YesNoOk

Street Fighter All-Stars - Version 1.05 (Read 22719 times)

Started by RagingRowen, April 29, 2022, 12:20:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter All-Stars - Version 1.0
#21  April 30, 2022, 03:41:26 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

#22  April 30, 2022, 04:21:31 am
Feedback and thoughts addendum:

1. Ingrid has the same issue with palettes as Dan.
2. I'm a bit out of touch on Ingrid's gameplan, but Sun Delta doesn't KO the opponent.
3. Training Stage could use some music.
4. Character selection menu in simul and turns has overlapping text and it looks awful as hell.
5. On topic of AI: Batsu is the worst. Blocks almost everything, but the most annoying part, is that he either almost always techs your grabs or grab you before you do. Irritating.
6. It appears, that Charlie is using his Cannon Spike-esque attire with a shirt on. You might want to swap his character portrait to that from said game.

Also, is there any reason, why you didn't go with Akuma's sprites from original DW version?

4. No Heat Haze for Ingrid? How could you? There's even an instrumental version, if you don't like it's lyrics.

Man of culture.
;)

EDIT:More stuff
7. No one is credited in the text file for Retsu.
8. I would suggest making a temporary arcade ending: an image with snippets of things to come for this game, like it was done in CvTW.
Speaking of which: if you need English VA for Alpha Charlie - he has a custom one in CvTW.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 04:49:32 am by GreenZed
#23  April 30, 2022, 08:30:53 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I liked it's gameplay mechanics and hitsparks. Good Game initially.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#24  April 30, 2022, 09:27:45 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Damn. More stuff to fix...
Once again, I'll respond to the more critical stuff.

I've tried playing the game proper and have some thoughts and feedback to share, but please do keep in mind, that I am not a good FG playa:

1. Divison between powerbar sections should be visible, even if it's empty, so the player knows exactly when they get lvl 1
2. Sagat's AI is just atrocious, there is no putting it lightly. The entire match devolves into a fireball throwing competition: who can outspam whom. Characters like Dan gets completely bodied, while as Akuma I barely lost any life.
3. You should consider custom personal winquotes for every character, like in CvTW. It will increase replay value.
4. No Heat Haze for Ingrid? How could you? There's even an instrumental version, if you don't like it's lyrics.
5. Very subjective, but I would propose removing cheap KO's like SFV did.
6. Not Race, nor you catched that eardrum piercing Batsu WinPose screech. Ouch.
7. Not exactly sure, what caused this, but this happened when Retsu tried his chargin super on me
8. Credits have some sort of black bar on the right, which is notiecable when long names scroll by.
9. Another subjective thought: I think pacing of the fight would improve, if those prologed multi-hit throws from Alpha cast would be shorten, the way SF4 did.

Pretty damn fun overall. You've gained a follower. I'll be closley following this project now. Maybe at least one modern Capcom-based Mugen fullgame will make it to the finish line.

2. Yeah it is a bit much. I'll try to lower the AI's chance of projectiles.
4. Well I think the current theme is more fitting for her stage.
6. I just softened it today.
9. I suppose I can try making them faster.

Dan's stage should have the same camera settings as the other stages, I actually got thrown off pretty bad when I fought Dan, lol.

Yeah I tried to make the stage settings consistent, but it all depends on how tall the stages are.

Feedback and thoughts addendum:

1. Ingrid has the same issue with palettes as Dan.
2. I'm a bit out of touch on Ingrid's gameplan, but Sun Delta doesn't KO the opponent.
3. Training Stage could use some music.
4. Character selection menu in simul and turns has overlapping text and it looks awful as hell.
5. On topic of AI: Batsu is the worst. Blocks almost everything, but the most annoying part, is that he either almost always techs your grabs or grab you before you do. Irritating.
6. It appears, that Charlie is using his Cannon Spike-esque attire with a shirt on. You might want to swap his character portrait to that from said game.

Also, is there any reason, why you didn't go with Akuma's sprites from original DW version?

Man of culture.
;)

EDIT:More stuff
7. No one is credited in the text file for Retsu.
8. I would suggest making a temporary arcade ending: an image with snippets of things to come for this game, like it was done in CvTW.
Speaking of which: if you need English VA for Alpha Charlie - he has a custom one in CvTW.

