Kung Fu Man (Read 46340 times)

Started by DW, August 02, 2012, 07:58:58 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Kung Fu Man
#1  August 02, 2012, 07:58:58 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

There will be no rest until Suave Dude is created defeated and his beloved rescued. You're merely an obstacle in his way... Get him in my folder at TrinityMUGEN.

Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:49:44 pm by DivineWolf
Re: Kung Fu Man
#2  August 02, 2012, 08:03:12 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
How unexpecting.

EDIT: IMO, could he have like, more specials and supers? It puts more fun into this KFM.
Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:19:14 pm by Meldo
#3  August 02, 2012, 08:11:21 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK, I NEVER SAW THIS COMING!!
#4  August 02, 2012, 08:14:48 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
  • The super portrait presents problems because it's a portrait, and so it is cut off. I would recommend zooming in on his face to avoid cutoff and then to redo the super portrait.
  • Since two of the EX versions of his specials use the old AOF hitsound, I think the rest of the EX moves should follow suit.
  • The hitpause on the first two hits of EX Kung Fu Upper is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.
  • Grand Kung Fu Upper is not really impressive enough to be a level 3. I think something original would fit better. (maybe combining all his attacks in some way)
  • Give him his Kung Fu Zankou :V
#5  August 02, 2012, 08:23:01 pm
  • Screenpack, Stage, & Lifebar Creator/Editor
    • USA
    • navarretechris22.wixsite.com/spectramugen
Holy shit! Finally a pots Kung Fu Man! :D

Renegade Custom Portrait Thread: https://goo.gl/e8Z7Ts
Project Thread: https://goo.gl/4n8CEt
#6  August 02, 2012, 08:25:22 pm
    • USA
I agree this is fantastic
#7  August 02, 2012, 08:27:40 pm
  • behold my power
    • USA
Holy shit I was just thinking about color seperating Kung Fu Man and this is made?
Good job.

so many hdd crashes QQ
#8  August 02, 2012, 08:28:09 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#9  August 02, 2012, 08:34:45 pm
  • Screenpack, Stage, & Lifebar Creator/Editor
    • USA
    • navarretechris22.wixsite.com/spectramugen
ok ok, Divine KFM.

Renegade Custom Portrait Thread: https://goo.gl/e8Z7Ts
Project Thread: https://goo.gl/4n8CEt
#10  August 02, 2012, 08:37:08 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
#11  August 02, 2012, 08:45:02 pm
You should have waited for my colour separation. Too late now ;D
(Check my Graphics topic if you're interested)

If I ever do the colour separation, can I separate the crouch punch edit?

You could have lowered his walking speed.
Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:11:10 pm by G.o.D.

DW

#12  August 02, 2012, 09:27:25 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
  • The super portrait presents problems because it's a portrait, and so it is cut off. I would recommend zooming in on his face to avoid cutoff and then to redo the super portrait.
  • Since two of the EX versions of his specials use the old AOF hitsound, I think the rest of the EX moves should follow suit.
  • The hitpause on the first two hits of EX Kung Fu Upper is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.
  • Grand Kung Fu Upper is not really impressive enough to be a level 3. I think something original would fit better. (maybe combining all his attacks in some way)
  • Give him his Kung Fu Zankou :V

-Mind helping me out with the super pic?
 -I did this initially, though I thought it may not vibe as well, especially with KF Blow, since it doesn't knock the opponent down. However, I'll change it.
 -Was inspired from Jin's Mr. Karate EX counter move/XCB's Tetsu EX uppercut. It's supposed to be dynamic like that. I could reduce it a by a few values though.
 -No sir, not doing. I'm really not trying to add anything to KFM that he doesn't originally have. The Max version of KF Barrage being the only exception to that, but not by much. Thanks for the suggestion though.
 -Maybe... More then likely, but not now :P

You should have waited for my colour separation. Too late now ;D
(Check my Graphics topic if you're interested)

If I ever do the colour separation, can I separate the crouch punch edit?

You could have lowered his walking speed.

