YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1231359 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Nakoruru added)
#321  April 17, 2022, 07:48:42 am
solid character but can we have a volume control on that bird?
#322  April 17, 2022, 08:44:21 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#323  April 17, 2022, 04:27:45 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Nice. New updates.  :)

Found some more things:

- Pocket Shin Gouki: When you switch sides at the beginning of his Ashura Senkuu (any version), Gouki will warp towards the wrong direction. (Regular Shin Gouki doesn't seem to have this problem, or at least I didn't encounter it yet).

- Morrigan: I don't know what causes this, but sometimes, her grounded Darkness Illusion will cause a KO before the last hit: https://streamable.com/8vcva5
At least it's just cosmetic.

- Nakoruru: Just a minor thing about her in-game movelist: Her Kamui Fumu Kesupu (aerial d+HK) doesn't show that it has to be performed in the air.
#324  April 17, 2022, 05:20:12 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#325  April 17, 2022, 07:28:22 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
solid character but can we have a volume control on that bird?
I'll lower it a bit more. It's annoying when you're practicing (don't use her as a dummy!) but in a match it's not that bad.

- Pocket Shin Gouki: When you switch sides at the beginning of his Ashura Senkuu (any version), Gouki will warp towards the wrong direction. (Regular Shin Gouki doesn't seem to have this problem, or at least I didn't encounter it yet).
They should both have that problem because the direction code is about the same. But I'm not sure it can or has to be solved. When you switch sides your F inputs suddenly become B and vice-versa. With Shoryuken for instance the move just won't come out, but with Ashura Senkuu you'll do it backwards. I just checked and the same thing happens in SFA3.

- Morrigan: I don't know what causes this, but sometimes, her grounded Darkness Illusion will cause a KO before the last hit: https://streamable.com/8vcva5
At least it's just cosmetic.
Took me a bit to figure out what was happening, but in the end I was able to improve a piece of code in all of my (older) chars. Thanks for pointing it out.

- Nakoruru: Just a minor thing about her in-game movelist: Her Kamui Fumu Kesupu (aerial d+HK) doesn't show that it has to be performed in the air.
That's not as bad as usual at least. ;P

Curious as to why you didn't use her CS'ed sprites unless you weren't aware of their existence.
I didn't know it existed since I'm mostly oblivious to about 12 years of Mugen content. But to be honest I don't like working with sprites that are separated to that extent. Which is funny when you think about it.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#326  April 17, 2022, 08:00:54 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
The problem with Pocket Gouki's Ashura Senkuu isn't an input problem, though, as by the time the side switch happens, the input is already done.
No, the problem is that, when the sides switch while Gouki is "charging" his warp, Gouki will turn around to face his opponent before doing the actual warp, resulting him to go in the wrong direction.

So, in this case for example, I performed a forward warp, then the characters switch sides while Gouki is charging. Frame by frame (or just by watching the after images), you can see him turn around before moving on to the actual warp part of the move: https://streamable.com/2n8j2f

Now, it's been a while since I've played SFA3, so maybe it was like that there, too. Still can't say it doesn't feel weird every time it happens.
#327  April 17, 2022, 08:21:37 pm
    • Portugal
Ah, I see exactly what you mean now. Sorry. It's fixed. :) Also fixed the fact Gouki can be pushed at the start of the move.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.

DW

#328  April 18, 2022, 03:43:56 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Thanks for the config added to remove stun. Not the biggest fan of that mechanic, so I very much appreciate you including the option of removing it. I just got Yuri and was playing turns mode; she gains controls when she lands from hopping in before the round starts.
#329  April 18, 2022, 04:57:02 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks for pointing that out. It's not happening in the version I have, but I think it's because of something I removed.

That bug is actually more interesting than a forgotten ctrl = 1. :XD: My characters changed to state 50 when they were in state 0 but not in Pos Y 0, to prevent bugs. Turns out that the turns intro did not set them to Pos 0, so at the end of it I guess they went to state 50 and gained ctrl early. I had just removed that changestate because I think it will cause issues with interactive stages in Ikemen.
#330  April 18, 2022, 10:59:29 pm
#331  April 20, 2022, 11:01:42 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
#332  April 23, 2022, 10:38:40 am
    • Portugal
Thanks again. It's because of the custom jump physics. I found other unrelated bugs as well, so today he gets a new update.
#333  April 24, 2022, 04:44:04 am
  • Niigasan
Wow I can't believe the man himself his back. I hope you realize how much you've kept this community alive with your style. Its literally the best in mugen. I myself have made some characters in a pseudo style like yours but a bit more loose. Its really crazy that your back wow
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Cammy and Honda added)
#334  April 24, 2022, 05:18:24 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks. I'm sure many people would disagree but I'll take the compliment. ;D

A few updates today:

Morrigan
- Toni sent me some win poses he sprited, so this update is pretty much to include them

Nash
- Made Shadow mode a bit crazier

Cammy
- The updates have slowed down lately, so I'm just sharing it now instead of keeping it to myself. Nothing drastic, like Geese's update

Honda
- Same thing as Cammy

With that I think all the main characters are updated, so I'm moving this to the release section. I'd still very much like to hear your feedback, though.
#335  April 24, 2022, 06:16:04 pm
Thank you for the updates POTS.

