YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 930854 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#561  September 21, 2020, 04:22:54 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
http://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/54/30032

Upcoming update this week.

Battle Card upgrades will go through some changes in how you level them up.  Now EXP and Skill level will be split and you will now have to use different class of cards to level them up individually.  The big change is that you will no longer have to rely on chance for a Skill level increase and can gain them up to its maximum level the same way on how you use EXP cards to get to Lv.25/30.

A new Battle Card combining system will be added soon.  If you have cards of a certain rank regardless of what it is, you can merge them both to get newer ones.  Unfortunately, this isn't possible with 6* Cards but it can be useful to get the seasonal Option cards this way.  Also, Awakening mode now unlocks additional slots for you to add more cards to your unit because this function isn't busted enough already.

New mode called "Dungeon of Trials" will also be added.  5 fighters alongside their strikers are allowed.  Can get high level Imprint Stones this way along with more goodies like Awakened EXP and Golden Hammers.

Finally, new Imprint Stones and Guild missions are in the works.

No word yet on any new units or cards this week.
#562  September 21, 2020, 08:36:02 pm
Oh sweet. Battle card management is really annoying, not enough inventory space, 400 cards sitting in my mail box and letting anything below 5* run out, the impossibility to sort the mail box to easily find the cards you care about, both of these problems leading to me mostly not bothering to upgrade shit.
They say the new slot is for special battle cards (but you can't use their skill) ? Why even. Just for the stats ? Because special battle card really don't do shit and there's really no point keeping multiple copies of the same battle card - or even to want to put someone else's special card in your slot.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#563  September 22, 2020, 12:01:03 am
They say the new slot is for special battle cards (but you can't use their skill) ? Why even. Just for the stats ?
If anything it's probably due to the Combat Power requirements in modes like the Elemental Dungeon where if your level isn't met, you'll get a damage reduction penalty regardless of what Attack stats you have. 

I saw a screenshot of someone's Zeroko having maxed out stats of over 70k CP at Awakened Lv.50 with Capsules and cards and even that isn't enough to get past the final part of the Element Dungeon.  This update will patch that to get past the penalty.

The downside is that I spent dupes to level up cards mostly from collabs and welp.
#564  September 22, 2020, 12:56:36 am
and even that isn't enough to get past the final part of the Element Dungeon.
Oh wow, great fucking job. I mean, I understand that they actually planned to give themselves some room for further evolution mechanics, that's fine and smart (see all the other modes that are stuck with lv90 challenge), but to do that and then just slap an extra card that does absolutely fuckall beside numbers, to overcome a totally arbitrary problem of numbers that they themselves created on purpose ? Thumbs up, guys, what a waste of development time. This is just to force you to push your inventory space to 500 slots or something (that's 7 cards per usable character, how many is that ?).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:07:41 am by Byakko
#565  September 23, 2020, 12:52:46 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I stopped paying the game more than a week ago. With the shitty awakening system, all these endless seasonal alt units made for the exact same female characters over and over again, and the r63 characters seemingly getting added every other week whose designs just get worse and worse with Lady Maxima being the worst yet (you just don't do my husbando dirty like that you fucks) that I just can't stand all of it anymore.

I actually liked some of these r63 characters like Lady Big and Lady Billy but the loli Zeros and Lady Maxima can go die in a fire. Also Lady Brian is literally just a blonde girl in a bikini and shoulder pads. How absolutely creative.

All that and everything else I hated with NetMarble's other game Marvel Future Fight. Call me when they announce KOFXV.
#566  September 23, 2020, 06:32:57 pm
Lady Brian is literally just a blonde girl in a bikini and shoulder pads. How absolutely creative.
Brian himself isn't that much better.  He is a just a dude in football gear who jobbed out to The Undertaker.  What I'm saying is he will forever be remember for having long blonde hair that fans will ransack the polls demanding her to be added in a future game.

Call me when they announce KOFXV.
Plot twist: The reason there was no KOFXV reveal in these last couple of months was that the term "KOFXV" is in fact a codename for a massive update for All Stars coming next year to celebrate their anniversary.

And Duck King still won't be invited.
#567  September 23, 2020, 07:55:20 pm
    • USA
do people hate Duck King that much?
#568  September 24, 2020, 08:29:18 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Ayyy

#569  September 24, 2020, 01:08:07 pm
Oh wow, Jenet is here too (but with the dumb show super and not the torpedo kicks).
And still no Omega Rugal 95.
Ugh, where are the event missions to get extra roulette tickets ? Edit - the official forum is going crazy about bugs everywhere.

edit again
Apparently the next leak is there with Lady Geese and finally Rashoumon for her special card.
And most surprisingly
She's wearing actual clothes.
Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:12:55 pm by Byakko
#570  September 24, 2020, 08:29:55 pm
Yea really REALLY big dud of an update.

-Skill XP is split and can only be leveled up with Skill XP Cards which are really hard to farm unless you have plenty of AP potions and even that isn't enough to get to full level.  Even 5* Skill XP cards need about 5 to fully complete at lv.9 to lv.10 and lower level card's gain rates are bad.  The accumulation is nice but doesn't change the fact the new system is a bigger grind than before and greatly encourages you to buy their XP level packs.

-3* and 4* cards are now useless.  Yes there's the combine feature to get a better 5* card but it's at 15% and you have no control over what you want it to be.  Afterwards you are stuck with a pointless 5* card that can't be used to enhance anything other than selling it for a pitiful 2k gold.  I really want to use them to level up my new 6* Akane cards and now I can't.

