YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18311939 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#741  June 12, 2016, 03:57:34 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
These are my thoughts.

In-game Mewtwo:  Too restricted.  Needs a trainer to give him Tutor/TM moves so unless he's allowed a Trainer in his duel, don't count on it.
Anime Mewtwo:  Still restricted, but not something to be taken lightly, especially "Female" Mewtwo with better feats. (I am going to admit this, I think I am missing something or more from both Mewtwos so forgive me)
Pokken Mewtwo:  Gets a whole bunch of moves beyond Psychic class, even deadly with Shadow Stone and Mega Evolution.

Both Anime ("Female" not Dan Green version) and Pokken Mewtwo can Mega Evolve without a Trainer or a Mega Stone while the in-game Mewtwo needs both.
Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:19:47 am by Kirishima
#742  June 12, 2016, 04:01:16 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I doubt it's going to be any just one, it's going to be a fusion of all interpretations of Mewtwo as with other characters shown through multi media in past Death Battles.  So you got manga Mewtwo with his staff of smiting breakfast who can't stay out of his poke ball for more than a few minutes or he and Blane both die to somehow throw into that mix too.
#743  June 12, 2016, 05:35:28 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
DBX thing is out.
#744  June 15, 2016, 03:23:33 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#745  June 16, 2016, 11:14:08 pm
    • USA
Man, that doesn't tell us anything on what powers they plan on using other than the most basic knowledge of him.  Though they do seem to plan on using the first movie Mewtwo as the basis, so yay for picking the favorite.
#746  June 16, 2016, 11:17:30 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The first movie Mewtwo is the one that's most in line with the game origin, and was used in most of the spinoffs.  I imagine that's why.
#747  June 20, 2016, 09:34:34 am
    • USA

New One Minute Melee.

Dunno why they went for more DBZ versus Sonic, it's clearly no use.
#748  June 20, 2016, 07:48:07 pm
    • UK
silvers based off trunks.....like a LOT

this fight in general was pretty well done but for some reason i can see DBX doing this matchup as well
#749  June 20, 2016, 08:19:51 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#750  June 22, 2016, 08:11:48 pm
Shadow Returns to DEATH BATTLE! Again ! -_-

#751  June 26, 2016, 04:07:51 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I know i've been asking for these guys to do match ups that don't have official cross-overs (like the JUMP character fights that even use sprites from the exact game they crossed over in like J-Stars) but this is...

#752  June 26, 2016, 11:27:11 pm
    • UK
a gruesome way to go imo
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

oh and i like this schedule on how we get a omm on week and a dbx the next
#753  June 26, 2016, 11:35:21 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I'm willing to cut whoever animates DBX some slack, Death Battle didn't get great over night but these last two videos have been pretty crappy over-all :/
#754  June 26, 2016, 11:54:15 pm
Any reason to why Kishio and Peg aren't credited for their sprites used?
#755  June 27, 2016, 12:00:23 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
#756  June 27, 2016, 12:04:28 am
    • USA
I don't know why I was disappointed at Ronald McDonald of all people not doing much of anything in a DBX episode, but I was.  Gave the Colonel all the action on that one.

So not much longer until Mewtwo vs Shadow.  My mind's still set that if they're going by Pokedex entries and Mewtwo having Mew's genes, thus the powers of every Pokémon ever, this is as bad for Shadow as Quicksilver had against Flash.  Really depends how much info they choose to go with and what to withhold Mewtwo from doing, given how much of his power is hypothetical if logical, rather than just fact.  Losing all that and just going straight with what he's been shown to do, flying at fairly regular speeds, Shadow Ball, some elemental punches, teleporting and mind wiping....it's still a possibility for Mewtwo to just wipe the guy's mind blank, but I'm willing to bet that's not flashy enough and there's some counter to that SOMEHWERE in all those Archie comics.

Unless Shadow's confined to his game-only skills as well, then I guess Mewtwo has it regardless?  Any other opinions or facts I'm missing out on before the next episode?
#757  June 27, 2016, 12:04:50 am
#758  June 27, 2016, 10:18:46 pm
    • UK
, but I'm willing to bet that's not flashy enough and there's some counter to that SOMEHWERE in all those Archie comics.

Unless Shadow's confined to his game-only skills as well, then I guess Mewtwo has it regardless?  Any other opinions or facts I'm missing out on before the next episode?
i dont like how they use the archie comics for some characters, power ups for other characters, and just base forms for the rest

its like they deliberately choose who they want to win
#759  June 27, 2016, 11:53:16 pm
    • USA
Oh, I'm sure there's some degree of that going on in the background too.  You don't have everyone but one on their research boards disagree with Yang beating Tifa, rather the opposite wins so hard it's not funny, and that one's reasoning differing than the video's, without some form of personal preference.  There's also just not covering all information, just enough from both sides to make it seem an interesting fight with reasoning they find solid up to that point, a la Wonder Woman and Rogue where you could just have Wonder Woman atomize Rogue with a punch.  And don't get started all the retorts on Goku vs Superman.

I just like to discuss it with anyone with their own take.  Sometimes it leads to proving Death Battle right out wrong.  Or we might all come to the same conclusion.

Though right now I can't take Shadow seriously at all thanks to Joel over at Vinesauce with his Sonic 25th anniversary stream.  Remember, guns can't hurt cartoons.

Shadow Mewtwo at 30 seconds in?
Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:48:48 am by Long John Killer
#760  July 02, 2016, 01:50:25 am
YT video