Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#961  February 27, 2015, 07:35:16 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#962  February 27, 2015, 07:45:42 am
there's a big language barrier between you and us, try to be as simple as you can.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#963  February 27, 2015, 08:19:16 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Just avoid fluff in general, unless the thread is for that.

Yeah...bet I know now for sure^^

Oh that overreaction over one truthful comment? Your random usage of caps or how you tend to reply to absolutely everything in certain threads and then random posts is something people have been pointing out but hey uh, fuck you too?
Serious reply: You're free to post just the gif (Even though everyone and their mother already saw the trailer) but people are also free to point out how you're posting something random without context? Saying "This grab looks cool" to make things less awkward or whatever would've prevented this.

Maybe if you wasn't such a spaz yourself calling people names as you like to do maybe you wouldn't get those kinds of replies? hello? Youre not a gate keeper here. Usage of caps? wtf are talking about? Random posts? yeah nothing to do with said threads? where? people complaining? really? who are they? sounds like a TON of people. hit me in the inbox and we can chat all this up and air it out.

Anyway move on with the Street Fighter V topic please. Im not going to reply to another comment on this. just hit my inbox. other than that ill ignore it
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:42:03 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#964  February 27, 2015, 08:46:18 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Is there some sort of confirmation that V happens before IV? I don't recall seeing anything anywhere and if this does happen after III, wouldn't that debunk a load of theories?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#965  February 27, 2015, 08:57:52 am
  • Welcome to die!
    • USA
    • Skype - thepaniqd
no real confirmation on chronology that i've seen. its all speculation at this point.
#966  February 27, 2015, 10:11:36 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Spoiler: rant about Street Fighter 5 roster (click to see content)

Now don't get me wrong. Rival School characters might happen in SF5 (but highly unlikely, because Capcom doesn't care for Rival Schools anymore), but only as guest characters.
Predictabo, though, wanted them as REGULAR characters, just like how he wanted Geese to appear in Street Fighter 5 (and that makes NO sense at all, even as a guest appearance, unless it's CvS3).
However, I don't want to continue this farce anymore, so let's talk about a different part of Street Fighter 5 instead: The Stages.
So far, we only got to see one single stage, and that's miserable, even for Capcom standards.
What about other stages? How will THEY look like? What exactly will they be?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:18:34 am by Trinitronity
Look at the spaz reply like a spaz. Whata spaz. Uh shut up spaz.
#967  February 27, 2015, 10:17:08 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Abel remembers Charlie and Guile is still looking for Charlie, I'm sure that's enough to confirm that this game takes place after IV? As of now people assume this takes place before III because of what has been implied so far and that's how Capcom seems to work lately (Plus Bison isn't around during SFIII, unless that gets retconned by Capcom)
And I was right about the whole right issue. http://www.destructoid.com/no-rival-schools-on-psn-now-no-rival-schools-on-psn-ever-157369.phtml
Then again... Svensson..
#968  February 27, 2015, 10:20:42 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I feel like at the very least this takes place before 3. I feel like this is going to be the introduction of the Illuminati as shown by the glowing gem on Charlie's head. Kind of excited (Urien please)

But are there truly grown men in this world?!

lui

#969  February 27, 2015, 10:29:48 am
    • USA
Spoiler: rant about Street Fighter 5 roster (click to see content)

Now don't get me wrong. Rival School characters might happen in SF5 (but highly unlikely, because Capcom doesn't care for Rival Schools anymore), but only as guest characters.
Predictabo, though, wanted them as REGULAR characters, just like how he wanted Geese to appear in Street Fighter 5 (and that makes NO sense at all, even as a guest appearance, unless it's CvS3).
However, I don't want to continue this farce anymore, so let's talk about a different part of Street Fighter 5 instead: The Stages.
So far, we only got to see one single stage, and that's miserable, even for Capcom standards.
What about other stages? How will THEY look like? What exactly will they be?

i feel like you are overreacting to this WAY too much. Predictabo was just saying what he wants to see, you don't have to make a a whole blog post about it.

