YesNoOk

10 Years of The Black Heart (Read 32952 times)

Started by HQ, June 19, 2019, 11:36:27 pm

HQ

10 Years of The Black Heart
#1  June 19, 2019, 11:36:27 pm
Hola :)

By accident I recently came across Borghi's Black Heart again.
I had followed his work from the first baby steps to the release of the game & it surely made me want to start to create Pixel art myself.

So, this year in October 7th 2019 (at least according to the old video of 2009)

will mark the 10th anniversary of his full game release.

Something I think, we as a community could / should celebrate.

Borghi has been a great and driving force in the Mugen community and while he now is into different ventures (he seems to have released a book https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVUB50NYGg&frags=pl%2Cwn recently!) it would be a great opportunity to celebrate his achievements of releasing such a unique game that surely helped spreading Mugen over the past 10 years. IIRC Borghi was posting here on MfG since as long as I can remember.

So what's the plan.
Sprite ONE or as many as you want of the 7 (6 playable + one boss) characters in your style and let's create a huge fan art :)
Deadline is obviously October 7th. I'll post a sprite I just made of Ananzi the next days so we all get in the mood of creating more haha

Re: 10 Years of The Black Heart
#2  June 20, 2019, 12:09:00 am
    • USA
@HQ do you have a email we can talk on, you sent me a message earlier but the Mugen Fighting Guild won't let me reply back

HQ

#3  June 21, 2019, 12:46:17 pm
Ananzi Remix:
(Will upload again! Took down for something!)
Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:29:45 am by HQ
#4  June 21, 2019, 05:57:03 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Great initiative :D!

Can you provide basic sprites of the characters? Or a link(if allowed) to the game.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#5  June 22, 2019, 05:25:56 am
  • Was it something I said?
#6  June 22, 2019, 11:22:52 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Great initiative :D!

Can you provide basic sprites of the characters? Or a link(if allowed) to the game.

-- >> Noroko

-- >> Final

-- > > Animus, male

-- > > Animus, female

-- > > Ananzi

-- > > Shar-Makai

Additionally, there's a Spriters Resource page for "The Black Heart", and in it, you can find sprite sheets for Peketo and Hashi (however, Ananzi does not have one)

Spoiler: unimportant phrase is unimportant (click to see content)
This is a generic forum signature.
#7  June 23, 2019, 02:39:11 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Thanks man!

I've already started with Animus(both)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#8  June 23, 2019, 10:53:38 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
love it man,,, been a fan over 11 years n more soon
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker

HQ

#9  June 24, 2019, 09:16:55 pm
Thanks Knuckles8864 & Apathy for the links/ images ;) This will surely help!

Great to see you on board on this FeLo! Can't wait to see how you remake them :)

Mikecrazy2004: Yeah me too! We should get Borghi get back to making more haha

Also, this was a quick one:

Peketo Remix (Just saw I need to do some outline recolor on it, but this will be made for the final roster of them all together :) )
(Will upload again! Took down for something!)

Noroko is also nearly finished  ;)
The one I'm most looking forward to remix is Shar-Makai!

Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:29:33 am by HQ
#10  June 28, 2019, 11:00:50 am
Wow 10 years... Time sure flies.
Also, this game has some amazing sprite work.

HQ

#11  July 02, 2019, 11:26:25 pm

Original Game, Original Character Designs, Stage Thumbnails, Scratches FX, Original Title Theme by Andrés Borghi, who was kind enough to give me permission to post this sequel I imagined with remade/udpated designs/ sprites, a new UI etc.
#12  July 02, 2019, 11:46:38 pm
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Original Game, Original Character Designs, Stage Thumbnails, Scratches FX, Original Title Theme by Andrés Borghi, who was kind enough to give me permission to post this sequel I imagined with remade/udpated designs/ sprites, a new UI etc.

Don´t take it bad but I would like more a remake in HD that only a slight remasterization in HR.

I think that THIS is one of the original games that need a full IKEMEN conversion, more points if you have the author permission, he and his game deserve a more suited engine than Mugen, altought is good but in ikemen could achieve its full potential.

There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site

HQ

#13  July 03, 2019, 12:16:11 am

Don´t take it bad but I would like more a remake in HD that only a slight remasterization in HR.

I think that THIS is one of the original games that need a full IKEMEN conversion, more points if you have the author permission, he and his game deserve a more suited engine than Mugen, altought is good but in ikemen could achieve its full potential.

All good, to each their own :) I guess a HR version could potentially look great too! Make some designs & post them here :)

I'd imagine a sequel for professional gaming consoles, so Ikemen wouldn't be an option for it.
#14  July 03, 2019, 01:23:59 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
I'd imagine a sequel for professional gaming consoles, so Ikemen wouldn't be an option for it.

I didn´t understand that sentence, ikemen is still in progress but more advanced than mugen, is opensource and can be ported, mugen is windows and pc only; by professional consoles you are refering on microsoft´s, sony´s, nintendo´s or something like that? i dont know what you mean.

Anyway great initiative keep the good vibe i hope you can add some bizarre new challenger in your sequel.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site

ROS

#15  July 03, 2019, 03:04:14 am

HQ

#16  July 03, 2019, 10:58:19 am

I didn´t understand that sentence, ikemen is still in progress but more advanced than mugen, is opensource and can be ported, mugen is windows and pc only; by professional consoles you are refering on microsoft´s, sony´s, nintendo´s or something like that? i dont know what you mean.

Speaking in terms of commercial game development neither Mugen, nor Ikemen are real viable options tbh. For starters Mugen doesn't even have the proper license agreement to do so (& let's not get started on the countless other reasons  -such as missing cross platform export - why nobody should use it for a commercial game if Elecbyte ever came back & changed that). Even if Ikemen is open source, in progress & now offers a license that potentially would allow (?) for commercializing one owns game, it still is a light weight compared to for example Unity, which is easy to learn & allows for easy & legit exports (+ is improved by Unity development professionals at any minute allowing for even better games to be made)

Guys, where are your Black Heart Sprites :)
Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:11:09 am by HQ
#17  July 12, 2019, 01:12:11 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Guys, where are your Black Heart Sprites :)

I borrowed a lot from UNIST for this one, particularly from Merkava. Tried to play around with his design a bit.

This is a generic forum signature.
#18  July 12, 2019, 01:25:52 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#19  July 12, 2019, 01:30:36 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I think about 3 or 4 hours tops.