YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17348454 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#821  July 16, 2016, 10:52:25 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
New OMM

#822  July 16, 2016, 11:16:51 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That was actually pretty cool. I always liked the idea of a Persona and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure cross-over.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This is a generic forum signature.
#823  July 16, 2016, 11:20:19 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Best fight in a while, not too one-sided and pretty balanced throughout for the most part.

As for why they used Black Polnareff, it was an odd choice but i'm not against it. It makes the outcome somewhat more satisfying I think.
#824  July 16, 2016, 11:22:02 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't know these guys, immediately not a fan of the higher-res looking guy, but I'm pretty sure I heard Bleach sound clips in there.  Also this was better than either the last OMM or DBX.

Doesn't Jojo have some sort of rule that their stands are impossible to detect with magic or science unless you have one yourself?  Not that it matters much here, just curious why no one ever tries to throw in the twist that whoever's fighting them in the match can't see their opponent's weapon.
#825  July 16, 2016, 11:31:01 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I don't know these guys, immediately not a fan of the higher-res looking guy, but I'm pretty sure I heard Bleach sound clips in there.  Also this was better than either the last OMM or DBX.

Doesn't Jojo have some sort of rule that their stands are impossible to detect with magic or science unless you have one yourself?  Not that it matters much here, just curious why no one ever tries to throw in the twist that whoever's fighting them in the match can't see their opponent's weapon.

No Bleach clips, JYB also voiced Yu Narukami, the player avatar (YOU) from Persona 4. The video poked a little hole in it but it's OMM and Stands and Persona operate on the same base logic, phsyical manifestations of your "self" in non-corporeal form.

Persona games just play up the fact that people are different, every day of their lives, so Persona-wielders can change their Personas.
Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:36:31 pm by Negi Springfield
#826  July 16, 2016, 11:44:17 pm
#827  July 16, 2016, 11:48:11 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Just close out the second you see an ad? That's what I normally do.

Look, I dislike them just as much as most people do, but I grew up when TV was king and sitting through commercials was just something you did, as least these videos don't take commercial breaks to pad the ad out. Don't be that guy.
#828  July 17, 2016, 12:01:27 am
i wasnt really whining and i didnt watch all of it, i was making fun of the fact that half the video is advertisement
#829  July 17, 2016, 12:08:17 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The most I know on Persona is that the original may have had this edgy idea that to reveal your true self you need to take a gun or a toy replica of one or whatever and shoot yourself in the head, and the persona explodes out instead of your brains.  Charming.  Oh and it seems to be changing genres per title, if that fighting game is an actual canon entry?  The art style is really off putting to me, so I didn't dive much into it, sorry.  Neat to know the voice is the same though.

I guess that makes as much sense an it really needs for a OMM, I just like the concept of having a fight against a Jojo character where they can't actually detect the stand at all but offer a challenge in some other sort of fashion.
#830  July 17, 2016, 12:19:28 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Actually you got that backwards, Persona 3 was the blacksheep in that aspect. In Persona 1, 2 (and 2.5) gaining a Persona was usually the result of a vastly traumatic experience followed by figurative death staring you in the face. (Think something like going Super Saiyan) Persona 3's Envoker's used some bullshit excuse that imitating suicide is intense enough of a trigger to invoke their Personas (and they are very limited in what they can do) The only person in Persona 3 (and 4 I guess) that can use their Persona(s) freely are the Main Characters. Persona 4 works a bit differently because the fighting takes place in a pocket dimension(tl;dr where Personas come from), so their hardship is facing the evil within themselves and owning up to their own weaknesses, after they beat an evil version of themselves first, that is.

And how is that JoJo rule so hard to accept when it comes to Personas? Both of them are based on almost the same concept. Persona's lore is just more fleshed out.

And yes the fighting games are canon to the main story of Persona, Atlus co-wrote the plot themselves and make refferences to it in the Vita Re-Release of Persona 4, among other things.
Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:24:45 am by Negi Springfield
#831  July 24, 2016, 03:11:45 pm
    • UK

oh ummm.......ok?
#832  July 24, 2016, 03:54:42 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I don't disagree with the outcome but that's some really shoddy animation.

#833  July 24, 2016, 06:47:44 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I didn't mind the outcome... the animation.... it sucks. It basically takes away from what seemed to be a great idea for a fight between the man who can literally destroy everything with one punch and the man whose fighting style can counter it.
#834  July 24, 2016, 08:02:27 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
That doesnt even look remotely like kenshiro...
#835  July 24, 2016, 08:16:01 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Nice to know that they got Video Brinquedo onboard for the new DBX.

Actually you got that backwards, Persona 3 was the blacksheep in that aspect. In Persona 1, 2 (and 2.5) gaining a Persona was usually the result of a vastly traumatic experience followed by figurative death staring you in the face. (Think something like going Super Saiyan) Persona 3's Envoker's used some bullshit excuse that imitating suicide is intense enough of a trigger to invoke their Personas (and they are very limited in what they can do) The only person in Persona 3 (and 4 I guess) that can use their Persona(s) freely are the Main Characters. Persona 4 works a bit differently because the fighting takes place in a pocket dimension(tl;dr where Personas come from), so their hardship is facing the evil within themselves and owning up to their own weaknesses, after they beat an evil version of themselves first, that is.

And how is that JoJo rule so hard to accept when it comes to Personas? Both of them are based on almost the same concept. Persona's lore is just more fleshed out.

And yes the fighting games are canon to the main story of Persona, Atlus co-wrote the plot themselves and make refferences to it in the Vita Re-Release of Persona 4, among other things.

That's not entirely correct either because Persona 3 also had you go through a life changing experience to awaken them, like .  The evokers are just to help summon them if you're inexperienced at doing so.
#836  July 24, 2016, 09:01:43 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
This is very late but reading the past couple of pages i have to ask which Hunter X Hunter you guys were watching? Meruem beating Cell is laughable to me, they are not near being in the same realm. Meruem would have been finished by a bomb if it wasn't for help( In the end the bombs poison killed him but the explosion was enough to kill him). Hell in terms of speed he probably cant even react to Cell, he was having trouble with mach speeds fighting Netero for awhile. I call severe wank.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#837  July 24, 2016, 09:44:29 pm
    • USA
#838  July 24, 2016, 10:02:07 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
I know that, i'm speaking about the people who seem to think Cell would lose even outside of the show.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#839  July 24, 2016, 11:37:52 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Nice to know that they got Video Brinquedo onboard for the new DBX.

My quote

That's not entirely correct either because Persona 3 also had you go through a life changing experience to awaken them, like .  The evokers are just to help summon them if you're inexperienced at doing so.

Actually not quite. Did you forget Strega? They were earlier attempts at forcing a Persona out of someone
Legit spoilers

And they functioned much more like Shadows, hurting the people who wielded them just as much as their enemies and they had to be constantly medicated to keep themselves stable. If anyone, Junpei got the right trigger from a certain someone dying.
Although that does seem to be the case by the time Persona 4 Arena takes place, with the evokers being a formality.
Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:45:29 pm by Negi Springfield
#840  July 25, 2016, 12:13:05 am
    • USA
The Answer had flashbacks for every single party member showing the exact moment that their persona was awakened.  The evokers are just there to force them out.  Strega had to take drugs to keep their shit in check because they were artificially given them.