Noticed something with the inputs again.

Lets say with Cammy, I jump in with an HK and im holding fwd to hit a close standing HP and then press the command for her EX drill the ground one not the DP, I will always get the DP.

With Dan, if I jump in HK then to a close HP and then try to do an EX tatsu I will always get his hyper where he bounces the OP from the wall if I have bar ofc.
Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:09:23 pm by PeXXeR
#336  April 24, 2022, 07:03:43 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Wow I can't believe the man himself his back. I hope you realize how much you've kept this community alive with your style. Its literally the best in mugen.

I second this. Thank you for your work, and recent updates.  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#337  April 24, 2022, 08:14:57 pm
    • Portugal

Lets say with Cammy, I jump in with an HK and im holding fwd to hit a close standing HP and then press the command for her EX drill the ground one not the DP, I will always get the DP.
This is because DP's in general always have more priority that QCF inputs. The more complex an input is, the more it will override simpler inputs.

With Dan, if I jump in HK then to a close HP and then try to do an EX tatsu I will always get his hyper where he bounces the OP from the wall if I have bar ofc.
This one I can't recreate. Unless you mean also holding forward before the EX tatsu.
#338  April 24, 2022, 08:30:16 pm

This is because DP's in general always have more priority that QCF inputs. The more complex an input is, the more it will override simpler inputs.

This one I can't recreate. Unless you mean also holding forward before the EX tatsu.

For both cases I am holding fwd all the time, while I understand its not a fair comparison, Capom and SNK fighters don't have issues like that when it comes to using a keyboard. SNK even has the keyboard shortcuts, I think Capcom too but its been a bit since I played a proper PC Capcom release.

I decided to check on some Vans, Divine Wolf, Jmorphman chars to see if they have any issues like that and I was able to link with no issues.
Yes I know they use a different way to detected inputs but I wanted a mugen example just so im sure I am not moving mad.

As for Dan, even if I let go of FWD he still does it, lets say close HP to EX tatsu I still get his hyper the moment I let go of fwd and punch and input the ex tatsu, even if I am not holding fwd I still get it.

I hope this makes sense, if not I can try to record my inputs using one of them on-screen keyboards.

EDIT:
Strangely enough, your Morrigan does not have the Dan issue.
However, Dan's hyper the way I do it on KB is fwd,down,back.
Morrigan is just down back and kicks.
Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:36:39 pm by PeXXeR
#339  April 24, 2022, 08:44:21 pm
    • Portugal
I see. I think I've figured out what you mean. Sorry but I think you got used to doing it wrong. :XD:

I ran some quick tests in SFA3, CvS2 and KOF2002 (since you brought up Vans), and if you do the type of combo you mentioned in those games you'll always get the DP. This also seems to be the case with Vans's chars, but with Explodsive you'll get the QCF oddly enough.

You can drop the jump-in and just do hold forward and cancel a normal into a QCF special to test this more reliably.

However, Dan's hyper the way I do it on KB is fwd,down,back.
Morrigan is just down back and kicks.
Yeah as for the Dan example it's because my chars accept simply "F, D, B" as half circles. I can either make half circles harder to do, which would do more harm than good, or change the input for that super (any suggestion?).
Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:47:59 pm by PotS
#340  April 24, 2022, 09:07:16 pm
Ah I see, I have all these games on steam or mame or whatever but was to lazy to test and im going of memory.
Thanks for letting me know about the DP.

Ill grab the steam version of KOF 2002UM to confirm if I get the same thing as well.

If its okay with you for the Dan hyper, instead of removing the shortcuts I would just move the hyper to a down back normal motion.
I think that will resolve it.

Edit: Just tested KOF2K2UM on PC and yeah, you are correct about the DP, I tested using Benimaru cause he has his DP on the legs but also has that DF Knee thing.

If I hold FWD I get the DP, if I dont hold FWD I get the knee.

Testing Jman's Beni, I will always get the knee, if I wanted the DP, I have to do the full command.
Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:26:47 pm by PeXXeR