YesNoOk

blazblue tag battle (Read 418674 times)

Started by c001357, July 16, 2017, 10:08:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: blazblue tag battle
#161  February 16, 2018, 06:36:25 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Crazy enough, Arc-Sys literally saved their own asses with even better quickness than Capcom ever could...

It's honestly maddening that Capcom, the company that people love to let it's mediocrity slide for the longest basically act as if they should while calling it a pity that Infinite suffered the way it did, but the very instant that people see and blow the fuck out of Cross Tag Battle, they immediately went damage control and fixed all the problems they could immediately.

I really got to give Arc-Sys mad props on this.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

lui

#162  February 16, 2018, 07:17:58 am
    • USA
uh, okay. don't see what capcom has to do with any of this but okay

people are still iffy on the dlc thing actually. the damage control is nice but people are still kinda miffed about the dlc even being a thing when everything should have been in launch especially considering most of it is re-used assets ranging from the stages to the sprites.

i know i am, but the free dlc thing and pricing does soften it a bit more.
#163  February 16, 2018, 08:15:44 am
  • The Goddess Returns
uh, okay. don't see what capcom has to do with any of this but okay

people are still iffy on the dlc thing actually. the damage control is nice but people are still kinda miffed about the dlc even being a thing when everything should have been in launch especially considering most of it is re-used assets ranging from the stages to the sprites.

i know i am, but the free dlc thing and pricing does soften it a bit more.

Because despite my discourse, I'm still miffed over SFV and Infinite's handlings because I really want to play those games, but I'm tired of Capcom's lazy attitude since SFxTK.

And I know people are still miffed on it and I don't blame them simply because Arc-Sys should have explained this immediately out of the gate and I have mentioned that before myself on quite a few occasions.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#164  February 16, 2018, 03:50:05 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm more dissapointed that this game is being rushed for the sake of EVO with Mori groveling for the audience to preorder the game in the EVO vid.

As for ENG dub, all I can hope for is Richard Epcar as Waldstein and Yuzuriha's dub to be less ear bleeding.
Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:00:44 pm by Kirishima
#165  February 16, 2018, 04:21:55 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I don't get it. How did Arcsys save themselves? They're selling a game that majorly reuses assets for 70 damn dollars.
#166  February 16, 2018, 05:44:53 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I don't get it. How did Arcsys save themselves? They're selling a game that majorly reuses assets for 70 damn dollars.

It might have something to do with the English dub or the pricing, I think. I agree with you in that it's not so much 'saving' themselves but rather, 'correcting' what could of been a horrible disaster. Granted, Arc System Works games are very well known for having tons of DLC content, usually in the form of content that has nothing to do with the game itself (voices, lobby avatars, colors, etc.) with the occasional character thrown in.

Here, it's 20 characters as DLC... well, make that 15. The first quarter of the DLC roster is going to be free, which is awesome. There's going to be a ton of extra content to go with this game as well, so this move is more or less 'correcting' the mistake they made when they said that half the roster is locked as DLC.
#167  February 16, 2018, 07:45:39 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Primarily because of
1. They most likely need to buy the rights to the Persona 4 characters and UNIEL characters as well since it's not their properties

2. Due to people wanting the English dub back for Blazblue and this could mean they will add dubs again for those games as well as Guilty Gear.

And let's be frank, with games coming out at 60$ AND a 30$+ Season Pass on release, this is at least good enough for me but I like how you miss I slightly rescanned my opinion and clarified myself a lot better.

#168  February 16, 2018, 08:16:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
When did selling asset dump games at full price become a bad thing? It was the standard for the longest time and is still done in 3D games by importing skeletons and animations anyway. Something they can't do in a 2D game
#169  February 16, 2018, 11:44:15 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
When did selling asset dump games at full price become a bad thing? It was the standard for the longest time and is still done in 3D games by importing skeletons and animations anyway. Something they can't do in a 2D game

I don't even know anymore to be frank. I think people believes it's super simple and thus it should be super cheap despite this never happending even in the past with the numerous SF2 updates to KOF sequels and whatever else.

#170  February 18, 2018, 11:28:08 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
P4A and Blazblue, IMO, will probably get reused audio from past iterations which I'm fine with.
I wouldn't mind this either.  I'm way too used to the voice clips from older games.  But since Mori wants to do a story for this game, and knowing thier story modes tend to be full voiced VNs, I'd imagine that they'd take the opportunity to record new battle voices while they're recording story voices.
#171  February 21, 2018, 01:14:05 pm

lui

#172  February 21, 2018, 05:25:06 pm
    • USA
doesnt look like anything new at all, just another visual novel-esque story mode im guessing.
#173  February 21, 2018, 08:43:37 pm
    • Canada
To be fair, we weren't fully sure how they would handle their story mode until now.  Whether we'd get a single story line like CF, several split stories like CP, or everyone having their own like CS&CT.

I also sorta assumed it would be like the Blazblue's VN story where everyone had their own VN portraits.  But the screenshots show them using their regular art instead.  I guess new portraits for the non-blazblue characters would be too good to be true.

Since they're going this route, I just realized the chances of seeing other characters as NPCs would be unlikely.
#174  February 22, 2018, 02:02:16 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
As long as they don't lock a character behind the story mode again.
#175  February 22, 2018, 03:08:54 am
Unless they're gonna forego the free DLC part on Yang and Blake and make them both into unlockables.
#176  February 22, 2018, 05:37:36 pm
#177  March 12, 2018, 03:42:40 am
  • "I'm...The Champion"
    • USA
If Blazblue Croos Tag Battle is going to be cannon,Then I interested to see how Ragna came back from the dead,Hazama and Azreal is back active,who is the new main protagonist,and who is going to be the boss of the game unless like BBCP,you could just face anybody.
#178  March 12, 2018, 04:59:52 am
    • Canada
#179  March 13, 2018, 09:25:27 am
Wrong, it's a separate continuity from the mainline Blazblue universe. Or should we say in Blazblue lingo, "another new possibility in the timeline."
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#180  March 13, 2018, 11:17:23 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB