Azrael v1.071 (Read 44436 times)

Started by OHMSBY, November 28, 2018, 10:12:00 pm
Share this topic:
Azrael v1.071
#1  November 28, 2018, 10:12:00 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello everyone,

Azrael is now complete and ready to go. His gameplay is the same as the rest of my characters, custom styled and largely based on his Cross Tag moveset. Also, a few of his old moves have also been brought back.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Azrael here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dbRK4_JwMEmsjh6_4setye-ynyql3QXq/view?usp=sharing

And of course, we have a poll for the next character. I have decided to take out Taiga and Hibachi this time, since they hardly get any votes. I may bring them back once there are less candidates. As usual, the poll closes at the end of the week, vote here:
Terumi has won the poll. Thank you for voting.

As always, have fun.
Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 05:58:48 am by OHMSBY
Re: Azrael
#2  November 28, 2018, 11:03:01 pm
    • Argentina
amazing !
#3  November 28, 2018, 11:54:13 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
That infinite I found is still there.
#4  November 28, 2018, 11:57:18 pm
  • WOLUFUFUFU♪
    • Thailand
    • sryutaro.wixsite.com/ryutarofuture
Whoa you're best work fast character with custom style ever!
Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:22:18 am by Ryutaro
#5  November 29, 2018, 12:11:36 am
    • USA

Is it really? Gustaf Buster is supposed to have much less hitstun when used during a combo. I've tried recreating the infinite after I've applied the changes and before I've uploaded him, but to no avail. Would you mind recording the infinite again with the current version, so I can see exactly whats going on?
#6  November 29, 2018, 12:55:13 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil

Is it really? Gustaf Buster is supposed to have much less hitstun when used during a combo. I've tried recreating the infinite after I've applied the changes and before I've uploaded him, but to no avail. Would you mind recording the infinite again with the current version, so I can see exactly whats going on?

Yep. https://streamable.com/esjmo I even made sure I was using the updated version. I usually start the loop again with 4A.

Here's also something I found today: Him grabing the opponent after Gustaf and still counting as a hit. (This one is harder to occur.) https://streamable.com/x2pfq
#7  November 29, 2018, 03:23:59 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Have you ever considered adding Nanase from UNIB to the poll? So far nobody has made her and she needs more love.

Either way, fantastic job on Azrael. He had to grow on me in BlazBlue, hated him at first.
#8  November 29, 2018, 03:29:55 am
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
If we're saying people we would like to be on the next poll, I would like to see an Es by you.

Good Azrael as well!
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#9  November 29, 2018, 03:45:22 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
And I'm a dumbass...I remembered that I separated the private beta from the public release in two different folders. http://prntscr.com/loblxv
#10  November 29, 2018, 04:04:53 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#11  November 29, 2018, 04:09:39 am
    • USA
Have you ever considered adding Nanase from UNIB to the poll? So far nobody has made her and she needs more love.
If we're saying people we would like to be on the next poll, I would like to see an Es by you.
This.

These are good suggestions, but I want to hold off on adding more characters to the poll until there are less candidates. I want all of the current ones to have a chance.

And I'm a dumbass...I remembered that I separated the private beta from the public release in two different folders. http://prntscr.com/loblxv

Ah.
That's alright, we all make mistakes. I'm certainly no exception to that.
#12  November 29, 2018, 05:40:38 am
    • Japan
Just seems like Kuroko and Mikoto get barely any votes, which is a damn shame since the only versions of Mikoto out there are OP and theres no Kuroko yet.
#13  November 29, 2018, 06:07:22 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Just seems like Kuroko and Mikoto get barely any votes, which is a damn shame since the only versions of Mikoto out there are OP and theres no Kuroko yet.

If it makes you feel better, I've voted for Kuroko in every poll she's been.
#14  November 29, 2018, 07:05:46 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After testing the official release, the speed where the opponent moves from the charged Valiant Crash is much better now. Overall, I feel like there isn't much issues aesthetics wise. Which is good as it's shows how much you improved on coding and detail with each character. Great work, OHMSBY.

These are good suggestions, but I want to hold off on adding more characters to the poll until there are less candidates. I want all of the current ones to have a chance.
Agreed. After all, that was kinda the sole reason why Gordeau kept being 2nd place on the polls at the time. Any new choices you add are just too appealing, it makes me less want to vote the older candidates. Although I'm not sure if you should bring Taiga back as Kohaku already made a pretty good one, unless you really want to make your own version of her eventually.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#15  November 29, 2018, 07:31:15 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Well, here´s something to try this weekend~

I do have a slighty off-topic question, i see Kirby on your polls, what sprites you are planing to use? Think did saw some HD or Hi-Res sprites before so gonna guess those?
Either way, the list looks pretty neat.
#16  November 29, 2018, 07:55:15 am
    • USA
I do have a slighty off-topic question, i see Kirby on your polls, what sprites you are planing to use?

I'm going to use Seku's sprites:

However, they will be modified to have proper indexing, so Kirby can actually have more than one palette.
#17  November 29, 2018, 10:44:43 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I have decided to take out Taiga and Hibachi this time, since they hardly get any votes. I may bring them back once there are less candidates.

The cause of their lack of votes is due to the fact that the already existing versions of these two characters are quite acceptable and for the public they don't need other versions.

And I'm very curious to see your version of Kirby, though I hope to see Waldestein.
#18  November 29, 2018, 11:13:06 am
    • Japan
Woah, after that discussion about Kirby, suddenly he's in the lead. Coincidence?
#19  December 01, 2018, 09:56:11 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Now all Azrael needs is his japanese voice.   :thinking:
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#20  December 02, 2018, 04:57:26 am
    • USA
The poll results are in:

Terumi and Waldstein remained neck and neck for a while, but Terumi ended up getting more votes during the final hours.

So yeah, Terumi is my next project. Unlike all of the other characters I've worked on, he is not in Cross Tag, so working on a hypothetical Cross Tag moveset for Terumi will be fun.

Now all Azrael needs is his japanese voice.   :thinking:

Mister Fael Chan has been making Japanese voices for my characters (Ruby, Ragna, and Gordeau so far). I don't know what his plans are, but he may be able to make one for Azrael as well.