently revealed are:

Ahri

Darius

Katarina

Jinx

Ekko

Illaoi

Yasuo
Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 06:29:00 pm by Macaulyn97
#3  October 17, 2019, 02:53:36 am
That is quite literally a glimpse
#4  October 17, 2019, 05:10:46 am
    • Brazil
#5  October 17, 2019, 08:32:29 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
A shooters and a fighting game from Riot based on League of Legends?

The small footage of the shooters looks like a Chinese Fortnite ripoff (haha I know it's still in development).

The fighting game screenshot doesn't look too shabby as well!
#6  October 17, 2019, 12:12:01 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
The animations look pretty good from what we could see so far.

Interested to see how this turns out.
#7  October 17, 2019, 12:33:24 pm
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
Well, this post has my attention to say the least. Although, I do feel that this game is going to receive a lot of negative backlash because only 4 of the like... what... 50+ characters are available. I mean sure, its obviously a very early project, but giving people the impression that "oh hey, a fighting game version of League, I hope my favorite character is in it" and then not seeing them, turns a lot of people sour. Its quite unfortunate, but it happens.
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#8  October 17, 2019, 11:31:56 pm
I believe people are used to seasons and updates which releases new characters by now to know the most fan faves will be there.
#9  October 18, 2019, 01:17:06 am
    • Brazil
Well, this post has my attention to say the least. Although, I do feel that this game is going to receive a lot of negative backlash because only 4 of the like... what... 50+ characters are available. I mean sure, its obviously a very early project, but giving people the impression that "oh hey, a fighting game version of League, I hope my favorite character is in it" and then not seeing them, turns a lot of people sour. Its quite unfortunate, but it happens.
145 characters, and they just revealed a trailer for another one (in the same stream they revealed those games, actually). So yeah, people should be aware that only less than a third of the original game's roster will make it into the fighting game.

I believe people are used to seasons and updates which releases new characters by now to know the most fan faves will be there.
Yeah, characters like Yasuo, Lux, Ezreal and Draven are almost guaranteed to show up.
#10  October 18, 2019, 01:27:56 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
145 characters, and they just revealed a trailer for another one (in the same stream they revealed those games, actually). So yeah, people should be aware that only less than a third of the original game's roster will make it into the fighting game.
you are being too optimistic, for all we know they'll make it a shitty game with over a hundred characters witha  bunch of practical clones, like some odl dragon ball games.
#11  October 18, 2019, 01:47:31 am
    • Brazil
you are being too optimistic, for all we know they'll make it a shitty game with over a hundred characters witha  bunch of practical clones, like some odl dragon ball games.
lol, even if they wanted it, League's characters are too distinct for that.
#12  April 16, 2021, 12:55:32 am
    • Brazil
It's been quite a while, but there are some important news, people are receiving invitations to playtest this game: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/mar/27/riot-project-league-test/

This happened before with Valorant and Legends of Runeterra, and it usually is followed by a closed or open beta, so we could have bigger news coming too (as well as leaks).
#13  April 21, 2021, 08:31:21 pm
    • Brazil
#14  October 02, 2021, 09:48:55 am
    • Brazil
#15  October 02, 2021, 03:40:25 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
my expectation about this game is 0 because I´ve never played any Moba game, but I've been looking forward since was announced becasue the IP is really big.
#16  October 03, 2021, 04:17:40 am
    • Brazil
I honestly have no idea what to expect myself. I know it is being made by the same creators as a cancelled fighting game that was fairly hype, which leads people to think the gameplay will be similar, and I play a lot of League, so it will be very interesting to me.
Re: Riot Games' Project L (League of Legends fighting game) (no official name yet)
#17  October 03, 2021, 05:14:56 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Rising Thunder may just be an unfinished tech demo, but it is fully playable and the small hobbyist community it has even maintains a launcher for netplay. I highly suggest everyone give it a look. Even though it has no real content outside of a few characters to play around with, it looks and plays very nice. It should give you some reassurance as to the quality of Project L.
Re: Riot Games' Project L (League of Legends fighting game) (no official name yet)
#18  November 21, 2021, 01:37:51 am
    • Brazil

Lots of news, including a new character, comments on mechanics and how online works.
Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:40:19 am by Macaulyn97
#19  March 07, 2022, 05:54:28 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
where I can find the splash art in high quality of league of legends ?
#20  August 01, 2022, 05:30:03 pm
    • Brazil

News and another character revealed.