YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17355418 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#141  July 02, 2015, 04:42:00 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Because it's a universe destroying bubble gum who makes black holes into child's play.  And their basis on Kirby's strength is like putting Bugs Bunny to Superman.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Basically, I seem to wonder a lot why they never go for the simplest, fastest kill.  Yet would likely get annoyed when their fights are too short. :P
#142  July 02, 2015, 04:48:15 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Damn Doom owned Vader. That was hella tight.

Also, does anyone know who made those sweet Darth Vader sprites? I got a serious ArcSys vibe from them.

Also, again with Goku v. Superman??
This is a generic forum signature.
#143  July 02, 2015, 05:07:29 am
    • USA
It's Dan Hollandsworth's Vader.  It's rather incomplete, but done well enough for this episode it seems.

You know, with a new DBZ series not yet out, and the latest movie only just out recently, it seems kinda odd to have Goku in anything until further information comes out.  I thought that was a big deal for them on why they wouldn't touch Naruto or One Piece until they were done with what they were doing currently.

Spoiler: Besides, I got a better idea (click to see content)
#144  July 02, 2015, 05:11:13 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I know they have Unicron vs. Galactus planned... I want that instead of the so-called 'Rematch of the Century'. Everyone knows that the sequel can never top the original.
#145  July 02, 2015, 05:23:13 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Meh to the last one.  I still say the Force works on a different plane than magic or telekinesis, Doom shouldn't have had defenses for being choked. 
Even if it worked on Doom, it wouldn't prevent Doom from firing off an energy bolt or spell or the like.

And armor that deflects lightsabers likely is tough enough to stand lava
Well, glancing blows, it's not like the armor is totally immune to lightsabers. Likewise, I don't think the armor would survive immersion in lava either, unless he managed to get out of it really quickly!
#146  July 02, 2015, 05:27:51 am
    • USA
You're right.  It just...bugs me.  They're underestimating the power of the Dark Side of the Force.  You don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force! >:(

And I'm just venting on the lava, even if the suit did last long enough to dive in and out, the helmet's eyes would likely go beforehand and he'd be seeing bright lights burning into his skull.
#147  July 02, 2015, 07:09:17 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Not even a fair fight... Marvel characters are ridiculous.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#148  July 06, 2015, 11:26:40 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Here's a new One Minute Melee if anyone's interested:

#149  July 06, 2015, 11:51:37 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Just watched this one a while ago. Knew it's going to be a follow-up to one of their earlier One Minute Melees, but it's pretty nice. Kind of funny that they used Ansatsuken's sprite for Oni.

#150  July 08, 2015, 10:55:23 pm
does anyone actually sit through the 10 minutes of the wacky voice guy explaining bullshit because i cant skip it fast enough

I always go to minute 11:00 of the video circa, I can't stand that voice.
Not really, last login was 2 months ago
#151  July 09, 2015, 12:13:33 am
  • SNK is life
#152  July 09, 2015, 12:38:14 am
it's mostly the other guy who does the explaining, boomstick (is that an innuendo?) just barges in to tell shitty awkward jokes in the middle of it.
also, if you're gonna watch webshows then get used to seeing people missing with their voice, because after it worked for plinkett, everyone started doing it.
it's stupid yes, and it's not what made plinkett funny, but you're not exactly paying to watch it, are you?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:53:29 am by supervegeta
#153  July 09, 2015, 12:52:48 am
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
If you're reading this, I love you Boomstick!!!
#154  July 09, 2015, 01:14:17 am
    • USA
I'm just going to go ahead and presume the end to One Minute Melee is going to be Shin Akuma utterly destroying the entire cast of Bleach just because.  And I support this idea.

And I dunno, I like Boomstick's snark and oversimplifying data to miss the point most of the time.  Best part of Ragna and Sol was Boomstick's rant.

Also this teaser was put up.

Curious if Xenoverse's little side story will be taken into account.  And beyond that, if the bonus GT chapters are as well.  Mixing post-BoG and GT like that will have some....odd conflicting info.  Though I'd take it they'd just keep the usual Super Saiyan multipliers stacked on top of God form's boost.

I know Xenoverse sure likes to tease SSJ4 trumps SSJG.  And they rather downplayed it in the previous match.  Maybe we'll get that 10x Kamehameha internal explosion ending after all.
Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:23:41 am by Long John Killer
#155  July 09, 2015, 04:02:20 am
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
Is there any real way to figure out just how strong SSJG Goku is? We have no idea what the multiplier is for these transformations
#156  July 09, 2015, 04:53:06 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Boomstick's Diarhea foot joke was pretty amazing.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#157  July 09, 2015, 08:58:36 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Is there any real way to figure out just how strong SSJG Goku is? We have no idea what the multiplier is for these transformations

We don't really need the powerlevels because DBZ as a whole is pretty damn simplistic in terms of how the characters stack up compared to their betters.

Basically I would say it like this:
SSJ3 Goku could have destroyed a planet by POWERING UP not because it's something stupid or anything but because Akira Toriyama is the type of guy whose simple and to the point. He works on pure ABC logic and there's nothing really there that shows he hyperbole alot of his words.
Basically SSJGod Goku should be near or at Galaxy Buster AND should be a true threat to Superman simply on the virtue of "God Ki"(which has been stated to be beyond normal Ki and can easily be akin to magic).

In the end, I have no doubt Superman can still beat Goku, but my only hope is that they don't fucking lie like last time(They undersold Goku so hard)
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#158  July 09, 2015, 09:21:05 am
    • USA
The rematch reminded me recently of this rebuttal to the original which I think still stands well.

Until the new series I'd figured BoG was just going to plain wipe out GT of existence, but now with the new series reworking GT plot points and the support Xenoverse's gotten, I'm now left to presume the two new god forms and any that follow will just stand as to making SSJ4 in GT that much more powerful.

While I haven't touched New 52 after its dismal reception, I can't then really say what drastic changes Superman's gone through, besides ironically picking up a move that everyone can replicate in DBZ, but I suspect if their new stats on Goku are anything like that debunk then I'm going to go with Goku being a safe bet to win.  Besides, you know, bothering to make this whole rematch in the first place and have Supes win again.  That's boring.
#159  July 09, 2015, 11:22:34 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The rematch reminded me recently of this rebuttal to the original which I think still stands well.

Until the new series I'd figured BoG was just going to plain wipe out GT of existence, but now with the new series reworking GT plot points and the support Xenoverse's gotten, I'm now left to presume the two new god forms and any that follow will just stand as to making SSJ4 in GT that much more powerful.

While I haven't touched New 52 after its dismal reception, I can't then really say what drastic changes Superman's gone through, besides ironically picking up a move that everyone can replicate in DBZ, but I suspect if their new stats on Goku are anything like that debunk then I'm going to go with Goku being a safe bet to win.  Besides, you know, bothering to make this whole rematch in the first place and have Supes win again.  That's boring.

I'll probably watch Super to see if that is truly is the case of the reworking of GT's plot points but Xenoverse made GT into an Alternate Universe so yeah in a way, SSJ4(or atleast something that could become like it) isn't out of the realm of possibility. But again, I'm hearing alot of random things about New 52 Superman being even more powerful or he's actually far weaker or Solar Flare is a gamebreaking move or whatever...
And since I can never find or get my hands on the latest comics to judge for myself, I have no idea how much stronger or weaker New 52 Superman really is.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#160  July 19, 2015, 02:50:59 am
    • USA

Here's the stream for when the fight shows up.