YesNoOk

Blaze Fielding by Rhythmness & DivineWolf; Edits by Project.13 (Read 5413 times)

Started by PRØJECT.13, September 04, 2020, 04:07:26 am
Share this topic:
Blaze Fielding by Rhythmness & DivineWolf; Edits by Project.13
#1  September 04, 2020, 04:07:26 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000

As some of you may know, some time ago Rhythmness/Rhythmical had released a Blaze Fielding character that was pretty much a beta, while also stating that he would not be completing her due to being busy with other projects, as well as being busy in real life. So I decided to go through and change some things with Blaze to hopefully help her feel more fleshed out and complete. I hope this is alright for me to do.

Spoiler: Project.13's Changelog (click to see content)

This was my first time doing something like this, so it might not be done the absolute best. My knowledge of MUGEN coding is still very minimal, so I did what I already knew/was instructed on how to do. On that note, huge thanks to the MUGEN Wizards at SpriteClub for their help, and of course, credit to Rhythmness/Rhythmical and DivineWolf for the original character. Hope you all enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v6wyu69tbx2yksk/Blaze_Fielding.rar/file
Re: Blaze Fielding by Rhythmness & DivineWolf; Edits by Project.13
#2  September 04, 2020, 04:20:09 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
BEST EDIT, EVER! YOU'VE MADE MY NIGHT DEAR FRIEND! I'm gonna check out anything for feedback.
#3  September 04, 2020, 06:08:25 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Thanks, man, I really appreciate that. If you do find anything, I can't make any promises that it'll be fixed in a timely manner, but I'll definitely look into it and see if I can fix it. The only thing I really want to change that I've got no real idea on how to gameplay-wise is to make it so Street Combo only goes through all the way when the axe kick connects, but that requires a lot of animation and state changing that I have no idea about just yet lol. But I am very much glad you're enjoying her, AvP ^^
#4  September 04, 2020, 06:11:42 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
...make it so Street Combo only goes through all the way when the axe kick connects...

I think this could be pretty easy -- simply make the start up a regular state that only continues onto the next part of the attack if the move connects. Otherwise, have it end if its blocked or if it whiffs.

Sorry -- I'm a bad teacher just trying to throw out a suggestion lol

I feel like I could probably help out but I don't know how to code CVS style characters, so the best I can do is offer a suggestion. But I can probably try and dabble in what you've got so far and see if I can come up with something.
#5  September 04, 2020, 06:23:06 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The main issue I'm having with making that happen for Street Combo is that it's split up into two different animations: The axe kick and then the combo itself, but the part where Blaze lands is in the start of the combo animation portion of the attack. I tried placing the landing sprites at the end of the axe kick but then the move would just freeze until she gets hit, and I have no idea what kind of code to add for that to not happen lol. If you can help in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, uh.. Can I ask for someone to make a palette template for me? I have palette images in the folders and they are completely indexed, including the Kikosho colors, but the Kikosho FX aren't part of the image, it's just a sprite of Blaze lol. I'm definitely gonna add more palettes myself, but I'd love to see what others come up with, too. I appreciate all the help you guys can offer!
#6  September 04, 2020, 01:45:58 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Oh very nice. But Embukyaku still can't be done and I kinda wish you'd kept the traditional PotS sounds. Might do a patch for that.

I did the template though:
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  September 04, 2020, 04:12:36 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#8  September 04, 2020, 06:05:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#9  September 04, 2020, 06:14:39 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I hope so ! ^^
So, eventually your version can take this progress.
Instead of having 2 versions with different / missing stuff.

Indeed, i did some adjustments thanks to SZ26 feedback and i will also implement some of the updates from this edit.
#10  September 04, 2020, 06:56:45 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Oh very nice. But Embukyaku still can't be done and I kinda wish you'd kept the traditional PotS sounds. Might do a patch for that.

I did the template though:

The thing with Embukyaku is that Rhythm got the command wrong in the ReadMe, it's actually supposed to be B, HCB rather than RDP. I wish I could change it in the CMD file but I'm not sure how to edit those when it's got the buffer system implemented. As far as the P.o.t.S hitsounds, it's just personal preference but I honestly just hate the CFJ hitsounds lol, they're just so grating and obnoxious imo. Also the template isn't exactly right: Blaze's midriff is separate from her arms and head, but the template doesn't show that. So if the palette has a different color for the midriff than the rest of the skin, it'll all be the same color as the midriff. Edit: The top isn't separated from the skirt and shoes either, though that might be my fault for not actually having a CS palette ready. I'll work on that now lol

Amazing edit/update 13! Can i implement some of the updates you did on here?
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/blaze-fielding-potsdivinewolf-style-rhythmness-gui0007-190306.0.html

Part of me wants to make this a joint project just so we won't basically have two nearly identical characters in the same place. Then again, I'm not entirely sure what you changed with your version lol
#11  September 04, 2020, 07:25:10 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Part of me wants to make this a joint project just so we won't basically have two nearly identical characters in the same place. Then again, I'm not entirely sure what you changed with your version lol

Not much, still have the POTS style treatment. And i've talked with Ryth before i worked on her. Only few things that needed to be done, specially fixed the "Time to get serious" intro once and for all, and you did that well. :)
#12  September 05, 2020, 12:30:45 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Well, I am still learning stuff and willing to keep fixing her up as needed. Only things I really wanna do with her gameplay stuff are fix the Embukyaku command, maybe add an EX version and the stuff with Street Combo.

Also, got the CS palette done and some sprites to use for the template:

Doing the CS palette was also a good thing cause I noticed even more sprites that needed to be touched up and separated in places. Not sure if I'm gonna necessarily add anything to what already exists, but I will be touching up on what needs to be. I'll wait to update Blaze with the improved CS once the template is done and I've made a few more palettes.
#13  September 05, 2020, 01:12:12 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I hope so ! ^^
So, eventually your version can take this progress.
Instead of having 2 versions with different / missing stuff.

Indeed, i did some adjustments thanks to SZ26 feedback and i will also implement some of the updates from this edit.

Nice !
BTW, I think my jump height edit of jump in intro is good. If I remember you used it in your edit.
Also, talking of jump height, seems like her jump height is ver low in 13's edit. Make's her looking very heavy... Perhaps you should keep your version of jump height.
#14  September 05, 2020, 01:30:05 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
These issues are still present with the feedback I gave to gui:
-The afterimages when she dodges are gone during MAX mode.
-There is no sliding dust and sound effect at the end of Sliding Wave.
-There is no sliding dust at the cancel or miss of Blaze Strike.
-The sword swing sound is missing during EX Knife Uppercut.
-EX Kikou Shou doesn't knock the opponent to the ground (But the HP version does).

If you want to make it less PotS like, you should change the hitsparks and effects as well or possibility recolor them. That way, it will feel different somewhat.

Not much, still have the POTS style treatment. And i've talked with Ryth before i worked on her. Only few things that needed to be done, specially fixed the "Time to get serious" intro once and for all, and you did that well. :)
Not exactly. She immediately touches the ground instead of jumping after removing her coat, so it's not fixed completely.

Nice !
BTW, I think my jump height edit of jump in intro is good. If I remember you used it in your edit.
Also, talking of jump height, seems like her jump height is ver low in 13's edit. Make's her looking very heavy... Perhaps you should keep your version of jump height.
I agree. Without the jump height, it's still feels bugged.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.