YesNoOk

Is MUGEN showing it's age? (Read 28603 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, February 18, 2018, 03:07:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Is MUGEN showing it's age?
#21  February 20, 2018, 04:31:13 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
I'm sorry I haven't been around as much lately, my absence entirely explains the slump some of your are seeing in MUGEN and its communities. Elecbyte says hi btw, we got gay married.
#22  February 20, 2018, 05:41:11 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Like there is any other kind of marriage.
#23  February 20, 2018, 06:44:47 am
  • Raging Fist
It will be a miracle to see Mugen 1.2.
At least for now we got 1.1 and Ikemen PLUS!
#24  February 20, 2018, 08:35:45 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
For me, this conscious obsession began in 2001 and now, seventeen years (a chunk of which was rife with mistakes and embarrassment) later, I find myself with a renewed sense of interest in Mugen, beat 'em ups and fighting games as a whole.  I've nearly come full circle in this community, and I've many of you (veterans and newcomers alike) to thank for such a turnabout. :joy:

As a program of specialized functionality, Mugen does indeed show its age.  As a source of inspiration, however, it does not.
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:46:52 am by Mature4evr
#25  February 23, 2018, 03:39:26 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Software - already aged when it first came out.  :egypt:

Community - once a thread shows up asking which supplement to treat/prevent arthritis.  :gossip:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#26  February 23, 2018, 04:21:39 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol

*inb4 "how to code story mode in mugen with explods"
#27  February 24, 2018, 05:50:50 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
For me, this conscious obsession began in 2001 and now, seventeen years (a chunk of which was rife with mistakes and embarrassment) later, I find myself with a renewed sense of interest in Mugen, beat 'em ups and fighting games as a whole.  I've nearly come full circle in this community, and I've many of you (veterans and newcomers alike) to thank for such a turnabout. :joy:

As a program of specialized functionality, Mugen does indeed show its age.  As a source of inspiration, however, it does not.
you are the legendary Mature4ever then?....i want to see more from you..
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#28  February 25, 2018, 07:30:21 am
    • USA
    • goroh16@yahoo.com
the time went into making tons of ryu, kyo, ken and akuma edits

this is what we wasted years of our lives on, what a world

Yes it's boring seeing so many Street Fighter and King of Fighters. We still don't have all the Aquapazza and Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel characters because those two are unpopular niche games, let alone source accurate ones.
#29  February 25, 2018, 07:47:38 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Yes it's boring seeing so many Street Fighter and King of Fighters. We still don't have all the Aquapazza and Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel characters because those two are unpopular niche games, let alone source accurate ones.

Make em then
#30  February 25, 2018, 08:37:34 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
@Jessy:
Legendary?  I'm nothing of the sort, but color me flattered.  The process of reinventing oneself is quite the tedious endeavor, but take my word, new content is in the pipeline. ;)
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#31  February 25, 2018, 08:48:39 am
    • USA
    • goroh16@yahoo.com

Make em then
I feel it's too late for that. I would had made them if the only thing I was doing was mugen which was in 2015. But during that time I was more interested in fighting hard AI than learning how to code. Right now I'm playing so many other games and don't use mugen 24/7 like I use to and I heard making a character is hard. Are we ever gonna get a RGB method tutorial in video form? Every tutorial I found don't explain everything.
Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:58:30 am by Luis
#32  February 25, 2018, 09:24:29 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Make em then
I feel it's too late for that. I would had made them if the only thing I was doing was mugen which was in 2015. But during that time I was more interested in fighting hard AI than learning how to code. Right now I'm playing so many other games and don't use mugen 24/7 like I use to and I heard making a character is hard. Are we ever gonna get a RGB method tutorial in video form? Every tutorial I found don't explain everything.

Its easier than you think to get something up and running.
I personally am not familiar much with the games you
mentioned so that's my excuse for sticking to capcom
and what ever else I'm familiar with.
#33  February 25, 2018, 10:51:54 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
If that happen (mugen dies)..I will blame idiots like tanicfan..they deserves NEVER touched mugen...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#34  February 26, 2018, 12:14:59 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Reading all this it sounds more like its not mugen thats showing its age, its us lol.

heehehe I have to agree. I am turning 40 years old this year, while turning 19 years old in Mugen.
After that much time, its hard to get motivated when you have tons of stuff to care about. Gosh, my first son is turning...15 years old.

I still enjoy creating for Mugen, even with all the hassles. I think when I stopped to enjoy it, probably I will quit from it.
#35  February 26, 2018, 12:16:47 am
I just said the other day I'm sticking around at least until you finish Nightwing :P
#36  February 26, 2018, 12:19:47 am
  • Raging Fist
I've been around mugen since forever, even was in the Phantom G group for a while, and winmugen plus was supreme. I saw 1.0 and 1.1 go into fruition later on. Man those early days of highschool I miss because even though some of the characters were old, they were fun. I still have that one Rugal where he can sacrifice a portion of his life to go Omega, tough as nails AI too.
#37  February 26, 2018, 12:31:07 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
#38  February 26, 2018, 01:54:36 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I'm sticking until the end of MUGEN, whenever that is.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#39  February 26, 2018, 08:31:24 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
The only i wish is that Mugen had this option which is like literally photoshop layer blanding options for stages, y´know? I put a Blue solid layer over ALL and then set something like "Blend = Overlay, screen, multiply, color burn, ect"

Other than that? Happy enoght with the current tools and the 1.1beta to stick around for more years.
#40  February 26, 2018, 10:50:15 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
If that happen (mugen dies)..I will blame idiots like tanicfan..they deserves NEVER touched mugen...
I'm not sure why you're calling out a random user for seemingly no reason, but it doesn't really matter how good of a reason you thought you had. Don't do it again.