YesNoOk

Bardock Z2 (Inspired) (Read 125404 times)

Started by WekRiptor, October 28, 2015, 02:12:57 am
Share this topic:
Re: Bardock Z2 (Inspired)
#61  December 22, 2015, 02:52:50 am
    • USA
I'd say both scratch for attacks and movement and base for stuff like kaioken back break and Chou Kamehameha finish, etc.
#62  December 22, 2015, 03:00:28 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
That's a reasonable way to put it, since Gohan was also sort of made in the same way. A great bunch of his animations were scratch made, yet part of them were edited from Goku. It works well for them, since they're all family and share alike physique.

Shit
Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:03:53 am by MotorRoach
#63  December 23, 2015, 07:47:08 pm
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
My answer is, *FAKE DRUM ROLL*, Use Gohan, vegeta, and Goku sprites for references, and sometimes bases, Why Vegeta? Well, where did vegeta learn to fight? Planet Vegeta to a certain extent, as did Bardock. So I would look at vegeta's sprites every now and then, but mostly stick to looking at Goku's and Gohans, because of the reason above, if your going to use references.

Also, I would just watch Bardock: Father of Goku, look for some moves, and look for any Z2 sprites with moves similar too the moves Bardock uses.
#64  December 23, 2015, 09:27:49 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Bardock from my perspective, is a very physical fighter, i think most of his attacks should be rushes and combo starters/end(ers?) lots of elbows and knees. He's basically all about hurting you, badly. so it would make sense to make his attacks.. very painful looking. Kind of life broly. smashing faces into the ground etc.. In the movie special episode of bardock, he goes Super Saiyan, grabs this Chilled guy, and his "throw" (as it would be in the game for example) was basically him repeatedly smashing Chilled in the ground..

The best video source for him fighting i would say is that fight against Chilled as a Super Saiyan. it could easily be found on youtube, or a decent anime site
#65  December 27, 2015, 07:28:20 am
  • Live with a burning passion!
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
New animation I'm making, let's say there will be *ahem* Riots
#66  December 27, 2015, 08:04:39 am
    • USA
Bardock is about to change the future
#67  December 29, 2015, 08:33:28 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com

Want to change this keyframe before finalization, thoughts?
#68  December 29, 2015, 09:26:47 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia

Want to change this keyframe before finalization, thoughts?
fix up a few things for you, also the fingers need a little work

(i made stomach 1 pixel smaller and added a bit of shading to the to the viewers right arm... thing)
#69  December 29, 2015, 03:52:57 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Right (viewer) hand is unreadable, from my current P.O.V it looks a bit like a blob. Here's a good method of drawing pixellated fists/hands I learned from balmsold: use the lasso tool to make a square-ish fist-like shape, and fill it with any random color. Then take an even darker color and start making the outlines for fingers. Try to look at CvS2 sprites and see how the artists made hands readable, then apply it to Bardock's right (viewer) hand.

Also some parts of the body, e.g. left (viewer) palm, right (viewer) biceps and shoulder look square. And on the topic of right (viewer) bicep, you need to lower its height, biceps aren't that big.

Great work overall, lets see where you go from here. ;)
This is a generic forum signature.
#70  December 29, 2015, 04:01:58 pm
#71  December 29, 2015, 04:11:01 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I think its because I'm seeing it from my Galaxy Tab. Yeah, the doodle helped, many thanks, mate. :)
#72  December 29, 2015, 04:15:46 pm
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Overall good job, saying that the sprite isn't finished!
#73  April 19, 2016, 04:59:35 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
I would like to apologize for not posting this earlier. The project has been somewhat postponed. I guess doing all that sprite work must of really messed up my shoulder as I can't sprite for more than 10 minutes without it feeling like someone stabbed me in my shoulder blade. However, a friend is lending me a graphics tablet over the weekend and I am going to try it out, if things go smoothly, I will try to get one for myself and spriting will resume. If not, I am not too sure what to do. Stay tuned as this weekend could see more Bardock progress!
#74  April 19, 2016, 06:40:52 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Okay sweet, cool to have an update. Hope your shoulder gets better!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#75  April 29, 2016, 05:14:27 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Ok, so that whole tablet thing ended up taking up more time than expected however, this is what I have to show for it! (this is the Char select portrait btw)

Borderless:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#76  April 29, 2016, 08:04:36 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Looks good but the viewers left arm looks a little weird, his crotch area is too squared and he should be the same height as goku, heres an example for you (im guessing your basing this portrait on the HDBZ portraits)

but the pose screams Bardock and i love that! 
#77  April 29, 2016, 10:41:42 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hope you don't mind, but I played around with it:

In your rendition, Bardock is much taller than Goku, when he shouldn't be (or at least that's what I read here, even if his name is Future Bardock). If Goku is 5'9" and in that page, Bardy is 5'10", he should only be taller than Goku by a sinch.

I'm no master at anatomy, but since I'm reading it as well (only got past the 1st chapter, been meaning to read it for a while >_<), I say give Figure Drawing for All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis an in-depth read. It could help you in future instances.
#78  April 30, 2016, 06:59:23 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Hope you don't mind, but I played around with it:

In your rendition, Bardock is much taller than Goku, when he shouldn't be (or at least that's what I read here, even if his name is Future Bardock). If Goku is 5'9" and in that page, Bardy is 5'10", he should only be taller than Goku by a sinch.

I'm no master at anatomy, but since I'm reading it as well (only got past the 1st chapter, been meaning to read it for a while >_<), I say give Figure Drawing for All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis an in-depth read. It could help you in future instances.

Will get to that, and thank you for fixing the feet is was dumbfounded on how to fix those
#79  April 30, 2016, 10:01:18 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com

some shading plus a revised body, thoughts?
#80  April 30, 2016, 10:23:20 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
pretty good but the hair shading isnt the best so i fixed it