There's a lot going on around here. I can't be expected to keep up with it all lol. You can do w/e you like sir. As for his walking speed, I don't feel it to be too fast. I suppose I can reduce it a bit. Thanks for the feedback and compliments everyone. :)
#13  August 02, 2012, 09:32:01 pm
    • USA

DW

#14  August 02, 2012, 09:39:20 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I included the source pic in his "Extra" folder.
#15  August 02, 2012, 10:01:15 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
It will be better if he work with the source pic:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#16  August 02, 2012, 10:03:24 pm
    • USA
This is quick and dirty so ugly is to be expected, but...

yeah I don't think this is gonna work out. :\

EDIT: damnit, that ninja'd pic is perfect, I wasted dozens of seconds on that eyesore just above me >:[
#17  August 02, 2012, 10:09:18 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
A POTS styled Kung Fu man? Welp, you win Mugen. Someone give this man a medal.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#18  August 02, 2012, 10:21:08 pm
    • USA

hmm, I dunno about the colors

DW

#19  August 02, 2012, 10:23:40 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
^Looks great to me bro. Indexed link and axis please?

It will be better if he work with the source pic:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thanks for that, I couldn't find the full sized version of it.
#20  August 02, 2012, 10:26:03 pm
    • USA
That image should be indexed. Hopefully.

axis is 320,240

DW

#21  August 02, 2012, 10:29:02 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
OK thanks.

Awesome :)
Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:43:49 pm by DivineWolf

DW

#22  August 02, 2012, 10:52:49 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Reuploaded with tweaks...

-Added new Lv3 pic
 -Reduced pausetime for first two hits of EX KF Upper
 -Reduced walking speed a bit
 -Changed hit sound for the other EX moves to the AOF sound
 -Increased air x vel for first 2(3) hits of (Max)KF Barrage a bit

Link updated in first post. I'll add Kung Fu Zankou later. Can't be bother to do it now. :P In a couple days or so.

#23  August 02, 2012, 11:13:41 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
His 9000,0 doesn't look good. It isn't color separated, causing this:

#24  August 02, 2012, 11:21:22 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

DW

#25  August 02, 2012, 11:25:09 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That's just the way his default pal scheme is. It can't be helped unless he was CS'd himself, which he's not. Maybe someone will make a CS patch for him in the future. Until then, this is a moot point. I think it looks great, thank you RikuMasta132 for the assist with the custom small pic. Just because the white of his eyes changes with his gi doesn't mean the pic doesn't look good. Thanks for the feedback none the less.

JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK, I NEVER SAW THIS COMING!!
OMG, same here :o Awesome release, Divine :D

Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:28:15 pm by DivineWolf
#26  August 02, 2012, 11:30:25 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
When I said "it doesn't look good" I wasn't criticizing RikuMasta's art style, don't worry about it. I was actually talking about the visual effect that it generated.

Your point is understandable, seeing that the original KFM doesn't have visible eyes in his sprites, thus this problem doesn't apply to him.
#27  August 02, 2012, 11:31:56 pm
    • USA
Probably one of the better Kung Fu Man(s) made for M.U.G.E.N
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#28  August 02, 2012, 11:52:45 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Since this KFM indeed doesn't seem to have noticeable bugs, I think that it's good to advice about a small bug in PotS' cornerpush system, which you're using:

See this video. In both situations DivineKFM is trading hits with the opponent. You can see that he sometimes is pushed back much further than the expected:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9e264u4xjdfhi22

It seems to happen randomly, unfortunately. This bug is easily solved, though:

Find this code in his -3:

Code:
[State -3, Corner Push]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = MoveContact = 1 && NumTarget
fvar(5) = Target, GetHitVar(xVel)
ignoreHitPause = 1

Change it to

Code:
[State -3, Corner Push]
type = VarSet
triggerall = movetype != H
trigger1 = MoveContact = 1 && NumTarget
fvar(5) = Target, GetHitVar(xVel)
ignoreHitPause = 1

and the problem disappears.

DW

#29  August 02, 2012, 11:57:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Ah, interesting find. Will do, thanks for the feedback.

Edit:

Done'd. First post updated with new link for the fixed corner push bug. Added this to my other chars too. Will try to get them uploaded at TM with the fix.

Edit Again:

He's be uploaded to my folder at TM. Get him there. First post updated.
Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:51:01 pm by DivineWolf
#30  August 04, 2012, 02:48:06 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Hmm... I know it wouldn´t fit into your "Divine" gameplay system... but what about KFMs double jump?

