YesNoOk

Samurai Shodown - Bathed in Blood (Read 22148 times)

Started by VGames, July 16, 2013, 12:44:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Samurai Shodown - Bathed in Blood
#61  August 18, 2013, 05:24:33 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Err... despite Zankuro being one of the Bad Guys, his role is more of finding a Worthy Opponent.

On the other hand, I like the details!
The Dragon is here!
#62  August 18, 2013, 06:12:51 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
like i said since im combining characters from all 4 sam sho games i have to make up a different story that still keeps a lot of the original elements. so the bosses storylines have to mesh in order to meet a common goal.

bring ambrosia to this world.
#63  August 27, 2013, 06:16:14 am
  • Developer of Samurai Shodown: Rebirth by Blood
Being a SS fan I find this intriguing, but not quite impressed.  Why are there cameos from other games aside from SS?  Why isn't this using the rage gauge system SS is known for?  Why not use some of the better things from Samurai Shodown 5 Special?  Why does the window pretty much show the entire stage without being entirely zoomed out?

I'm also of the notion that SS needs to have its image repaired after the last couple god awful games it had, SS6 and Sen, but there has to be some consistency in order to make it look like a legit SS game instead of just something with a bunch of existing things pasted together.  I've had a project brewing since 2005 and I'm in the process of updating it for 1.1.  I'll throw it onto a separate topic when I'm ready.
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:49:01 pm by Abster
#64  August 27, 2013, 12:17:47 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
OMG, I haven't seen this O.O

I love what I see, I'm a fan of this :D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#65  August 27, 2013, 04:14:31 pm
    • USA
@ abster
why dont we work together? i still need help with characters. we could make an epic sam sho game.

the cameo is only in the intro and its to show how much better sam sho is then last blade which i never liked. i dont like the rage gauge i prefer the capcom style multiple super bars. the stage pics are fully zoomed out ingame but the pics dont show the full stage. i didnt want the stages to zoom all the way out. i never said i wasnt going to use features from sam sho 5. im making something simple to get the hang of this. ill add more later.

please help out of you can. i have the stages and the screenpack already done. i just need some balanced characters. itll take me longer without some good help.

and dont think im not thinking of consistency. this game so far bleeds nothing but sam sho. it just has better gameplay imho.
@ mr snitch
thanks and glad you like it.
#66  August 27, 2013, 05:28:27 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Finally, a Samurai Shodown M.U.G.E.N. project is in the works. We have waited long and hard for it.
#67  August 27, 2013, 05:38:30 pm
    • USA
so have i thats why i started this game. if i had some help this would get done so much faster. im looking at u Abster. lets join forces and rip this game a new one.
#68  August 27, 2013, 08:14:29 pm

Be careful what you ask for. :)
#69  August 27, 2013, 09:45:41 pm
    • USA
im always careful.
what do you say? you know what im trying to do with this game and youve seen what i got done already. join me.
#70  August 27, 2013, 09:54:10 pm
My ideas for a SS game are a bit different than yours though.  Just give me a little bit and I'll post about my game.  I'm fine working with ya on a SS game but I'm unsure as to exactly which ways.
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:57:42 pm by Abster
#71  August 27, 2013, 09:58:27 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Well, if both are interessted in joining forces, and both have similar ideas, you can both discuss it with one another... Maybe the things Abster liker could work fine with the ones of vgames? and it could make it even better? hmm.. This could get real interessting.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#72  August 27, 2013, 10:15:12 pm
    • USA
i dont mind going the way you want. more traditional sam sho with the rage gauge amd what not. i dont mind. i just need good balanced characters that mesh well together and have the same gameplay features. what i really want is for these characters to kill each other at the end of a match no matter what moves they use. i want every move that should kill someone to kill them. thats it. and i want it gory amd bloody. i can handle the art i just need help coding. and i plan on learning more and helping with it. so its not all on you when it comes to characters. just post what you got in this thread. i feel that this is gonna work because im not set on the gameplay mechanics at all. as for my stages and screen pack that stuff stays. i hope you can understand that. although i do like your lifebars. very nice work.
#73  August 27, 2013, 10:26:31 pm
I've only got 4 characters for my project so far.  I'd throw up something once I made 5.  These characters are all made by me from the ground up.  Haohmaru, Genjuro, Nakoruru, Cham Cham.  For number 5 I was thinking Hanzo or Iroha but I'd need custom sprites for both characters.
#74  August 27, 2013, 10:59:40 pm
    • USA
youll never finish doing it that way. ive seen several games get started and die because they were trying to make all the characters from scratch and only one person was doing all the work. why not find some characters that are already made and edit the crap out of them to fit your needs. theres no shame in it. youre obviously good since you got 4 already done. so just find others that are made and edit them to fit the same gameplay style as the ones youve finished. you said it yourself that youve been working on this since 2005. and you only got 4 characters done. i think youre biting off too much for one person.

