YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1260714 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1561  May 02, 2020, 02:53:29 pm
  • Known as Frax elsewhere
    • UK
"A warrior knows that an angel and a demon contend the hand that wields the sword. Says the demon : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》 Says the angel : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》The warrior is surprised. They both said the same thing. Then the demon continues : 《Let me help you.》 And the angel says : 《I will help you》. Now, the warrior perceives the difference. The words are the same, but the allies are different. Thus he chooses the hand of his angel.
- Paulo Coelho, "Manual do guerreiro da luz"
#1562  May 02, 2020, 04:44:19 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Kinda new to Ikemen GO so I have two questions:
  • Is there a way to reorder the priority of appearance of combo counters? (ie. having .counter before .text)
  • Is it possible to customize how the counter works deeper than just the .shake property? If I wanted to do like Guilty Gear X/XX and make it so it starts from a y-only stretch at low transparency to normal scale and fully opaque?
Just super curious about this because that would mean we could finally make pretty wild lifebars. I'm already amazed at the score and stage display properties!
#1563  May 03, 2020, 01:30:57 am
  • The Endless
  • 6P-$PXK_mEN3""Xz
    • USA
Really hyped for the 3D stage feature that would be coming to this soon, so I can recreate the MvC2 experience.

Hopefully full blender support will be added too, allowing for animated 3D stages with ease.
_EXC-Progression[ 703 ]
#1564  May 03, 2020, 01:37:09 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
0.93.1:
- Start button cannot skip the intro.
- Lifebar mid animation still plays when the game is paused.
- If you pause the screen during a combo, the combo text will slide out ignoring the pause.
- Due to the previous explanation... F3 and F5 do not reset the score.
- The stage music continues to play until the victory screen, and increases the volume for a brief moment until it is cut on the selection screen.
- P1 and P2 can select the same color palette with Electro's characters, tested with Ken and Zangief.
- With P1, there is a problem with the alignment of the combo text when you do a 2-digit combo (x axis):

One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1565  May 03, 2020, 01:46:39 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1566  May 03, 2020, 04:03:45 am
Really hyped for the 3D stage feature that would be coming to this soon, so I can recreate the MvC2 experience.
I don't know anything about anyone planning to add such feature

- Lifebar mid animation still plays when the game is paused.
- If you pause the screen during a combo, the combo text will slide out ignoring the pause.
0.93.1 doesn't have some of the fixes mentioned in my previous post so don't bother testing them just yet.

- With P1, there is a problem with the alignment of the combo text when you do a 2-digit combo (x axis):
from the screenshot this looks like a result of "1" having less width than "2". If you want me to test it upload the lifebar (but first please check if the same thing doesn't happen in mugen)

edit: we're at wrong topic btw.
Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:16:42 am by K4thos
#1567  May 03, 2020, 04:45:01 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Wrong topic indeed, sorry. :omg:

from the screenshot this looks like a result of "1" having less width than "2". If you want me to test it upload the lifebar (but first please check if the same thing doesn't happen in mugen)
I had already tested with MUGEN, it doesn't happen.

Spoiler: Combo code (click to see content)
Font.

Anyway, I would like to leave one more suggestion:
When playing in Versus player mode, choose the team mode only the first time you enter the select screen. To change the team type, press esc, to exit the screen press esc one more time.

By the way, it's pretty cool how the lifebar behaves in tag mode. The exchange of lifebar between the characters is fully functional. I haven't completely tested them yet (names), but from what you said, I'll wait for the next build.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1568  May 03, 2020, 05:03:07 am
    • USA
i want to ask a question. How come when i have a lot of characters in the most recent version it just constantly crashes and crashes most of the time and only loads every once in a while with the only modifications being the select.def?
#1569  May 03, 2020, 10:20:50 am
  • I do things...I guess.
    • Mexico
"Really hyped for the 3D stage feature that would be coming to this soon, so I can recreate the MvC2 experience."

I don't know anything about anyone planning to add such feature

...Could it be possible though?
#1570  May 03, 2020, 10:23:25 am
  • I do things...I guess.
    • Mexico
Also, can ideas be posted on this thread? Or is there a thread exclusively for ideas?

I've posted some before but I don't know if this was the most "adecuate" place to put them.
#1571  May 03, 2020, 10:47:23 am
    • UK
You guys need to replace common1.cns.zss with the one provided by add004.
I did but it still doesn't work.

Do your characters have an stcommon that's not common1.cns?

I have only used the KFM that comes with the Ikemen GO installation. I'll check if it does today.