Oh... and no win quotes?  :kugoi:

I like what you did with good ol´ KFM!  :thumbsup:

DW

#31  August 04, 2012, 05:50:01 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hmm... I know it wouldn´t fit into your "Divine" gameplay system... but what about KFMs double jump?

Oh... and no win quotes?  :kugoi:

I like what you did with good ol´ KFM!  :thumbsup:

No sir, not doing. You can make any character double jump FYI. It's easy. All you need do is open up the char's CNS file with all their default info. Like walking velocity, running velocity, etc. Look for this...

[Movement]
airJump.num = 0

Change "0" to how ever many times you want to be able to jump in the air(double jump). In this case, you'd just want to change it to "1". Allowing you to jump once while airbourne.

I suppose I could add winquotes when I add Kung Fu Zankou... Though since I don't play/main 1.0, I don't usually bother with this. Glad you like him and thanks for the feedback.
Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:02:22 pm by DivineWolf
#32  August 07, 2012, 04:21:02 am
  • Was it something I said?
Where have I been this past week? This looks awesome!
#33  August 07, 2012, 09:03:04 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
holy fuck, why didn't i see this?
thanks a lot, this looks very cool!!

DW

#34  August 11, 2012, 04:04:48 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Updated 8/10/12. Added Kung Fu Zankou and fixed the cornerpush issue. Uploaded in my folder at TrinityMUGEN.  :)
#35  August 11, 2012, 05:29:37 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Why does it seem kinda redundant that he has two moves that resist projectiles? Maybe instead of resisting projectiles, his Zankou could have one hit of autoguard and the EX version be a rekka series? For example, his first hit could be the Kung Fu Palm, the second hit could be the Kung Fu Blow and the third hit could be the Kung Fu Zankou and knock them down. Or whatever sequence you think of. I think this would give the Zankou a nice little role as a counter-poking attack. This is just a minor nitpick, but in the readme you said he has no real weaknesses. I beg to differ. His lack of projectiles comes to mind. Another little nitpick is that his Z attack seems more fitting for Y, seeing as it starts up faster. I can link it after X, but I can't link X into Y. Also, why doesn't he have a different attack animation for his B attack? It's the same as his A. Aside from that, I still think you did a great job here. I'm really enjoying some of the juggles I'm finding here. I'll edit/post again if I think of anything else.

Edit: I'm feeling the same about his EX Kung Fu Knee versus his Kung Fu Uppers. Maybe you could make him reach the ground faster than normal so he could juggle after his EX Kung Fu Knee? I really think that would open up some good options in the corner for him, since you can barely juggle after Kung Fu Upper for some reason. Especially since I can barely combo into it. The first hit sometimes hits, but the second one almost always whiffs.
Edit 2: Maybe you could include an alternate SFF that uses the sprites from the KFM720?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:21:51 am by C.A.N
#36  August 11, 2012, 05:34:04 am
Top notch. Every release from you so far is excellent.

DW

#37  August 11, 2012, 06:04:25 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Why does it seem kinda redundant that he has two moves that resist projectiles? Maybe instead of resisting projectiles, his Zankou could have one hit of autoguard and the EX version be a rekka series? For example, his first hit could be the Kung Fu Palm, the second hit could be the Kung Fu Blow and the third hit could be the Kung Fu Zankou and knock them down. Or whatever sequence you think of. I think this would give the Zankou a nice little role as a counter-poking attack. This is just a minor nitpick, but in the readme you said he has no real weaknesses. I beg to differ. His lack of projectiles comes to mind. Another little nitpick is that his Z attack seems more fitting for Y, seeing as it starts up faster. I can link it after X, but I can't link X into Y. Also, why doesn't he have a different attack animation for his B attack? It's the same as his A. Aside from that, I still think you did a great job here. I'm really enjoying some of the juggles I'm finding here. I'll edit/post again if I think of anything else.

Edit: I'm feeling the same about his EX Kung Fu Knee versus his Kung Fu Uppers. Maybe you could make him reach the ground faster than normal so he could juggle after his EX Kung Fu Knee? I really think that would open up some good options in the corner for him, since you can barely juggle after Kung Fu Upper for some reason. Especially since I can barely combo into it. The first hit sometimes hits, but the second one almost always whiffs.
Edit 2: Maybe you could include an alternate SFF that uses the sprites from the KFM720?

