YesNoOk

Soulcalibur VI (Read 215404 times)

Started by Titiln, December 08, 2017, 03:55:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Soulcalibur VI
#101  April 13, 2018, 01:39:43 pm
The first Soul Edge ended with Taki and Sophitia killing the first Soul Edge who was possessing Cervantes, then Siegfried walked in on the remaining sword, grabbed it and got possessed.

Edit - speaking of which, I'm also surprised they added I'm here since they do have him also physically under Nightmare's armor that can be broken off, but since they're adding him then I'm also disappointed that they aren't giving him his short hair back (from the first Soul Edge).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:18:35 pm by Byakko
#102  April 13, 2018, 02:39:39 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Huh wow, I wasn't sure if he'd make it in cause of the setting.
Wasn't he and Nightmare supposed to be one and the same during the time this game takes place?

Maybe he is similar in that regard to Jin and Devil Jin, in which both are treated as separated characters even if both are one and the same.
#103  April 13, 2018, 03:39:43 pm
Only for gameplay. Devil Jin is an entity that we know is lurking around and might take over regular Jin at any time of the day if he gets in a bad mood or step in dog poo or something. But for Siegfried, we know he's basically sealed inside Nightmare and he's not supposed to come out at all. He's not supposed to walk around as Siegfried. Cervantes was a bad guy before going full Soul Edge then got killed and fully transformed with no hope of recovering - and then Soul Edge was killed and Cervantes came back in zombie mode.
Unless they come up with a brand new story justification that will negate the other games (if he can recover his original self at random without Soul Caliber or any purification / exorcism / whatever), this is probably like a dream match, it doesn't canonical happen but they just wanted to have him as a separate playable spot in the roster just because.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:43:11 pm by Byakko
#104  April 13, 2018, 03:45:31 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
siegfried's voice sounds different compared to the previous game
#105  April 13, 2018, 04:01:35 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I got to be honest. This is the first time in the Soul series that I've ever thought Siegfried looks really cool, and fun to play as.
He seems more distant from Nightmare, gameplay wise. Kinda like Kazuya to Jin by now. Instead of ol Akuma & Ryu similarities.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#106  April 13, 2018, 05:31:00 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
He's not supposed to walk around as Siegfried.
Unless they come up with a brand new story justification that will negate the other games (if he can recover his original self at random without Soul Caliber or any purification / exorcism / whatever), this is probably like a dream match, it doesn't canonical happen but they just wanted to have him as a separate playable spot in the roster just because.

In canon while using Siegfried as a host, the Nightmare persona would only move to action while Siegfried slept. Once Siegfried truly woke up, he would always be surrounded by corpses, thus making him vow to never sleep again. It never worked for too long though, as Siegfried would always eventually fall asleep and Nightmare would always go back on the hunt.

I actually think that's where Nightmare's namesake comes from. Don't quote me on that last bit, though.

With that having been said, if they do go with that and have this game take place during the timelines of SoulCaliburs 1-3, and include Soul Edge as well, that would easily explain why Nightmare is using Siegfried as a host body while Siegfried is also playable in the game.
#107  April 13, 2018, 05:41:06 pm
In canon while using Siegfried as a host, the Nightmare persona would only move to action while Siegfried slept. Once Siegfried truly woke up, he would always be surrounded by corpses, thus making him vow to never sleep again. It never worked for too long though, as Siegfried would always eventually fall asleep and Nightmare would always go back on the hunt.
Oh, really ? I thought he was always in nightmare mode. I remember his Soul Edge ending (I think it was as "Siegfried!" back then which was basically Nightmare) showing him in broad daylight walking over to the edge of a cliff overlooking some village, implying he was about to trash it. I don't remember any particular mention that he was able to suppress it while awake, but I'm okay with that.
It's just that I remember Soul Calibur justifying his absence with him being Nightmare, and they only brought him back in SC2 when he broke free of it.

Edit -
Well fuck me, I just Youtube'd it and I mixed up the two endings. Regular Siegfried gets possessed and threatens a town while in night time, then Siegfried! (Nightmare) breaks free and destroys Soul Edge then watches over a town in day time.
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 05:50:34 pm by Byakko
#108  April 13, 2018, 06:12:06 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, I guess he'll appear in between 2 and 3 story wise, unless they give us soul edge outfits for the original cast. This really is a retcon of V or at least fixing some things so the story doesn't go that way in the future. Aside from the story and Sophitia's children, I did enjoy a lot of other things the game had...also about the young newcomers, if Mitsurugi can fight, then so can the others. Maybe this retread is for the best of the series.
#109  April 13, 2018, 08:02:07 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
On the topic of the newcomers, I've said this before to my friends and on the SoulCalibur subreddit, and I'll say it here: I honestly want to see Patroklos in the game, but in fighting style only. Like, dump the character entirely and bring him back as a Create-A-Soul exclusive or something.

A lot of people may dislike the character himself, but I personally see no reason why a familiar, yet unique and honestly kind of fun weapon style should essentially go to waste.
#110  April 13, 2018, 08:18:28 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Now that I think about it, his style with soul calibur was fun to play with. It was careful, but powerful when used right.
#111  April 13, 2018, 10:21:28 pm
He's not supposed to walk around as Siegfried.

yaa, pretty much what I had in mind, but this is also a reboot, and retcon stuff may as well be a thing.

siegfried's voice sounds different compared to the previous game

Isn't that Kirk Thornton who is voicing him ? The same guy who voiced Xiahou Dun in Dynasty Warriors 4-8
#112  May 01, 2018, 03:07:00 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Ninja girl's in.
#113  May 01, 2018, 04:28:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
whoever was the genious who thought  about adding kanji to her outfit, thanks! it's something I would only expect of fgo.
#114  May 01, 2018, 07:05:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That is expected. Taki was there for the original.
#115  May 18, 2018, 12:53:43 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA

Yoshimitsu is back!
#116  May 18, 2018, 01:44:35 pm
Wow, he's back to having a reasonable head design.
#117  May 18, 2018, 04:09:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
based on fgo shuten, no doubt.
#118  May 19, 2018, 02:02:38 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
One of the better Yoshimitsu designs, that's for sure.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#119  May 19, 2018, 11:52:52 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
He seems to have diverged pretty hard from SC1 Yoshimitsu. Interesting.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#120  June 01, 2018, 12:49:40 am
Maxi?