3. Considered.
4. I admit I was only focused on Single Modes since those are where you're sorta meant to play it.
5. I'll check him out too.
6. It's actually just his Alpha sprites, presumably with CS. But I can try adding a Shirt to the port.
7. Well I don't think LESSARD (the spriter and original creator) himself added a readme anyways.
8. I personally think that would work better for an after-credits scene.
About Charlie's voice, if I were to change it I'd probably just use his SFV voice, just without the tone change he received.

Whatever's fixed here will be patched in V1.1, which I think will have an additional character and that'll be the theme for each update.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#25  April 30, 2022, 09:55:05 pm

I know, that Marvel movies trained people to sit through the whole credits sequence, but I have my doubts, that people playing this game would have the patience for that or even knowledge, that there is something after them.

I have a few more random thoughts, if you don't mind:

If you ever going to use Oni with Lessard's sprites or someone elses, this stage by NoZ would be a great fit for him.

In my very personal opinion, I would prefer, if you would push back the remaining SF shotos like Gouken, Sakura, Sean and various evil and dark versions of existing ones back and focus on other fighters. The remaining Ansatsuken practitioners and their proteges should be introduced gradually, like in SFV. I very much like the inclusion of more unusual picks for the series (Haggar, Batsu, Ingrid) and would've loved, if you kept going in that direction, bringing some new faces, that were never used, haven't been seen in the main series for awhile or never had an apperance in a sprite form. Additions like that will help this game to create a fresh identity and a unique face, that will set it apart from the rest.

You've mentioned character dialogue as a possible future addition and that would be really great. Ryu in CvTW had something like that (but only with handful of characters, mostly on The World side), you can probably check him out for code and references.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:01:20 pm by GreenZed
#26  April 30, 2022, 10:26:43 pm
    • UK

I know, that Marvel movies trained people to sit through the whole credits sequence, but I have my doubts, that people playing this game would have the patience for that or even knowledge, that there is something after them.

I have a few more random thoughts, if you don't mind:

If you ever going to use Oni with Lessard's sprites or someone elses, this stage by NoZ would be a great fit for him.

In my very personal opinion, I would prefer, if you would push back the remaining SF shotos like Gouken, Sakura, Sean and various evil and dark versions of existing ones back and focus on other fighters. The remaining Ansatsuken practitioners and their proteges should be introduced gradually, like in SFV. I very much like the inclusion of more unusual picks for the series (Haggar, Batsu, Ingrid) and would've loved, if you kept going in that direction, bringing some new faces, that were never used, haven't been seen in the main series for awhile or never had an apperance in a sprite form. Additions like that will help this game to create a fresh identity and a unique face, that will set it apart from the rest.

You've mentioned character dialogue as a possible future addition and that would be really great. Ryu in CvTW had something like that (but only with handful of characters, mostly on The World side), you can probably check him out for code and references.

Yeah that's my gameplan. I don't want to overdo it in the Shoto department and keep the focus towards the more unique chars.

As for the dialogue, I'll likely be saving that for an eventual IKEMEN port.
WIP Schedule:
#27  April 30, 2022, 11:53:11 pm
    • Mexico
Nice work bro! I like the release, I like the stages a lot too. nice gameplay, even with some details overall its great and fun. Take care.
#28  May 01, 2022, 04:46:36 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
It was a long road, but worth the wait.
#29  May 02, 2022, 04:10:24 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Just a few quick bits of feedback from me, haven't had much time with the game yet.

-Alex's jump feels super floaty and weird since he's such a big heavy character
-When Alex lands, he must complete his (very long) landing animation before he can move forward or backward. He can jump again, do attacks, etc., but he can't walk forward or backward until the animation is complete
-Someone mentioned it but yeah Dan's stage is very disorienting because the camera follows too close
-Alex seems to be missing a gethit somewhere, he disappears briefly when he hits the ground from Haggar's normal 2P throw (Lift n Toss)
-Speaking of that throw, when Haggar actually throws the opponent away, they seem to be falling from much higher than where he's holding them, plus the camera movement during this throw are pretty wacky. You probably want to add a screenbound sctrl to P2's gethit state
-I would personally suggest changing Final Haggar Buster's command to a 360 like Alex's Hyperbomb for synergy but that might just be me

That's all I got for now. It's got a great look and feel overall though, good job.