Negating projectiles and resisting projectiles is not the same thing. Suggestion for EX Zankou... Nope. The notion of no weaknesses is in terms of his stats as a character. He's not as fast as a female char, but not as slow as a bigger/wrestling type char(i.e. Zangief). Average stamina/defense, unlike a female with lower stamina/defense, or a boss char/wrestler with higher stamina/defense. So on and so forth. Also, not being able to shoot a projectile isn't a weakness at all. There are lots of chars who don't have projectiles. If you automatically consider the lack of projectiles a weakness...well, to each his own. Changing mp to hp? Nope. I've tested this and it's not extremely easy to link lp to hp, so it's fine by me. Consider it a nice little tid bit that can go in with proper timing. Why doesn't he have a different anim for mk? You really don't know? The same reason he has the same anims for crouching lk/mk and jumping mp/hp... Because he doesn't have any other anims. I'm not gonna ask/pay anyone to make anymore, I'll just use what's available.

Regarding Edit1: Nope. Even if I did increase the gravity so KFM would reach the ground faster, your juggle points would be used up, and you wouldn't be able to continue on anyway. You're not meant to juggle from KF Upper mid screen or with any type of room. It's meant to set up juggles in the corner. Also, KF Upper isn't meant to be comboed into from most ground attacks. Use a jumping attack, then follow up with KF Upper upon landing. Works a lot better as this was intended.

Regarding Edit2: Nope.

Thanks for the feedback.

Top notch. Every release from you so far is excellent.

Thanks.
Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:16:09 pm by DivineWolf
#38  August 11, 2012, 06:25:16 pm
  • tired
Ah well, at least I tried. The main reason I consider no projectiles a weakness is that very few of his projectile resisting attacks go forward, and the one that does requires meter. Of course, the power charge does help that. The funny thing is I actually LOVE playing as some projectile-less characters, mainly Dragon Claw and Kyo. I just thought you should bring it up, but then mention his multitude of ways to get through projectiles. Also, yeah, most of the juggles I found in the corner were after EX Kung Fu Zankou, (EX) Kung Fu Upper, Grand Kung Fu Upper, and MAX Kung Fu Barrage. I brought up juggling after EX Kung Fu Knee because it seemed he ran out of juggle points too quickly after his Upper and it seemed odd they both had start-up invincibility. Also, the reason I brought up there being no different animations is that his standing Z I've never seen on any other Kung Fu Man. I figured you'd edited a few sprites, since I noticed some differences in the shading. Did you find this in his normal SFF? Also, I still do appreciate the fact he has a few working links, and the Z does more damage than what it would do as a Y attack, so I'll let the faster start up time go. It isn't easy to link it into Z, but it certainly isn't as difficult as some of the links I've tried out (standing X after the fourth hit if Kamekaze's EX Rekka series, for example). Will edit with more feedback as it comes.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion on landing Kung Fu Upper, this'll certainly help. Also, did you increase the command time for it? I could never pull it off as Elecbyte's version.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#39  August 11, 2012, 07:12:51 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I buffed KFM's techniques. As originally, none of his techs in his original version has any of the characteristics I gave them. (i.e. KF Blow negating projectiles, KF upper having muteki during it's start up, etc.) This was of course to help him out, but it was never my intention to differ too far from his default scheme. I almost didn't give him any buffs at all. The edits of fierce standing/crouching punch were used from Rolento's SF4 KFM. Had it not been for his KFM, I wouldn't have those edits and would have had to recycle even more anims lol. As for KF Upper suggestion and all... You're welcome. It can be performed now because of it's higher placing in the CMD script. I also gave it a time of 16, which is usually used for "Dragon Punch" motions. Thanks for the feedback.
Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:20:03 pm by DivineWolf
#40  August 11, 2012, 07:16:51 pm
  • tired
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. At least I now know why you won't be able to include a 720-KFM styled SFF without pretty much redoing all of the sprites. I'm gonna have to change KFM's CMD a tad so I can do that and finally compare the changes more accurately. This one's definitely a keeper.

