Developer: Warner Bros Montreal
Release date: 2021
Platform: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PC
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GothamKnights
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/r3dakt3d/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4okSAn5HX0krz5daiaa6Yg
Discord: https://discord.com/invite/GothamKnights

Synopsis
Batman is dead. A new expansive, criminal underworld has swept the streets of Gotham City. It is now up to the Batman Family; Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin; to protect Gotham, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops, and fear to its criminals. From solving mysteries that connect the darkest chapters in the city’s history to defeating notorious villains in epic confrontations, you must evolve into the new Dark Knight and save the streets from descent into chaos.

Gotham Knights is an open-world, action RPG set in the most dynamic and interactive Gotham City yet. In either solo-play or with one other hero, patrol Gotham’s five distinct boroughs and drop in on criminal activity wherever you find it.

Your legacy begins now. step into the knight.

Reveal Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

Wallpapers
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: Gotham Knights
#2  August 23, 2020, 07:28:44 pm
it looks cool and all but why did they shrink my boy tim drake into his 17 years old self? he was a badass back in knight:
clean shaven haircut as to not get grapped by the hair, shredded as fuck as to not get over powered and not to mention his jawline that can break your fist should you try to punch it.
now he looks like a metrosexual tiktoker.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3  August 23, 2020, 08:07:46 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
The game was already comfirmed to not be set in the Arkham-verse. Its doing its own thing.
Which is why Jason doesn't have the J branded on his face.
It's using the base game mechanics, but that's about it.
#4  August 23, 2020, 09:52:32 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I really like the look of it. I've not kept up with the lore for years, but it looks like more of the Arkham City game, and I'm so down for that.
#5  August 24, 2020, 04:05:56 am
    • Brazil
The game was already comfirmed to not be set in the Arkham-verse. Its doing its own thing.
By whom? Batman died in an explosion, just like in the end of Arkham Knight, there are Harley Quinn thugs, which makes sense if the Joker of this universe is dead, like in the Arkhamverse, so, honestly, saying that this isn't Arkhamverse is completely stupid, even if whoever said it is from the development team.
#6  August 24, 2020, 06:53:40 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
The developers themselves have said so in many interviews and tweets.
And why would it be stupid if its not in the Arkhamverse?
I think its better if it has no connection to it, means they can do their own thing.
#7  August 24, 2020, 07:00:03 am
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
But they're not doing their own thing. If they wanted to do something different set in another universe they wouldn't have done something that fits perfectly in the Arkhamverse. And then, they say that Suicide Squad IS set in the Arkhamverse but they changed character designs for no reason, messing up the continuity.

It's just weird.
#8  August 24, 2020, 08:02:18 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Why is it so hard for everyone to accept that this game is not set in the Arkhamverse? The devs have stated that multiple times already.
Ya'll just being like the twitter flock...
Suicide Squad is set in arkhamverse coz its being made by the main arkham team at rocksteady.
WB Montreal only worked on Origins, which many dont even consider part of the arkham series.

The only thing that people seem to keep harping on is coz the similarity in batmans death, and not bothering to look up the rest of the arkham lore.
If this game was set after AK, why is Tim younger? Why is Jim dead? After AK Jim became mayor, and Tim married Barbara, but in that video Batman clearly says Jim was dead already, and that video was clearly recorded in advance for a situation where Batman may be killed.

But at this point I feel its a lost cause arguing this point, already wasted hours doing that in the discord.
So you guys believe what you want I guess.
#9  August 24, 2020, 08:10:01 am
to be honest, i don't know how they could continue the storyline after knight, because the ending of that game left alot of messy loose ends that they have to re connect, some of which are:

1) batman was outed as bruce wayne, they need to somehow establish how the police didn't investigate into him further and discover the identities of his gang of associates (robin, nightwing and batgirl) through the process of elimination.

2) barbra (bat girl) was paralayzed in knight, they need to explain how she's able to walk again.

3) mr freeze (presumably but very likely) died with his wife in knight.

4) jason todd was the fucking arkham knight! him and scarecrow fucked gotham up with that poison gas and was one of the reasons batman's identity was discovered! how can a character with magnitude of damage possibly be redeemed? and how can the bat gang trust working with him again? i know knight had a dlc of him set after the events of knight, but in that dlc he was alone and i don't necessarily agree with the idea that he became a good guy.

its not easy to tie those up, so i understand why they had scrap the continuity on that timeline.
#10  August 24, 2020, 08:22:12 am
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
Why is it so hard for everyone to accept that this game is not set in the Arkhamverse? The devs have stated that multiple times already.
Ya'll just being like the twitter flock...
Suicide Squad is set in arkhamverse coz its being made by the main arkham team at rocksteady.
WB Montreal only worked on Origins, which many dont even consider part of the arkham series.

The only thing that people seem to keep harping on is coz the similarity in batmans death, and not bothering to look up the rest of the arkham lore.
If this game was set after AK, why is Tim younger? Why is Jim dead? After AK Jim became mayor, and Tim married Barbara, but in that video Batman clearly says Jim was dead already, and that video was clearly recorded in advance for a situation where Batman may be killed.

But at this point I feel its a lost cause arguing this point, already wasted hours doing that in the discord.
So you guys believe what you want I guess.

I'm not trying to argue that Gotham Knights is set in the Arkhamverse. There's no point in doing that if the devs said it is not.

What I'm saying is that both teams made a lot of weird and confusing decisions for these games.
Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 08:25:30 am by -AngelZX
#11  August 25, 2020, 06:56:09 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I assume they're going with an intentional similarity to Arkham Knight's dumbass Batman dying (or did he?!?!?!) so they can have people think it's an Arkham sequel while also being free to do whatever they want and not have to deal with trying to make a sequel to that terrible fucking game. Good fucking riddance. None of those games had good stories but Knight's was just so bad that it ruined the whole fucking series.

Which is why this one seems like it has a lot of potential; it's basically a continuation of the Arkham series gameplay (probably) but completely free from the gravity of the Arkham series's 4 games worth of absolute shit narratives, and it focuses only on the Batman family and they can't even have a sociopathic asshole Batman as a side character if they wanted to, cuz he's dead! They're even using Tim Drake as Robin, instead of pretending he doesn't exist and making everything revolve around Damian!

just please don't let it be games-as-a-service shit please
#12  August 25, 2020, 07:53:06 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
This looks interesting. I'm personally happy that they didn't make another "Before Arkham Asylum" prequel, as someone who didn't liked how the Batfamily was used in the arkham series them having they own game feels great.

Looking foward for more news and praying isn't a "GAAS" Game.
#13  August 28, 2020, 05:21:17 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Personally, it doesn't bother me that these games (Gotham Knights & Suicide Squad KTJL) have or do not have direct or indirect continuity with the Arkhamverse games. They are only commercial, and to a lesser extent, artistic decisions of the developers to differentiate or stick from previous successes.

What I love that these projects come true. Who is not excited to fight the Court of Owls as Gotham's new threat. And that one of his most ruthless Talons turns out to be a seemingly brainwashed missing Bruce Wayne ...
 :batman:
#14  October 16, 2022, 01:51:17 pm
A newish trailer came out for this game 4 days ago:

#15  October 16, 2022, 03:35:24 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIXJAqs9dG4[/youtube]

Well, here it is, moment we awaited days ago. But unfortunately, this game does not have current-gen consoles like PS4 and Xbox One at all, since it's service.
#16  October 17, 2022, 07:36:29 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIXJAqs9dG4[/youtube]

The final boss of the game actually got leaked via the official artbook
Spoiler : Final Boss
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-