EDIT : Nope. The default KFM uses Common1.cns as stcommon. The problem might lie elsewhere

EDIT 2 : I got it working. However, I can't figure out how exactly to make other characters work. I've seen of a patcher exe but it is not in my download of add004.
"A warrior knows that an angel and a demon contend the hand that wields the sword. Says the demon : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》 Says the angel : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》The warrior is surprised. They both said the same thing. Then the demon continues : 《Let me help you.》 And the angel says : 《I will help you》. Now, the warrior perceives the difference. The words are the same, but the allies are different. Thus he chooses the hand of his angel.
Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:08:34 pm by Dylan Dog
#1572  May 03, 2020, 11:40:12 pm
  • Kinda New to Creating
    • USA
Okay love this MatchRestart sctrl which allows you to load an alternate def file. Is there a way to do the same without reloading the match? Was thinking this could be the answer to transformations. 
LW
#1573  May 03, 2020, 11:43:46 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1574  May 04, 2020, 04:52:37 am
Was thinking this could be the answer to transformations.
This is the answer to transformations:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#sctrlnew_remapsprite
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#char_cns_remappreset

edit:
...Could it be possible though?
everything is possible in open source engine. But that message sounded like someone actually started working on such feature, which is not the case (or at least I'm not aware about it)

Kinda new to Ikemen GO so I have two questions:
  • Is there a way to reorder the priority of appearance of combo counters? (ie. having .counter before .text)
  • Is it possible to customize how the counter works deeper than just the .shake property? If I wanted to do like Guilty Gear X/XX and make it so it starts from a y-only stretch at low transparency to normal scale and fully opaque?
Just super curious about this because that would mean we could finally make pretty wild lifebars. I'm already amazed at the score and stage display properties!
all changes to lifebars are documented on wiki: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#lifebar
The only thing lifebar related that I'm still interested in adding is support for more messages during fight and synchronizing them with combo messages and with each other (so that they are moved when there is more than 1 message on the screen). So no, there won't Guilty Gear style stuff (unless someone else will implement it)
Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:22:08 am by K4thos
#1575  May 04, 2020, 06:27:29 am
  • Kinda New to Creating
    • USA
Was thinking this could be the answer to transformations.
This is the answer to transformations:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#sctrlnew_remapsprite
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#char_cns_remappreset
with each other (so that they are moved when there is more than 1 message on the screen). So no, there won't Guilty Gear style stuff (unless someone else will implement it)

I get invalid state controller when I try to use it
LW
#1576  May 04, 2020, 07:59:28 am
    • UK
I've seen of a patcher exe but it is not in my download of add004.
That was only for the vanilla Mugen versions.

So uh, how do I make chars work with add004 in Ikemen GO? I tried adding .zss at the end of their stcommon and while the add004 features were there, the character became very buggy, I assume I'm doing this quite wrong. If it helps, I'm trying to make work a XIII-styled Iori from one of those weird massive "Memorial" compilations, which is apparently made by the same Zeldagis who as far I recall created the original, non-compilation KOF Memorial.
#1577  May 04, 2020, 10:41:45 am
Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:45:27 am by K4thos
#1578  May 04, 2020, 02:57:16 pm
  • Kinda New to Creating
    • USA
It has been added today, it's not yet available in current appveyor build.

Cool didn't know you could implement things that fast. I'll wait until the new build then. Only thing I ask for is it possible to do the same but for animation? I say this because if you have a transformation that is a different size then the hit boxes will be off
LW
Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:04:40 pm by Feddi09
#1579  May 04, 2020, 04:47:33 pm

Cool didn't know you could implement things that fast. I'll wait until the new build then. Only thing I ask for is it possible to do the same but for animation? I say this because if you have a transformation that is a different size then the hit boxes will be off
I don't see a point. Animations local to character are not a problem when it comes to implementing character transformations (there are like 1000 characters in mugen that have them). The only engine limitation that I'm aware of is when character is forced into custom state that applies p2 custom animation into p1 (throws etc.) - in such case in mugen your character looses the transformed look (or attachable accessories like in Vega claw case) because he is forced to use one of his standard sprites. That's what this sctrl is for - to remap sprites as needed so that the character always looks correctly, even in custom state. All the remaining coding is not meant to be changed compared to mugen transforming characters.
#1580  May 04, 2020, 04:53:48 pm
  • Kinda New to Creating
    • USA

I don't see a point. Animations local to character are not a problem when it comes to implementing character transformations (there are like 1000 characters in mugen that have them). The only engine limitation that I'm aware of is when character is forced into custom state that applies p2 custom animation into p1 (throws etc.) - in such case in mugen your character looses the transformed look (or attachable accessories like in Vega claw case) because he is forced to use one of his standard sprites. That's what this sctrl is for - to remap sprites as needed so that the character always looks correctly, even in custom state. All the remaining coding is not meant to be changed compared to mugen transforming characters.

Would just be easier than just going through each state coding ifelses especially in the 5000s but I get it. Looking forward to the Remap Sprite release. 

Edit:

Last thing lol I see there is a counter count trigger but is there a way to get a counter trigger if there isn't already one. I didn't see one in the documentation.
LW
Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:08:23 pm by Feddi09