Edit: Did you intend for Kung Fu Palm's reach to be nerfed? Elecbyte's KFM goes forward quite a bit more than your edit does.

DW

#41  August 11, 2012, 07:33:14 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
As far as I remember, I didn't change any values as far as momentum goes for KF Palm. I did change the way KF Barrage(Triple KF Palm) works though in terms of momentum. Even so, it's my own custom version.
#42  August 11, 2012, 07:39:18 pm
  • tired
Funny, I compared the two and yours goes a shorter distance. Ah well, I can relish the lack of knockdown on later hits for easier cancels into Kung Fu Barrage.
#43  August 12, 2012, 09:23:03 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
use this for his super port instead.
#44  August 12, 2012, 11:10:40 pm
  • ???
Thats badass :D

DW

#45  August 13, 2012, 02:23:16 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Lol it is nice. If you had suggested that like a week ago, I would have added it in as an extra. However now, I can not. Because I must move on to other projects. Thanks for the suggestion though, that is an awesome pic.

DW

#46  August 18, 2012, 02:27:15 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Updated 8/17/12

-Awesome custom voice acting implemented(special thanks to Gritsmaster)
-Tweaked the anim timings for the special intro against female fighters slightly so that it "vibes" better with the dialouge added to it.
-Added a new special intro and winpose against my(future) Kung Fu Girl and S.Y.D's version.

Get him in my folder at TM. :)
#47  August 18, 2012, 04:42:30 am
  • tired
It's a shame you didn't include an option for his old sounds, I had to rename his old SND for fear I wouldn't enjoy his new voice. It is rather nice, however. I do think that it sounds a tad repetitive. Maybe if possible you could make him have different noises for his different special attacks? Of course, you might not be able to contact Gritsmaster about this, so that might be a moot point. I don't really have anything left to say other than this: at least he respects women. :mmhmm:
#48  August 18, 2012, 05:01:00 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:05:33 am by Zzyzzyxx
#49  August 18, 2012, 05:09:50 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
#50  August 18, 2012, 05:43:14 am
  • tired
I'm not gonna talk for Divine, but I think you should record some more sounds for him. Kung Fu Man using the same soundclips for nearly everything is repetitive.

DW

#51  August 18, 2012, 05:43:46 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's a shame you didn't include an option for his old sounds, I had to rename his old SND for fear I wouldn't enjoy his new voice. It is rather nice, however. I do think that it sounds a tad repetitive. Maybe if possible you could make him have different noises for his different special attacks? Of course, you might not be able to contact Gritsmaster about this, so that might be a moot point. I don't really have anything left to say other than this: at least he respects women. :mmhmm:

I prefer this far more than his regular "sounds". Which was just one actual voice really. There are extra voices in the snd, I just didn't use them all. Open it up and learn how to do it yourself. This is a simple as changing a number from "3", to "4". Very simple stuff along those lines. And lol at the women comment. No doubt.

Many creators use Messatsu's Character Identifier Traits (anims 8055000-8055999) in order to give more identity to his chars. See this thread:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/optional-animation-standards-138791.0.html

KFM's intro against girls could use the extra trigger

trigger26 = enemy,selfanimexist(8055002)

With this, he recognizes that the oponent is a girl / woman.

Nope. There's a lot of stuff there I don't understand and not really worth it IMO. Was just an addition bonus to added on. Besides, triggering for the names of the female chars works for me.
#52  August 18, 2012, 05:50:39 am
  • tired
Oh, thanks for letting me know that he has more sounds. I never said I didn't like his new voice, I was just thinking ahead in case I didn't. I'll have to see about checking his unused sounds and messing with them. Eventually I'll have to stop leeching and learn how to make chars. It always seems I have great ideas, but I'm just too blasted lazy. Ack, getting off topic. I'll see what I can do about adding in his unused sounds. Maybe I could release my modification it as a patch?

DW

#53  August 18, 2012, 05:56:13 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Oh, thanks for letting me know that he has more sounds. I never said I didn't like his new voice, I was just thinking ahead in case I didn't. I'll have to see about checking his unused sounds and messing with them. Eventually I'll have to stop leeching and learn how to make chars. It always seems I have great ideas, but I'm just too blasted lazy. Ack, getting off topic. I'll see what I can do about adding in his unused sounds. Maybe I could release my modification it as a patch?

