YesNoOk

A touchy Topic (Read 62855 times)

Started by courte2, January 10, 2008, 06:45:14 am
Re: A touchy Topic
#261  January 25, 2008, 08:08:00 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
That guy didn't even mean the word, he was just making fun of the student! Well, look, it's still offensive
Yeah... The meaning of a word changes with the person who is saying it. If it's said while meant as a regular word, there's no need to flip out about racism.
you're missing my real point though.
Nah, I was only elaborating something that was mentionned. You can resume your actual point.

And I like neither rap nor the term nigger.

meh, racism is racism, i may not be black, but i still don't like the idea that words can switch meanings so quickly...one day swear words could replace hi and bye and et cetera!! language expresses the way we think, and if that's how we think, i'd prefer to be braindead.

i don't mind rap, but mostly because it's inintelligible and i can't make out the lyrics anyway.
[/quote]

exactly:)
i like the music of the rap, it's just the words that annoy me to the end! come on!!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/spoiler]

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

[/quote]

yay canadians got a mention! i like how you refer to us all as "americans", when even that is heavily stereotyped:)

Or the fact that their is over a thousand variations of rap reaching as crappy as KFed, to the Wacky WeirdAL,  the gangsta FityCent, or the pimpin SnoopDeeOhDubleGee?

Dont generalize America, makes you look more ignorant than the people who call themselves "from America" and then expects everyone else to accept it as the truth.

[/quote]

Weird Al is hilarious:) (just listen to white and nerdy!! ) yeah, he gets on the stupid side, but some of that stuff is pure gold(LIKE RAP!!:P)

again, look at "Fity"Cent, his trash is worse than Kanye West's trash. It's all trash mind you, there's some diamonds and jems, but mostly, it's trash. I prefer Chinese rap, and J-rap, and generally out of this continent music(and the beatles!!) because they say it so well, and i can't understand a word of it. The beat is what I like about it, and that's all i need. Filter out the words from rap, and you've got Pachebel's canon in D on a loop!
*Gosh, I sound like a 80 year old virgin, don't i?*

And for the Repetetive part:
In US terms its called Brainwashing or "Mental Conditioning to Hardship Experience Training and Memoralization Techniques", thats why most hiphop or rap fans usually can recite the lyrics, becuase it only takes a few times to repeat a phrase before its permantely memorized. The US Army taught Me that ;D
Thats really ironic that rap artists are actually using a tactic that the US Govt invented.
[/quote]

THOSE CAPITALIST SCUM!!
:P
meh, i wouldn't be surprised if the fascists were spreading their own subliminal messages during those rap songs...
i was doing a guest appearance at a radio station the other day,
during the commercials, they clearly said, fast and inaudibly mind you, "Listen to ____ it's  the greatest!!"
the rappers are doing the same.

Lyrically speaking, there is no substance whatsoever, unless you call "I got mo' money d3n u" or "I fuk mo' bitchez d3n u" or simply "I b3tta d3n u" substance.  The current mainstream rap scene in this country is the saddest thing I've seen happen to music while I've been alive. 

Fact: Members of boy bands from the last decade had far more talent than mainstream rappers do today.
Bob Sagat, I always loved your comedy(i couldn't tell you why though), but you hit it right, that's exactly what it is!!
again, if they through in some romantic lines, i'd be okay, but it's just the physical experience!
if the church had enough power, they'd have another inquisition!!

Fact: I'd rather be trapped in a room listening to the backstreet boys than that crap that's everywhere nowadays.

hmm, now, relevance...er...well, there is that whole "def jam" series:)
hilarious, but pretty devestating when it comes to what it is:P

on a side note, i'll have to take Yeong Woong's word on the whole "Oriental Rap doesn't swear", I don't understand a word of it, but it's still incredibly poetic(kokoro:P)
#262  January 25, 2008, 09:11:47 pm
  • Not the best time to realize your claustraphobic.
well its THE AMERICAN continent, and i live in the United States OF America.  Its on the heders on most govt or federal related paperwork. AND the constitution which is heavily ignored by the Christian Republican Arian Public [CRAP] that is in charge of leading the US into an Financial Universal Community Kelter & Educational Destruction [FUCKED].
#263  January 26, 2008, 06:54:30 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I am CAPITALIZING every other WORD in my POST.

hjk

#264  January 26, 2008, 06:31:59 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.

OZ

#265  January 26, 2008, 09:23:05 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ

hjk

#266  January 26, 2008, 09:29:52 pm
    • Afghanistan

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

OZ

#267  January 26, 2008, 09:31:14 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Ouch.  :'(
ಠ_ಠ
#268  January 28, 2008, 09:02:25 am
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html
Since we're on the topic of Brainwashing............

Please WOULD YOU KINDLY End this topic.

Yours Truly: Atlas
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:21:10 am by SDS Overfiend

OZ

#269  January 28, 2008, 11:14:36 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
[glow=red,2,300][size=50pt]THE END[/size][/glow]
ಠ_ಠ
#270  January 29, 2008, 02:50:13 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/

hjk

#271  January 30, 2008, 03:58:43 am
    • Afghanistan

Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:05:51 am by Tee Hee Hee
#272  January 30, 2008, 04:10:07 am
  • As I come in alone, I leave alone.

Check out my YouTube page here.  It might not be on a professional level, but it\'s a start.

hjk

#273  January 30, 2008, 04:12:50 am
    • Afghanistan
Naughty, naughty... you're in the prescence of a black man here.
Ts'ch, Ts'ch, Ts'ch, I'm Black too (Mixteded, but most of my blood comes from Africa, My skin is probably darker than yours, and my hair is awesome).
You've been with this thread. You should read my posts. That should prove where i stand as far as my race.
The one drop rule makes me 100% Black anyway.

#274  January 30, 2008, 04:18:46 am
  • As I come in alone, I leave alone.
Bummer, my bad.  But yeah, I did say I've been watching the thread, but due to short term memory at times, I tend to forget specifics at times so I don't quite remember your position.  I'll go back and see, 'kay.

Check out my YouTube page here.  It might not be on a professional level, but it\'s a start.

hjk

#275  January 30, 2008, 04:20:25 am
    • Afghanistan
Bummer, my bad.  But yeah, I did say I've been watching the thread, but due to short term memory at times, I tend to forget specifics at times so I don't quite remember your position.  I'll go back and see, 'kay.
S'No Big.
I didn't get offended. When I sound mad over superficial stuff it's usually meant to be ignorable  :sugoi:.

#276  January 31, 2008, 08:47:53 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
oh wow. it's still not as long as the Brawl thread(89 pgs ftw!!)
i may not be black, i was just wondering how long i could keep up the arguement:)
racial stereotypes drive the economy and most comedians, though i still don't like the whole rap thing:P
i think that about settles it:

minorites>stereotypes

minorities+laughter=stereotypes

black men in video games= the best damn video game ever(Mortal Kombat)!!

OZ

#277  January 31, 2008, 10:14:41 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#278  January 31, 2008, 10:16:15 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
This thread is still here?
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE

OZ

#279  January 31, 2008, 10:30:52 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#280  January 31, 2008, 10:35:52 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
I really don't care. It's all about the freaking story! If I was telling a story of my life, I'll bet you there's not going to be a white person until maybe high school.

Maybe black people don't want to join tournaments.
I sure as hell don't want to be in a tourney where to win is to kill. I might lose!
I sure as hell do not want to be in a journey where one can throw fireballs!
I sure as hell do not want to even think of a tourney where one can sprout wings and say fear the wrath of god.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE