YesNoOk

TMNT Characters Updated & Bebop Beta Released (Read 18898 times)

Started by Dcat, April 21, 2020, 08:49:53 am
Share this topic:
TMNT Characters Updated & Bebop Beta Released
New #1  April 21, 2020, 08:49:53 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Hey guys thought I'd drop these sooner but there's been technical issues.

Special Thanks to Warner for his pioneering Hand-drawn Bebop tons of ideas for his gameplay were inspired by your creation my friend. Tortuglio for his Human Bebop and Human Rocksteady custom Spritework. Special thanks to Oldmanwinters, HalfShell, The Ninjinister from the Technodrome Forums for Idea Engineering, Iced, DW, MajinKaine and all the other beta testers for spending their time with him, and the rest of you guys for being as patient as you've been.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Bebop is incomplete, still doesn't have his Hyper Attack, but he has 3 Supers, a whole mess of normals, specials, and grabs to fool around with that should provide plenty of fun, plus a VERY VERY dumb/rudimentary AI that I coded. If anybody wants to patch him, be my guest. Included his JB Smoove Voice if you select the 6th or 12th palette slot for some funny NSFW quotes.

Made the RETROMUTATION list a separate State File. If you have a character and want it to use one of Bebop, or Shredder's pre-packaged anims  for their Transformed state, add their name to the list. there's gotta be a way to crowd source this so that the list gets universally updated and all/most characters are covered by a custom transformed animation.

Raphael, Donatello, Mikey & Leonardo have all been greatly updated. Added Classic attacks from previous video game iterations, more specials, More EX Moves, special TURTLE POWER EX Moves (Press HK + HP, -500 Power), graphical improvements to supers and game-play tweaks, for longer combos, greater air and the like.

Also updated Shredder, fixed his Foot Clan Air Super & added another Air Super. Can now perform more Foot Clan Assists per combo. Also I added a tweak to the config file so you can have the AI never use Super Shredder, useful for beginners.

I'll keep links to my old versions of these characters in case  people don't respond well to the new updates. As always feedback is appreciated and fixes will be praised, it may be awhile before I address the bugs. Get 'em and go have some fun!!

My TMNT characters are only supported on M.U.G.E.N. 1.0. If you're trying to use them in WinMugen, they won't work and the game will crash.

Download MUGEN 1.0 here

NEW UPDATED TMNT FOLDER

BEBOP
UPDATED Donatello
UPDATED Raphael
UPDATED Leonardo
UPDATED Michelangelo
UPDATED Shredder
UPDATED Krang

OLD TMNT FOLDER
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 11:35:21 pm by Dcat
Re: TMNT Characters Updated & Bebop Beta Released
#2  April 21, 2020, 10:45:32 am
been waiting on Bebop and Rocksteady for years... gonna check him out

Don’t even care that he’s incomplete lol
Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:26:21 pm by dakidbanks
#3  April 21, 2020, 08:02:14 pm
*tear* I've been checking your youtube channel every 2 weeks just to see another W.I.P. of that guy. Thanks for the hard work! Will test out.... Also, Do you have a Pal template for Bebop and the turtles? id like to make a few pals for them.
#4  April 21, 2020, 09:56:11 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
You did an excellent job with these characters.
Some feedback:
-Not all of the moves are listed in the character's readme files. And some of them still have the old commands (Donatello's air throws, Bebop's Clutter Bomb, and Shredder's Foot Storm).
-Raphael's counter cannot be activated.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#5  April 21, 2020, 11:11:47 pm
I'll have to buckle down and update those ReadMe files one of these days...

Raphael's counters should ALL work. Hold Back or Forward while pressing HP + HK on the ground for his front & back versions.
His air counter is an "Active Counter" by which I mean command grab attack, the enemy needs to be in the air for it to hit, try doing it during an Air Combo to slam the enemy to the ground. All Counters take 500 Power stock.

Also, Do you have a Pal template for Bebop and the turtles? id like to make a few pals for them.
There should be a sprite in Bebop's .SFF that has a template for this, I think its the second or so sprite.
#6  April 22, 2020, 12:27:59 am
Also, Do you have a Pal template for Bebop and the turtles? id like to make a few pals for them.

There should be a sprite in Bebops.SFF that has a template for this, I think its the second or so sprite.

Thanks, I found it, Just made my first Pal. Didn't realize how much customization your pal gives us. Great CS!
Bumble Bee

Kilwogg (Green Lantern)

The Chars feel great, I thought Raph didn't have his turtle power attack but realized its a counter.

https://streamable.com/pi97x7

Also, I added unotag to your updated chars and put them up against each other. They work soo well I was honestly shocked.

They will prove to be a good fight on arcade. thanks again!
Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:49:38 am by ~XKiraYam~
#7  April 22, 2020, 01:07:28 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
wow, it´s nice to be an inspiration for new creators.  :thumbsup:
your work is amazing, and i wish you, good luck for new projects.
No estaba muerto
Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 06:27:33 pm by Warner
#8  April 22, 2020, 01:41:01 am
    • Australia
Dcat, you are the best.
Long awaited Bebop is here!!! Thanks!
Updated turtles also cool!

DW

#9  April 23, 2020, 05:27:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I apologize for being busy with things when you sent these out several months ago. They all played very solid from what I remember though. Glad to see you were able to get them out. Now that I'm not working on anything, I can DL all of this and get back with you if I find anything. At any rate, congrats and thanks for the share. :)
#10  April 25, 2020, 04:31:44 am
    • Australia
Some of new turtles sprites are over-sized.

But anyway... )
Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:40:02 am by mnusfera
#11  April 25, 2020, 05:52:29 am
I like it!

#12  April 26, 2020, 06:41:35 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
At long last, you did an amazing job on analysing Bebop!

I'll just need to guess what character you are going to analyse on, is it going to Rocksteady next?
#13  April 27, 2020, 03:29:47 am
    • USA
Its great to see you still working on Mugen, so Warner did all the sprites for Bebop?  That dude is one talented guy when it comes to the arts, im redownloading all your works Dcat! Good shit dude
#14  April 27, 2020, 06:11:36 am
Its great to see you still working on Mugen, so Warner did all the sprites for Bebop?  That dude is one talented guy when it comes to the arts, im redownloading all your works Dcat! Good shit dude

Oops I may have been unclear in the first post, Warner is no doubt a great talent and a prolific contributor , and he did scratch sprite all of his Bebop HD .sff. I was the spriter for all of my work on Dcat_Bebop, save for his amazing idle stance that was generously crafted in the WIP thread by altoiddealer!

I'll just need to guess what character you are going to analyse on, is it going to Rocksteady next?

Yes! A correct guess my friend.

Some of new turtles sprites are over-sized.

But anyway... )

My previously alluded to handiwork on display. They should be adequately sized in-game though thanks to angledraw. Precision's never been my goal here, squash and stretch animation all-day baby!

#15  April 28, 2020, 05:08:27 am
  • MUGEN_70
  • Nothing important...
    • USA
im just me
New #16  April 30, 2020, 04:05:54 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Well done, Bebop looks great!
Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:45:18 pm by MatreroG