Go for it.
#54  August 18, 2012, 05:57:51 am
  • tired
Alright, when (and if) I'm done with it, should I send it to you so you can archive it with your KFM file on Trinitymugen like you did with Mai's 1.0 patch or should I host it?

DW

#55  August 18, 2012, 05:59:19 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You host it. I'm done with KFM. :P No more uploading.
#56  August 18, 2012, 06:02:20 am
  • tired
You host it. I'm done with KFM. :P No more uploading.

Awww. Oh well, I'll see about incorporating more of his sounds. I'm taking him through some playtesting and seeing what sounds are there and not. Also, I noticed Kung Fu Barrage is MUCH easier to juggle with now. You forgot to mention that. :P

Edit: I noticed a lot of blank sounds. Are they being used for anything or can I remove them without any negative side effects?

DW

#57  August 18, 2012, 06:04:14 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I didn't change any coding. Only added sounds and tweaked anims times for his ladies' intro. Also added the intro and winpose against KFG. You're imagining things. It was always that way.
#58  August 18, 2012, 06:10:40 am
  • tired
Nah, I'm not imagining things. I remember it missing a few hits. Wait, hold everything. I know what happened: MAGIC! Oh well, whatever. I also seriously think Kung Fu Girl is KFM's girlfriend. They both have red-ish hair. Any word on removing the blank noises from the SND without side effects?

Edit: You kept his original KO scream. That's interesting.
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:14:08 am by C.A.N

DW

#59  August 18, 2012, 06:16:49 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
There are no "blank" snds. Unused yes, but Idk what you mean by "blank". Idk if something may have happened with the uploading process. If it's "blank" as you say, then I suppose it's safe to delete it.  Also, if KFG was KFM's girlfriend, she wouldn't need rescuing from Suave Dude now would she? Being a fighter herself. So, I don't think that at all. But her actual origins seem unclear. If anything she's just a female version of him. I see her more as a student/underling/fangirl of his. Like Sakura/Ryu kinda thing. That's how it will be treated between my respective versions of them. Though anyone is entitled to believe what they want.

Posted: August 18, 2012, 06:19:20 am
Edit: You kept his original KO scream. That's interesting.

No I didn't... You must have done something weird, like dragged and dropped the update in your char folder. Rather than doing a clean DL. I just DL'd him from TM to check, and there are NO blank snds and his original KO voice is NOT there. Do a clean DL, don't drag and drop stuff.
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:31:31 am by DivineWolf
#60  August 18, 2012, 06:27:51 am
  • tired
Hm, I guess I'll have to redownload him. Because I'm noticing plenty of sounds in the SND that are blank...

Edit: Redownloaded, tons of sounds are still blank. I'm checking this in FF, are you? About the old KO scream, it turns out I put the AI against the wrong Kung Fu Man. --; Also, I didn't drag and drop. I extracted him from the RAR and overwrote what was in there previously.
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:32:51 am by C.A.N
#61  August 18, 2012, 01:21:09 pm
    • USA
Nope. There's a lot of stuff there I don't understand and not really worth it IMO. Was just an addition bonus to added on. Besides, triggering for the names of the female chars works for me.
You don't need to understand it. You just have to add it to the trigger list. It's pretty simple. :|

DW

#62  August 18, 2012, 08:49:10 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I don't need to, but I would like to understand it. I don't like trying to implement things I don't yet understand. However, after reading it over fully, I now do understand it. It is simple, I was just tired last night. :P When I clicked on the linked provided by ZzyZzyxx and saw all the traits and numbers, I immediately assumed too much out of the fact I just wanted to sleep/was tired of responding at that current point in time. My bad. Looks like I will have to do a few more touch ups on my chars after all... I wish someone would have suggested this stuff earlier with Poison's intros against male/female... :/ Better late than never though. Thanks for the tip ZzyZzyxx. I do have a quick question though...

If I want to make the trigger work under linked conditioned, such as "Female" and "Hot, I use "&&" and not "||" correct? So it should read...

trigger(#)= enemy,selfanimexist(8055002) && enemy,selfanimexist(8055063)

Also, another "&& enemy,selfanimexist(#)" to link age appropriate standard as well?