YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 805189 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#561  February 21, 2021, 02:53:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Actually I'm hyped by the fact she IS here, but just like all the characters until now, the animations are not particularly good. Just so so.
Also, I'm glad they didn't f*ck'd up with her design. She's perfect, even if I would give her a bit more "curves" :D
#562  February 21, 2021, 03:08:21 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
I would have liked to see an improvement on her visual gameplay
Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:13:25 pm by yaret
#563  February 21, 2021, 03:14:19 pm
    • Mexico
After 18 years, the waifu finally returns
#564  February 21, 2021, 03:39:49 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Here I was expecting what kind of funky FX these madlads injected this time but we gotta wait a bit longer for the end result.  Calling it now that Chizuru could now create liquid nitrogen in the way Iori causes scalding water geysers and Kyo summoning lava with his bare hands.
#565  February 21, 2021, 04:26:52 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
After watched the trailer again.

- Her design is great. Thank God SNK won't messed up with that. :v
- The new stage showed is pretty much the Japan Team's one from KOF '94 and looks amazing.
Spoiler: Screens (click to see content)
- Chizuru's moves looks good. Only the envshake on Sanrai No Fujin looks damn strange.

And well, glad that Chizuru is back for real and finally the Sacred Treasures as a team, not only a special formation for the story like in KOF '96, '97 and 2003 (to make clear, in KOF 2003 Kyo, Iori and Chizuru are single entries).
Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:41:50 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#566  February 21, 2021, 06:13:13 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Can't wait to see next reveal!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#567  February 21, 2021, 08:15:20 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I like how this is the trailer that just cemented the hype for KOF XV lol

This game has now skyrocketed to “I need this in my life” levels
#568  February 22, 2021, 12:01:54 am
    • Argentina
I do not know how many differences the version of 98 will have with the one of 2003
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#569  February 22, 2021, 12:05:22 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Its the same Chizuru as she's always been.

Seems her climax will work like that move Piccolo uses against #17 in DBZ.
#570  February 22, 2021, 12:10:42 am
    • Mexico
Seeing the Chizuru trailer over and over again just makes me think that Luong is basically ghetto Chizuru in terms of design (not gameplay).
#571  February 22, 2021, 12:25:27 am
The other day I watched the similar comparison for Kyo XV next to Kyo XIV. Absolutely identical. The fresh coat of paint is real nice, it's good to get a graphic design that's watchable, but clearly we already know the entire moveset and game plan of any character that will appear, so someone wake me up when there's something we haven't already seen in a previous game. I'll be right next to the pieces of my expectations for this revival game.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:34:35 am by Byakko
#572  February 22, 2021, 12:36:15 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Well this is a super pleasant surprise. Excitement for this game has to be higher than ever especially for Chizuru mains.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#573  February 22, 2021, 01:24:28 am
    • Mexico
I must reiterate that I would love to see that Kensou-Angel team up. Screw Athena, Kensou needs to be more than just some dude that Athena eternally leaves in the friendzone.

(also if this game could somehow continue the dragon spirit plot that would be great)
#574  February 22, 2021, 01:58:54 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I really wish they would try new things and redesign their characters, even if it were just movesets. Nice to see Chizuru back though.
#575  February 22, 2021, 02:03:36 am
    • USA
I really wish they would try new things and redesign their characters, even if it were just movesets. Nice to see Chizuru back though.

I'm personally content seeing the iconic designs coming to life in 3D. Street Fighter V has turned me away from heavy redesigns of iconic characters lol
#576  February 22, 2021, 02:04:24 am
Street Fighter V has turned me away from heavy redesigns of iconic characters lol
But SFV also has classic costumes for everyone. And KoF is already bringing new designs for Kyo, Iori, Beni, and even Joe gets a new pair of shorts. (Kyo is much closer to his classic design than the XIV version, sure, but it's still a way off from the school uniform)
(alright, Iori getting a new velvet jacket is not as jarring as Gouki becoming a lion for some fucking reason, but the nostalgia costumes are there in SFV)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:13:24 am by Byakko
#577  February 22, 2021, 02:13:42 am
    • USA
But SFV also has classic costumes for everyone. And KoF is already bringing new designs for Kyo, Iori, Beni, and even Joe gets a new pair of shorts. (Kyo is much closer to his classic design than the XIV version, sure, but it's still a way off from the school uniform)

While those are good points, the classic costumes aren't the defaults. The characters are represented by their default looks. And while I recognize both games are making changes, SFV's changes make the characters feel too different to me. KOF XV's changes feel nice enough that it comes off as a more proper evolution. It did right what KOF XIV did wrong.
#578  February 22, 2021, 05:49:34 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i don't personally understand the appeal of seeing the same designs for several decades straight.

i also dont see any "evolution" in the designs of XV, its just correcting (to a point) the awful gfx decisions they made.
#579  February 22, 2021, 06:03:26 am
    • USA
i don't personally understand the appeal of seeing the same designs for several decades straight.

i also dont see any "evolution" in the designs of XV, its just correcting (to a point) the awful gfx decisions they made.

It's a matter of preference I suppose. I honestly prefer how XV is handling it (aside from Shun'ei but that's old news) and I think it looks great.

But to each their own, you're entitled to your own opinion as much as I am mine. <3
#580  February 22, 2021, 03:22:40 pm
  • SNK is life
There's more to this than just "shaders" or graphics.

KOF XV is definitely showing a very clear direction in terms of design. The colors are purposefully saturated, meaning to be more vibrant to give a fresh look, and in my opinion, they're pulling it off very well. Whether it is the Hero/China stage with the Red columns contrasting the Blue backdrop, or the characters having dark/black garments to make the color accents more noticeable, you can totally tell there's a clear art direction. I LIKE THAT.

Well this is a super pleasant surprise. Excitement for this game has to be higher than ever especially for Chizuru mains.
I can confirm as a Chizuru enthusiast, 'tis a good time to be alive