YesNoOk

Random animations for practice. (Read 414413 times)

Started by Rabano, October 29, 2022, 12:22:34 am
Re: Random animations for practice.
#81  November 08, 2022, 03:48:20 am
    • Argentina

#82  November 08, 2022, 03:54:36 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#83  November 08, 2022, 04:22:01 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
And maybe a couple more in-betweens.
#84  November 08, 2022, 04:32:15 am
    • Argentina
The animation someone send me to try it out has that amount of frames, I assumed that's the right amount the attack has
#85  November 10, 2022, 03:38:10 am
    • Argentina
Wow honestly it looks way better, and dont worry, Im open for people to edit and improve my stuff.

Soooo... you said you didn't mind, right? Well, I wanted to mess with pixels again like old times and I made a lot of changes to King. I wanted to give him new gloves and hands (stolen from Joe Higashi).

11/10 Update:

Comparison:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:48:17 am by HadeS
#86  November 10, 2022, 04:05:32 am
    • Argentina
Wow honestly it looks way better, and dont worry, Im open for people to edit and improve my stuff.

Soooo... you said you didn't mind, right? Well, I wanted to mess with pixels again like old times and I made a lot of changes to King. I wanted to give him new gloves and hands (stolen from Joe Higashi).

Comparison:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ohh it turned out quite nice, good job!

and yes, you can share it on your devianart.

#87  November 12, 2022, 03:47:42 am
    • Argentina
Some progress with Feng, I deleted some frames that wheren't necessary.

Im also working in XIII Iori's moves in his CVS2 sprite, but that will be shown in the Sprite Sheet Expansion thread
#88  November 15, 2022, 06:21:26 pm
    • Argentina
more than a month ago I wanted to make a Street Fighter One Remake, and one of the characters I wanted to add was Zeku

The idea is on hiatus, except the character of Zeku, so I continued making his sprites while applying what Im learning about spritework

Im using Miyamoto96's Zeku as the overall base and Yajirushi's SNK Zeku as a base for some of his new moves
#89  November 16, 2022, 12:36:00 am
    • Argentina
also a quick anim, Stray from Final Fight 3:

and a MP/HP(? Punch:

#90  November 16, 2022, 12:36:34 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
also a quick anim, Stray from Final Fight 3:

and a MP/HP(? Punch:

1- This is awesome

2- This animation only lack a bit of "snap"

3- Making a full character with your "new improved" skills would be so good...
#91  November 16, 2022, 07:09:04 pm
    • Argentina

#92  November 17, 2022, 03:58:13 am
    • Argentina
You Know what?

Let see how long I can be working on him:

#93  November 17, 2022, 04:25:17 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Never knew about the character, but that's dope. All of your work is pretty dope.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#94  November 17, 2022, 08:54:01 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
The walk animations will need some work on upper body.

I don't have access to my usual softwares (so there is some glitches) but I did a fast edit with an extra frame (lazy edit)

I added some stretch to it.
If you need the extra frame I ca nsend it as well.

#95  November 17, 2022, 09:58:38 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

I don't have access to my usual softwares (so there is some glitches) but I did a fast edit with an extra frame (lazy edit)

your background is fucked.
#96  November 17, 2022, 10:06:06 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#97  November 18, 2022, 12:17:48 am
    • Argentina

Dont worry, I can see the differece, and yes, it looks good. when you aren't busy can you show me each sprite? so I can see with more detail what you do so I can apply it in the next animations.

Also yeah, I'll add some movement to the upper body of the walk animation, it was mostly to see if the important part, the legs, looks good (you can notice I used Charlie's legs as a base for it)
#98  November 18, 2022, 12:33:34 pm
    • Argentina
I changed his walking animation to make it looks more similar to his actual walking animation in Final Fight 3

#99  November 18, 2022, 03:54:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Dont worry, I can see the differece, and yes, it looks good. when you aren't busy can you show me each sprite? so I can see with more detail what you do so I can apply it in the next animations.

Also yeah, I'll add some movement to the upper body of the walk animation, it was mostly to see if the important part, the legs, looks good (you can notice I used Charlie's legs as a base for it)

Thanks for noticing it and not just juging the glitches
Sur, I'll give you the extra frame when I can.

About the new walk it's way better.

Just keep in mind FF2 and FF3 tends to have very simplfied animations for their bosses. (for memory reasons I suppose)
So you might have to give them a bit of life.
Even if I'm not 100% ok with the final result, and this to be an old reference, it's still very interesting for what is missing for your sprites sometimes.
http://petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/chapter10.htm

For the UPPER boddy movement of your new walk, you have to "synchronize" them with each time the whole body goes up or down.
Have a look at Birdie in SFA series can be a reference similar to yours.

And if you want to feel what I mean about upper body elements going up and down (arms, shoulders, etc.) you han have a look at Sakura's walk animation in SFA series. Good way to understand it.

EDIT : I checked more your sprite and the source character from FF3.
The upgrade and redisign are really good! You absolutely nailed it. (and his Shadowloo CRI redisegn was cool as a base)
I would have perhaps gave him a more "rough" face, but I more and more feel like it would definitely be great to make him a real character.

My "question" is I wonder if you have used any other pose base for this punch attack ? (Akuma perhaps ? even if it's different or Dudley?)
Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 04:04:53 pm by Momotaro
#100  November 18, 2022, 05:25:12 pm
    • Argentina

Thanks for noticing it and not just juging the glitches
Sur, I'll give you the extra frame when I can.

About the new walk it's way better.

Just keep in mind FF2 and FF3 tends to have very simplfied animations for their bosses. (for memory reasons I suppose)
So you might have to give them a bit of life.
Even if I'm not 100% ok with the final result, and this to be an old reference, it's still very interesting for what is missing for your sprites sometimes.
http://petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/chapter10.htm

For the UPPER boddy movement of your new walk, you have to "synchronize" them with each time the whole body goes up or down.
Have a look at Birdie in SFA series can be a reference similar to yours.

And if you want to feel what I mean about upper body elements going up and down (arms, shoulders, etc.) you han have a look at Sakura's walk animation in SFA series. Good way to understand it.

EDIT : I checked more your sprite and the source character from FF3.
The upgrade and redisign are really good! You absolutely nailed it. (and his Shadowloo CRI redisegn was cool as a base)
I would have perhaps gave him a more "rough" face, but I more and more feel like it would definitely be great to make him a real character.

My "question" is I wonder if you have used any other pose base for this punch attack ? (Akuma perhaps ? even if it's different or Dudley?)

Thanks you for the help, that post will help me with his Idle animation, wich funny enough its the hardest thing to me to make.

also, I used one of his attacks animations from FF3 to make that punch animation, the only thing I used as a base was his legs, wich are Guile's.

and I'll see if I can give him a more rough face, at the moment Im not so good at making faces, but I'll look for something as a base, maybe Adon?

and the only thing I picked from his CRI redisegn was the lack of sleeves, just because it makes more contrast from the arms to the torso