YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 609232 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#381  March 05, 2010, 05:59:20 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I hope you like BAD ENDS.
#382  March 12, 2010, 10:35:42 am
  • Oh yes they will.......
I want to see the Double Extreme Form. NAO!
#383  March 31, 2010, 02:14:37 am
Hmm....I guess the Snall Goggles were gonna debut soon and also.....WTF HIBIKI
#384  April 14, 2010, 04:14:00 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
I've seen one episode of Goseiger and I already feel like I picked a bad place to start my Super Sentai viewing.  The outfits, the sound effects, even GoseiRed are all really... fabulous.

Meanwhile, I've seen and heard decent things about Shinkenger.  May as well backtrack.
#385  April 16, 2010, 05:35:09 am
Dont bother with shinkenger. Watch Gekiranger. Its absolutely WONDERFUL.

Boukenger is good too.
#386  April 16, 2010, 05:38:08 am
Boukenger has some loose ends somehow.
But then....I do wish Shotaro gets his upgrade sooner or later. WE NEED THE EXTREME!
#387  April 16, 2010, 06:21:33 am
I couldn't be happier with Double's pacing, really.  Compared to Kiva (the only other Kamen Rider I've seen past 12 episodes), Double's pace is spot-on.  Kiva, as opposed, felt awkward and wasted a lot of potential.
#388  April 16, 2010, 07:35:07 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Compared to Kiva (the only other Kamen Rider I've seen past 12 episodes)
Ew.
Fix that. Kabuto, Agito and Blade are a must (And Kuuga... But it lacks decent subtitles. people blame the "Kuuga curse")
#389  April 17, 2010, 06:03:10 pm
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Dont bother with shinkenger. Watch Gekiranger. Its absolutely WONDERFUL.

Boukenger is good too.

What the hell are you talking about? Shinkenger was epic =w= and I agree with Gekiranger and Boukenger

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#390  September 22, 2010, 02:02:47 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
OK, reviving this thread from the death!! :twisted:

I'm following Go Go Sentai Boukenger and is so awesome (via YouTube), and I loved Natsuki and Sakura (BoukenYellow and BoukenPink, both actresses are Gravure Idols *0*). And also watching Denji Sentai Megaranger, I LOLed a lot with Kenta (MegaRed)

Well, let's talk again about SS, guys.

Attack!!

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#391  September 22, 2010, 03:19:22 am
Kamen Rider Double's ending left me with mixed feelings.

On the one hand, it was a great, emotional moment and was expertly executed.

On the other hand,
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ultimately, it was awesome, and I'd recommend it to anyone.  I'm incredibly glad I started watching Kamen Rider with Double.

On to O's.

The first two episodes were mediocre.  Nothing really wowed me, and his power setup is just W with a third power.  The third episode felt like it was finally getting on track, now that we're getting into the meat of the story.  Curious to see how it develops, but W is a hard act to follow...
#392  September 22, 2010, 03:38:03 am
#393  July 04, 2012, 07:12:35 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
JUUMOUSOU !!

anyone else watched akibaranger? (beside obviously the user called akibared above)

i didn't expect it to be this good and only started watching for the lulz but i ended up liking it a lot. the show may be over but ti seems there is a live show coming on dvd as episode 14.
some anon at /m/ said:
Wait, someone was saying the other evening that at the live show in Nakano (there were a few pre-show photos of the cosplay.

From what I remember of the post, the Akibarangers did show up. Some of the villains (including Kabuki-cho) showed up. The Akibarangers used the MMZ-01 prototypes developed by Hakase for the toy line (with a blatant and intentionally ironic/shameful pitch for the Bandai toys) to transform, but they didn't have enough delusion power... so they got the audience helped shout JUUMOUSOU and then they transformed and had the fight.

Apparently they had the cast and crew (and Toei HD cameras) on location and it was all recorded. The live event is supposed to be on the DVD as Episode 14.

Sorry I don't have more details on it, I'm going from what someone crossposted from 2ch.
and there's going to be a second season, right? .... right?

it's ok now, that's alright
#394  July 04, 2012, 08:19:19 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I'm actually enjoying this toku season.

Akibaranger was a great little series that was a blast to watch, With it's references and overall tone.  Kamen Rider Fourze started a bit iffy for me but now it's getting really good, and Gobusters is a pretty okay Sentai. Funny that people complain about it, Even thou you really can't top Gokaiger.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#395  July 04, 2012, 08:32:01 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
But Gokaiger's ending was rushed as hell and it felt lackluster compared to the rest of the series.
#396  July 04, 2012, 08:40:10 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Pretty much.  There were way better things they could have done with it.

GT

#397  July 04, 2012, 08:47:01 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby

Akibaranger was a great little series that was a blast to watch, With it's references and overall tone.  Kamen Rider Fourze started a bit iffy for me but now it's getting really good, and Gobusters is a pretty okay Sentai.

I agree. Although the past 2 episodes were kinda okay (Really didn't like episode 40's ending), Fourze's run has been pretty solid since the introduction of Meteor. After seeing W (Akiko almost single-handedly ruined the series for me), I really didn't expect Fourze to be as good as it is, but it's actually pretty interesting.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#398  July 04, 2012, 09:27:36 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
My main issue with Gokaiger was how emperor Akdos Gil was supposedly so threatening, but he barely got screen time. We got 40ish episodes of Waltz Gil and then Akdos' arc was too short and it lacked the impact they built for about 3/4ths of the series.
Then again, I haven't watched the Ghost Ship or the Gavan crossover movie.
#399  July 04, 2012, 10:26:59 am
Akibaranger is all sorts of delicious.

As for Fourze.  I've hated 90% of it.  The only good parts were Meteor's intro, the whole Aries two-parter, and these last two with the Virgo reveal clusterfuck.  Everything else has been so painfully bad compared to OOO and Double (the only other two I've seen in full, start to finish).  Honestly the only reason I'm sticking with it is because I know Kamen Rider Wizard isn't that far off now.  Suit design is infinitely better than anything in Fourze (though also a fair bit more simplistic),  hopefully the show follows suit.  Also, kind of have a boner for Tomoko.  Not sure how to explain that one.  <_<

Lastly, Go-Busters.  Also weak, but at least it's finally hitting its stride.
The other Busters and Buddyroids are pretty bland.  Not bad characters, per se, but not interesting or terribly likable either.  The mecha are pretty cool, the monster designs are nice, Enter is surprisingly likable for being a mostly flat villain (so far; he's building towards something and I legitimately want to know what).  It's also interesting to me that Enter, the lackey, is far more competent and level-headed than what seems to be the Big Bad, Messiah.  The vibe I'm getting is Starscream to Megatron if Megatron was batshit insane.

tl;dr:  Who's got two thumbs and spoiled his tokusatsu taste by starting with Kamen Rider Double?  THIS GUY.
#400  July 04, 2012, 06:33:42 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Same here, thou I did go on to the older KR stuff after wards.

My main issue with Gokaiger was how emperor Akdos Gil was supposedly so threatening, but he barely got screen time. We got 40ish episodes of Waltz Gil and then Akdos' arc was too short and it lacked the impact they built for about 3/4ths of the series.
Then again, I haven't watched the Ghost Ship or the Gavan crossover movie.
Both movies barely show him at all (though IIRC, I don't even think he shows up in Ghost Ship).