PS: This is just the artist in me but Retsu and Batsu really need some extra care in the sprite department, they have some pretty off looking animations compared to the rest of the cast. Cool inclusions though. I have a 99% complete mostly unused spriteset of Joe that would fit right into this game I think.

Download Last Bout now!
#30  May 02, 2022, 11:59:13 am
    • UK
Will note the feedback.

PS: This is just the artist in me but Retsu and Batsu really need some extra care in the sprite department, they have some pretty off looking animations compared to the rest of the cast. Cool inclusions though. I have a 99% complete mostly unused spriteset of Joe that would fit right into this game I think.

Well that's just the way they came and I don't think there are superior sheets for them. At times you simply gotta use the best there is.
WIP Schedule:
#31  May 02, 2022, 06:58:47 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Tried Retsu a bit:

- The sprite alignment on his jump sprites makes his feet go below the ground. Affects back dash too
- Crouching Clsn2 looks too thin
- Parry detection Clsn1 is a bit off
- His stance would look a lot better with one more frame. 4 is the magic number for loops. I know you're not a spriter but it's worth mentioning
- Throw whiff is missing sounds
- Many Clsn boxes go slightly below or slightly above the ground when they should be Y=0. Not important but looks messy. For instance crouching medium kick
- Light punches are missing sounds
- Jumping light kick Clsn1 is too big. It can be smaller and still crossup
- CMP alignment looks off. It should be the back foot that stays in place
- You disabled debug mode but not the debug keys (you can just F1 through arcade mode)
- Light and medium Sokuji Tsuki should have a lot less startup and autoguard frames
- Sokuji Tsuki autoguard Clsn1 could go a bit higher because it misses Ryu's jab
- Parry sprite alignment is also weird
- Gekiryu Kyaku is odd without an EX version
- Gekiryu Kyaku has no jumping sound
- Second leg swing sound of Josho Jiten plays too late
- 1040 is an odd value for his Life. That and with his invincible reversal it doesn't feel like he should have more life than average
- Gezan Tenohira uses kicks in the movelist
- Gezan Tenohira, an air special, with autoguard feels too strong. Then again it's already slow so maybe not
- Gezan Tenohira is unsafe even with good spacing
- EX Gezan Tenohira misses sounds and EX effects. Also I think the custom bounce state would look better with carefully selected sprites instead of angledraw (c.f. my Dan's EX taunt)
- Oda Hakai Tsuki feels redundant with the special version. Maybe it could work if he just did it 3 times in a row like old Capcom supers
- Tenchi Fukugo Kogeki, as a level 3, could use more invincibility. Also the super pause effect is misaligned
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 10:23:15 pm by PotS
#32  May 02, 2022, 07:16:49 pm
- You disabled debug mode but not the debug keys (you can just F1 through arcade mode)

I would argue that it should stay enabled until the game reaches it's more-or-less final version.
Street Fighter All-Stars - Version 1.05
#33  May 02, 2022, 11:06:37 pm
    • UK
Updated to v1.05. This is a small patch to iron out some funny stuff. There's still a lot more to fix but it'll do until the more drastic v1.1

- Removed a leftover Chun-Li win port.
- Fixed Alex's Boomerang Raid Backdrop effects.
- Sagat's AI does Tiger Shots less often.
- Removed leftover Flame FX from Cammy's Reverse Shaft Breaker.
- All Dan Supers share the same afterimages.
- Fixed the lack of a LP swing sound for Retsu.
- Added missing EX FX to Retsu's Gezan Tenohira.
- Retsu's Tenchi Fukugo Kogeki's Hitsparks are now aligned properly.
- Fixed Retsu's Super Afterimages.
- Replaced Retsu's Run with a Forward Dash.
- Added Throw Escape to Retsu.
- Removed zoom from Suzaku Castle.
- Changed the stage tension of Hong Kong Market.

A big thanks to y'all for the extensive feedback.
WIP Schedule: