YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441341 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: JMORPHMAN NEEDS HELP!
#6041  June 29, 2018, 05:39:31 am
    • USA
Isn't that already a thing?

nvm I see what you are going for.
#6042  July 01, 2018, 01:11:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, that's just the normal God Rugal stance, converted to use normal Rugal sprites (i.e., his clothes aren't torn and his left hand isn't drenched in blood) from warusaki3's Rugal.

What I did was more or less tone it down, so his hair and various dangling parts of his outfit just slightly move around, creating a nice midpoint between normal Rugal and God Rugal (which feels fitting for an Omega Rugal stance).
#6043  July 02, 2018, 01:47:50 am
CvS pdf
http://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/Untitled_PotS_Style_Compilation.pdf

I've little to contribute here aside from my opinion on this, and I am very fond of how organized it is. Definitely inspiring when it comes to what I do and how organized I (wish I) am. Roster's a little small though, no?

In any case I'm excited to see how your work ends up, I like how your current work plays so I can expect nothing less than greatness.

@NDSilva: I lied about having little to contribute. Demitri FX look astounding. You guys keep up the good work.
#6044  July 02, 2018, 07:11:28 am
Here is me not working on anything I should actually be working on:  after playing around with some Rugal stuff for this thing, I had an idea and tried something:

an Omega Rugal stance, made from waru's normal Rugal style God stance sprites. That I made... for some reason? Compare/contrast with regular Rugal and God Rugal

(I AM NOT MAKING RUGAL, AND NO, THIS ISN'T A BIT OR SOME OTHER EXTREMELY DUMB ATTEMPT AT COMEDY LIKE I HAVE DONE SOMETIMES ALL THE TIME, I JUST GOT BORED AND WAS TRYING SOMETHING)

also, this is a thing I've posted on the MFG Discord a few times, and I just realized I never posted it here (and it's not like it's a secret or anything!), so:
http://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/Untitled_PotS_Style_Compilation.pdf

this is basically my ultimate goal/endpoint. Compilation is the key word here, although nearly everything's gonna wind up being edited and updated to make it all fit together. Also, I will not be doing it in MUGEN, because MUGEN sucks and is old and too damn limited. There's a lot of successor engines in development right now, so I'm spoiled for choice, but it's not like I need to choose between them right now! This is still quite a way's off!!!

that stance look dope and clean!
#6045  July 03, 2018, 01:39:40 am
    • USA
#6046  July 03, 2018, 02:01:58 am
this is a pretty substantial amount of characters!

I suppose less is more, especially when the work is of decent quality. I do enjoy how the characters are arranged on the screen.

#6047  July 03, 2018, 02:42:53 am
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
#6048  July 03, 2018, 10:26:44 pm
    • USA
It's just a screenshot of VSelect, nothing special; the portraits are just there to show the layout, don't read too deeply into them!

That specific Geese is Vans's Nightmare Geese (which uses topless sprites), but again, it doesn't necessarily mean anything for the full game thingy!
#6049  July 04, 2018, 12:06:02 am
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
It's just a screenshot of VSelect, nothing special; the portraits are just there to show the layout, don't read too deeply into them!

That specific Geese is Vans's Nightmare Geese (which uses topless sprites), but again, it doesn't necessarily mean anything for the full game thingy!
And is there 3 total Rugals? It looks like Omega Rugal below Shadow Lady.
#6050  July 04, 2018, 03:08:30 am
    • USA
It's all in the PDF I posted previously. ;P
#6051  July 04, 2018, 04:12:27 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Where's Sean?

That Rugal stance is nice, I really like it :)

#6052  July 17, 2018, 01:38:29 am
    • USA
I wanna keep the roster at a relatively manageable size! And it's already too big I think!!!

also, did a quickie test of a potential updated separation on Kyo:
https://i.imgur.com/3d0RW3L.png
I'm already gonna be doing some fixes on his separated sprites, so it should be really really easy to add in finger and arm separation. And because those two have been added:
https://i.imgur.com/TTQD4dt.png
it's possible to make relatively decent looking sleeved palettes!
Update: it indeed was trivially easy to add in arm and finger separation. Which means...

updated template!

Spoiler: Default palette (click to see content)
Spoiler: CvS2 palette (click to see content)

As has always been the case, I will update every previously submitted palette, unless the original author of said palette does it themselves and sends it to me first. But the newly added separation adds a lot of interesting possibilities, so go nuts!
#6053  July 19, 2018, 04:01:04 pm
Hey, I've been using your Kyo for years in Mugen, and I came across this bug where hitting an enemy with his R.E.D Kick in CO-OP mode causes Mugen to freeze. Then again, Co-Op mode is broken as is but just thought you might wanna know. Sorry for being dumb.
#6054  July 27, 2018, 10:08:42 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Hey, I've been using your Kyo for years in Mugen, and I came across this bug where hitting an enemy with his R.E.D Kick in CO-OP mode causes Mugen to freeze. Then again, Co-Op mode is broken as is but just thought you might wanna know. Sorry for being dumb.

Lol how u being dumb? I came across a bug too but not from the same character. I used his Ryo every since he was released and notice how every time I performed the slicing wild punches or whatever it's called... that bitt would freeze XD.

But Co-op mode can't handle most moves so... yeah.
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:11:44 am by Hunter Cerberus
#6055  July 27, 2018, 03:05:15 pm
same thing happens here. i completely forgot about that one! it's a shame cuz me and my little bro always like playing co-op a lot and i like using kyo and ryo a lot too :-( darn you, buggy co op modeee
#6056  July 28, 2018, 05:35:04 am
    • USA
I will be applying the same fix that I have to more recent characters, but the thing is, it's not gonna work 100% of the time; simul mode is just too borked, sadly.
#6057  July 28, 2018, 04:02:22 pm
you're the best :-) thank you for existing
#6058  August 05, 2018, 08:57:43 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
I will be applying the same fix that I have to more recent characters, but the thing is, it's not gonna work 100% of the time; simul mode is just too borked, sadly.

Pardon my oblivious question, So aside from updating your palette template and other codes and or bugs in your past creations. Do you have another character project in the works or is that creating another character is a plan put on hold til you get everything else sorted out?
#6059  August 05, 2018, 07:31:55 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I believe he's coding Billy the Blue Ranger right now.  He might, of course, be working on any number of other (possibly secret) projects at this moment in time, too.
#6060  August 05, 2018, 07:39:58 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com