YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1285991 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#141  March 24, 2020, 07:09:50 pm
What you're referring to are "opinions"
No, I'm referring to people deciding what facts to use and what other facts not to use, so that they can justify their opinion.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#142  March 24, 2020, 07:13:15 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
What's compelling you to use that as a name instead of the many other names it has ? Coronavirus, Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2. If you wanted to go by where it came from, you could even call it the Wuhan virus. But no, let's not use any of that, let's not use its actual birthplace, let's use a much broader term for no real reason (and pretend that this is more fitting to designate as its birthplace rather than Wuhan), no matter how you try to justify it after the fact.
This is a decision you made, and it's very easy for anyone who hears that to form a conclusion on why you made that decision.
How do you not get that this is a conclusion people wil inevitably make about you, no matter how you try to explain to them that you are only driven by facts and logic (which you're cherry-picking) ?

So you basically accuse me of cherry-picking when I just provided you with MULTIPLE cases that the scientific community decided to coin certain diseases based on its origins and yet I'm the bad guy?

ROFL, I think you need to learn how and why science names things as it is. That's why I used AKA for clarification.

and FYI, I use COVID-19 cuz it's the shortest and the simplest.
Five capital letters with two numbers are much easier to write than "Coronavirus" or "Wuhan Virus"  ;D
#143  March 24, 2020, 07:18:27 pm
What ? Nothing of what I said is directed at you specifically. It's a generic "you". In this case, it's about JKA, but I don't even care and I'm not even calling him xenophobic. I'm just saying it's obvious people might take what he says as xenophobic.
So you basically accuse me of cherry-picking when I just provided you with MULTIPLE cases that the scientific community decided to coin certain diseases based on its origins
But they didn't do that for this one, they gave it multiple actual names and none of them are based on its point of origin.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#144  March 24, 2020, 07:22:33 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I though, based on your logic: "There's no such thing as stating facts, especially on the Internet. People only say things for a specific reason, and only ever cherry pick the facts that suit what they want to say." clearly goes againt mine so therefore, I kind of automatically grouped myself as the "you", but since you've cleared it up it's fine.

What JKA was doing was spreading propaganda, and whether it's true or not, he needs strong evidence and proof to justify his claims. FYI, still not xenophobic though.

And regarding naming part: No, they didn't but just because the community (which they did numerously in the past) didn't do it for COVID-19, doesn't deny the fact that Wuhan, China was the source of the virus.
#145  March 24, 2020, 07:54:30 pm
    • Canada
What you're referring to are "opinions"
No, I'm referring to people deciding what facts to use and what other facts not to use, so that they can justify their opinion.

Umm... that's what discussions are for. Again, doesn't make what he said any less factual or even hateful if it's based on truth. You coming off like a pompous jackass is more factual based on your own logic, but again that's a matter of opinion and discussion. Just my two cents.
#146  March 25, 2020, 06:01:33 am
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
Guys, if you called COVID-19 "Chinese virus", you're at the same level at Trump. Do you wanna be like Trump? Please, if you don't, don't call corona virus "Chinese virus" again.

Thank you, wash your hands, stay inside if you can, and please for the love of Arceus, take this shit seriously.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549
#147  March 25, 2020, 07:50:55 am
  • all is love in fair and war
This thread has become painful to read, let's come back to sharing your daily experience
come on Byakko stop posing as official spokeperson and moderator of covid-19 thread, just share your daily experience like others

today a truck spraying what smell like Lysol or pinesol in front of our house, left random droplets over my freshly washed car in my carport, and I'm sure plants in my garden would have yellow burnmarks by tomorrow, amidst society in "panic" this kind of placebo helps to calm the housewives I can understand that, but can't help to feel how dumb the method was.
#148  March 25, 2020, 09:22:50 am
#149  March 25, 2020, 10:45:32 am
would be more interesting to read what you experience or recent development there in your day to day live in your country or nothern europe in general

#150  March 25, 2020, 04:38:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, people want to turn it into a classes fight there.

This weekend ,in the middle of the quarantine, the president held a public vote to cancel the contract of an international beer company so it does not open in mexico; ofc, his party won. The previous week, his party changed the constitution so reelection of congress member is now legal. The owner of the bank the president uses to  distribute government help spoke on national tv yesterday (his tv station of course) about how covid is not deadly and people should stop the quarantine and go back to work; of course, eh insulted the parties opossed to the government party.