but i dont want sam sho 5 characters in this game. only 1 through 4. i hope u understand that i dont like sam sho 5 and 6.

so are u with me or what?
#75  August 27, 2013, 11:13:08 pm
I've essentially been making one character a year.  Cham Cham in 05, Nako in 06, Haohmaru in 07 and Genjuro in 08.  I took a break from the project in 09 because I started on my Constancy: Roa project, but have gotten inspiration to go back to the project recently.  I work at a better pace than you realize.  Right now I'm putting together the fightfx file.
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:20:03 pm by Abster
#76  August 27, 2013, 11:22:56 pm
    • USA
Ok so are you saying that if you join this project then you'll get on the characters full force? :P

Seriously though there's no need to make these characters from the ground up like you are doing. Nobody will think less of you. Just make sure you credit the guy that made the character you are editing. We all know you got what it takes to make characters from scratch. Take an easier smarter path and lets get this done faster so we can have an awesome Sam Sho game minus all the stuff we don't like.

So are you in?

That fightFX thing you said is music to my ears. Been trying to get that together myself but keep getting distracted.
#77  August 28, 2013, 03:13:03 am
I'm not into the notion of taking other characters and editing them to my liking although that would technically be easier.  I've seen in many SS character conversions that are lacking a significant number of frames, or have gameplay that is too different to standard SS gameplay.  I went to war on certain forums over SS Tenka's butchering of SS's mature image, but putting Mortal Kombat as a primary form of inspiration for the project is kinda missing the point since the lack of violence is far from the only thing wrong with it.

I don't want to join anyone else until I show everyone what my SS game is about.
Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:33:35 am by Abster
#78  August 28, 2013, 03:25:36 am
  • For honor!
I'm not into the notion of taking other characters and editing them to my liking although that would technically be easier.  I've seen in many SS character conversions that are lacking a significant number of frames, or have gameplay that is too different to standard SS gameplay. 
That's almost every single Samurai Shodown character made for MUGEN. Welcome to my hell.
Iroha stripped for me
#79  August 28, 2013, 03:55:23 am
    • USA
I'm not into the notion of taking other characters and editing them to my liking although that would technically be easier.  I've seen in many SS character conversions that are lacking a significant number of frames, or have gameplay that is too different to standard SS gameplay.  I went to war on certain forums over SS Tenka's butchering of SS's mature image, but putting Mortal Kombat as a primary form of inspiration for the project is kinda missing the point since the lack of violence is far from the only thing wrong with it.

I don't want to join anyone else until I show everyone what my SS game is about.

Well suit yourself. But I don't see why you won't join me. I'm not against making a great traditional Sam Sho game with characters made from the ground up. It's just that it's gonna take a lot longer then I'd like it too. And I don't see why you can't build off of already made characters. Make them work right. It's that easy as long as you know what you are doing. And I'm sure you do.

Hope you join me eventually. I don't see why there should be more then one Sam Sho game when everybody is just looking for one epic Sam Sho game for Mugen. Seems pointless for us not to work together when we're both trying to do something great. You want a traditional Sam Sho game with all the best gameplay features and I just want a bloodier more graphic Sam Sho experience. Seems like we should be on the same team.

Plus my stages rock! You know they do. I'm excited every time I look at them. :P

Good luck.
#80  August 28, 2013, 04:01:44 am
Well, keep in touch somehow.  I'd like to show you more of my game before we start to really snug together.  I sent you a pm regarding my game.
Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:23:38 am by Abster