On topic: I believe that it either takes place RIGHT before III or after it, you can tell by the look of Ryu. He looks a bit more gruff and older, his gi tattered and dirty and his face and physique resembles the look found on the 3rd Strike artworks.
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:32:54 am by luisdude1
#970  February 27, 2015, 11:43:17 am
Final Fight is officially part of the Street Fighter Universe, while Rival Schools isn't (again, Sakura was just a guest character).
The chairperson ("iincho") learned saikyou from Dan (by mail lessons). It IS part of the same universe, they just tried to not make it too obvious to avoid difficult questions on canonicity.

It's easy to guess 5 takes place before 3, Dictator is here and 3 was supposed to have simply moved on and abandoned Shadaloo, implying it was finished. From there, it's an easy guess that 5 will bridge both plot lines.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#971  February 27, 2015, 02:08:24 pm
that and there's a speculation that ran hibiki is actually related to dan. sakura is the long lost friend of wakaba and natsu.

so sfv could be chronologically sf 2.5, it might tell us what happened to vega/dictator before sf3. and this might be vegaxryu showdown rose is talking about in the zero/sfiv.
#972  February 27, 2015, 02:20:20 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
I must say these stages belong to SF4... graphic wise this looks outdated already, just my 2c
#973  February 27, 2015, 02:25:02 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
you know that capcom already used the Genocide cutter before right

its one of vergil's movesets since DMC 3

I must say these stages belong to SF4... graphic wise this looks outdated already, just my 2c

its UE 4, a few tweaks and the stage will look new

off: update those textures someday navetsea, Caliente and Seven misses you there with the "best and realistic textures ever created" since nuska told everyone to fuck off in a SJW mode
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:28:33 pm by ShadowArm
#974  February 27, 2015, 02:28:25 pm
that and there's a speculation that ran hibiki is actually related to dan. sakura is the long lost friend of wakaba and natsu.
But that's speculation, and only because they have the same last name. In Japan, it's not that rare. It's just a wink in this case. But for iincho having learned Saikyou from Dan, I'm pretty sure this is actually in her official background.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#975  February 27, 2015, 02:30:55 pm
On top of appearing outdated, it looks potentially distracting.

It's only one stage in a game that's far from done, but hopefully they do much better with the stage design going forward.
#976  February 27, 2015, 03:02:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

But that's speculation, and only because they have the same last name. In Japan, it's not that rare. It's just a wink in this case. But for iincho having learned Saikyou from Dan, I'm pretty sure this is actually in her official background.

There is also Hinata.
She learnt how to do the burning shoryuken via correspondence with a blonde haired fighter ( heavily hinted to be ken masters in the story mode )

there were also other nods here and there as well as the shotoken fighting style being avaliable in the make a student mode.

While theres a lot of powercreep in there , the series isnt really all that different theme wise from sf or final fight, just more focused on youth.

It had some kickass designs, I wouldnt mind having Daigo and Raizo , even Hideo in the sf universe. ( I can live without the gimmicky fighters, even if Roberto was my main )
#977  February 27, 2015, 03:18:26 pm

that's what i said.

akira/daigo/kyoko is on my wishlist if ever they want to add a rival school character.
#978  February 27, 2015, 04:17:08 pm
Is there some sort of confirmation that V happens before IV? I don't recall seeing anything anywhere and if this does happen after III, wouldn't that debunk a load of theories?

I don't see why is important to know if this happends before or after Street Fighter III. Seems that after Street Fighter Alpha series, CAPCOM just give a S#it about story or character development and now storyline is so messed up, that fixing it to make it consistent would require to much creativity, and I don't think they have it, at least for a plot. I mean to make the story congruent with Street Fighter III they would have to remove Ibuki, Yun, Yang, Elena and say that their apparition in SF IV wasn't Canon.  Also they will have to make an excuse for  Sakura being still in highschool in SF IV even when she is a bit older than Cammy.
Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:56:05 am by Saizo Hattori
#979  February 27, 2015, 04:20:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Where do they say Ibuki, Yun, Yang, etc are canon though?
#980  February 27, 2015, 04:24:09 pm
Maybe, just maybe, the story is still fine but sometimes they want to add characters regardless of their age and time frame and just consider those a dream match, while still making a story that fits ! But no, this concept is much too hard to grasp for those who just want to say Capcom doesn't give a shit as if it was a bad thing and everything needed to be meticulously timed.