For more context the mexican president has been denying covid to be a problem, he even mentioned that mexico should not take measures until we had the same problems as spain or italy. The places where measures have been taken are states governed by the oposition of the federal government.
#151  March 25, 2020, 07:18:25 pm
and here i thought my government is fucked up. at least when shit goes down they know what to do.

well my city is on level 4 lock down as of today. top hospitals are on red alert. our district is considering closing all borders except for the main road connecting to the main city and other cities. town folks are organizing and barring the streets and rerouting traffic so we can easily secure anbd monitor who goes in and out our streets. by 8pm only handful of people are roaming in the streets shops are closed at 6pm.

good thing my town is pretty much isolated from the rest of the city , local officials can easily gate keep our whole district if it's necessary.

down south in the islands life is pretty much normal , they closed off all the piers since february only select ships are to be let in. that's a sigh of relief for me if it goes all south in the mainland i know my family is safe.
Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:32:35 pm by 地獄の花
#152  March 25, 2020, 09:28:18 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
For more context the mexican president has been denying covid to be a problem, he even mentioned that mexico should not take measures until we had the same problems as spain or italy. The places where measures have been taken are states governed by the oposition of the federal government.

I don't like the president we have either, but since when did AMLO become the mexican equivalent of Bolsonaro? I certainly lost faith on the right. Can't trust on them anymore after Drunkard Calderon and that closet moron of Peña ruined the country.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#153  March 26, 2020, 12:03:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I don't like the president we have either, but since when did AMLO become the mexican equivalent of Bolsonaro? I certainly lost faith on the right. Can't trust on them anymore after Drunkard Calderon and that closet moron of Peña ruined the country.

What does that have to do with the right ? Calderon's party is still to the left of usa democrats, and pri (peña) is a left party.
#154  March 26, 2020, 12:29:52 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Leave politics and propaganda out of this please.
#155  March 26, 2020, 12:46:20 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
We shut down last night. Just about everything is closed. No difference to my life just yet and will be interesting to see how this affects the spread. We're on 200 confirmed. Itll go up but how far and for how long are different questions.

Am hoping its dead quickly but borders stay locked off for a bit as tourists will totally bring it back at the moment

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#156  March 26, 2020, 04:34:30 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Officially announced yesterday that today at 8am, our state went into the "Safer at Home" order. It's effective until April 24th, or until further notice. Can't leave the house unless you need essentials, and hospital help. Going for walks and social distancing (6 feet apart in public) is fine. Still have to pay bills and rent, though, which is absolute bullshit. I ain't risking jail time just because you need my money that badly. Still gotta pay, though >..<

And yes, the jail time is an actual clause in the order. 30 day jail time or $250 fine. All jails here have Covid-19 with improper distancing between other inmates and I can't afford $250 in fines right now. We got a shitty governor. Plus, the government issue stimpacks aren't even in circulation yet. Hell, they're still trying to figure them out, even though they were able to pay 1.5 trillion in bailouts for the poor, defenseless bankers on Wall Street no problem.
#157  March 26, 2020, 02:35:58 pm
I just heard siren for night curfew, from my room I heard people on the road are ordered to go home and stay home through megaphone.
also heard from my sister their pizza restaurant is also closed by 8pm , I don't know if it is just a suggestion or would be actively monitored.

I haven't eat... and just find out I'm out of bread, I guess dinner with rice then. :P
#158  March 26, 2020, 09:22:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, all food places here have changed to take out only, the ones who can't adapt to that are closing.
#159  March 27, 2020, 01:16:54 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Here finally various Santiago's counties have been declared in quarentine, as well some other major cities, but still not in the rest of my country. After getting 1100 cases aprox and 3 deaths until now. Also apart of the curfew, public transport (metro and buses) close at 6pm as well most of the places to shop (food included)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#160  March 27, 2020, 01:29:23 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Not much changed where I am. Still no confirmed cases in my county as of writing. Our office lobby has to be closed as of 8 PM this evening, so it's gonna be a lot less noisy anyway. I really hope we don't get ordered to shut down, cuz the last thing I wanna do is work from home.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.