-New SP slots after Awakened stats has greatly crippled Collabs unless you were one of the 10 that decided to keep 2 of each SP for collective purposes during the collab time.  Awful.

-No point in playing Rite of Dungeon since the newer dungeons grant you better Imprint Stones and Hammers.  This can be fixed just by adding better rewards in their shops.

-Mass amounts of bugs and delays.  Earlier Omega Rugal 98's God Press was bugged and has since been hotfixed.

Also, World Drop Event is back allowing you to farm rubies or tickets for B.Jenet.

I rather take the old system than whatever this is for leveling up cards.  Good for Netmarble to keep reminding us how grimey they can be at times.

Apparently the next leak is there with Lady Geese and finally Rashoumon for her special card.
And most surprisingly
She's wearing actual clothes.
Until she starts removing her gi during the Rashoumon super because they can't help themselves.
#571  September 25, 2020, 12:51:00 pm

Lady Geese, but lv1 so no third skill / super / ultimate. Raigou Reppuuken as a special. I just hope Rashoumon's launcher is a hit and not a grab like Omega Rugal who CANNOT HIT GIANT BOSSES and is therefore a waste of space. Seriously, even his super is useless.
Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 12:54:35 pm by Byakko
#572  September 26, 2020, 01:29:25 am
Another datamine occured revealing FES Ryo XIV along with his new 5PG Card.  He already has his 3PG SP Card and his unqiue Option Card that gives him the ability to disable emergency rolls.  Also added is Benimaru 01/02 (unsure) and Andy '02 with K' and Kula getting new 3PG Cards that can also be used in their FES class.

Recently Netmarble has further acknowledged their recent hiccup so they have added more card gains in their weekly dungeon, yet it barely solves anything.  They also sent 20x 5* Skill XP of each type but it's strongly recommended not to spend them just yet until they resolve this issue.  It's a really big mess atm.
#573  September 26, 2020, 02:04:51 am
That leaker's facebook also shows Lady Geese's other skills as the grab > slam down > thunder, and Thunder Break for a super.
I was hoping the FES Ryo would be Mr Karate 2 from NGBC or MIRA. His skills better have actual usable effects.

The most annoying thing with the new card system I find is that duplicates are now completely useless, you can't use them to level up the skill. So leveling up skills just became that much harder, annoying, and longer, especially for ultimates (which I didn't think possible given how bad it was before). And just dump all the 3 and 4* into that useless merging system, which is equal to dumping them in the trash can. Also, fuck collab characters for the extra special battle card.
Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:15:57 am by Byakko
#574  September 26, 2020, 04:37:09 pm
So apparently as if this update can't get any worse, now in regards to Skill XP cards, they are restricted into their own class for XP gain.  Before, you could dump any card to one you want to level up.  Now, say you have 40 4* Option Skill XP.  As of this update, you can only use them for Option Cards and NOTHING else.  And visa versa for Set and Special.

The irony of all this is that the moderator of the KOFAS forums had said that this update was to make it more simpler for newcomers looking to pick up this game.  If anything, it became more complicated tenfold than before.  I feel bad for said moderator as they are being fed these lines without learning of the actual content itself.
#575  September 30, 2020, 02:08:41 am
lol Andy 01 was leaked some more, he's gold purple defense and he doesn't even deal bleed (even though his unique option card is bleed based). First two skills are, guess what, Hishouken and Kuuhadan.
Instant dump, I'm keeping my "rusty nail" 98 Andy. Why do they even bother making the exact same character yet again.
#576  September 30, 2020, 02:11:34 am
Bleh.  I got my hopes too high after saving a Rare Bleed Imprint Stone for Purple Defense class.  To Halloween Heidern it goes then.
#577  September 30, 2020, 05:35:47 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Man this new card level up system is trash as fuck.
Now im spending rubies to expand card space more than ever
#578  October 05, 2020, 03:14:28 pm
At the end of the last big event a couple months ago, I had 60 million gold.
I just hit 300k gold.
Give more fucking gold, Netmarble.
(also I just realized that 1* and 2* cards still exist. Zero purpose left.)
#579  October 05, 2020, 05:08:08 pm

Sharon Stone Larxene Lady Geese is out and ridiculously strong because why not.  I find it funny that the whole package system got reduced from 6 to 4 because no one is sane enough to nab them all.  Likewise, it's optional to buy the package if you are desperate enough for this unit since she is in the normal pool along with her SP Card.

At the end of the last big event a couple months ago, I had 60 million gold.
I just hit 300k gold.
Give more fucking gold, Netmarble.
(also I just realized that 1* and 2* cards still exist. Zero purpose left.)
Not true you can sell those for a peasly coin gain the size of an ant and aaaaaahhhh

There's also the daily bundle that grants you over 1.5 mil Gold and if you are lucky 3mil or 4mil.  Yea it's random but enough to level up cores and awakening for one unit.  Keyword being one.

What I'm trying to say is the next event cannot arrive soon.
#580  October 12, 2020, 05:48:44 am
Ryo XIV will be the next FES Unit to be added in the pool come 10/15.

Also, there is currently a Gold/Core fest that greatly enhances item rate and will last up to 10/22.  Usually a major event will arrive after the item boost ends.  It's worth noting that next week will mark 1 year when KOFAS launched in Global so it is currently unsure if an anniversary or a collab event will happen next week.  Could be both too.