YesNoOk

Hoshikuro/Evil Dan - Current Ver: 4.3c beta (Read 15169 times)

Started by Nocturnis, July 03, 2022, 10:41:04 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Hoshikuro/Evil Dan - Current Ver: 4.3c beta
#21  July 21, 2022, 07:27:26 PM
  • I dress like your Great Great Grandfather.
If he's not a joke he isn't really Dan anymore IMO, seeing that he's supposed to be a parody/comic relief insert, and in his version's context, I feel like he should parody boss chars/modes.

Well, he's not done yet. You may get some pleasant surprises.

I think the timing on the Demon is kinda strange as well. I'm mainly referring to the black screen taking a bit too long to leave after the final hit.
I also noticed an issue with his Messatsu Gadouken where the first hit before the projectile doesn't have enough hittime so P2 can block the projectile if hit before it.

These issues will both be corrected in the next version.

will we get a cvs version of him?

Do you mean with CvS sprites, or gameplay? In either case I don't have any plans to do that once I've finished everything. However, when he's finished and someone else wants to do that conversion/update, I certainly won't stop them.

That being said, there won't be any more updates & hotfixes to the beta for now.

The next release needs to be an actual release. Unfortunately I've overestimated the speed at which I can work on this character, though. Sorry about that. I can't give an accurate projection of when that release may be, but I doubt it'll take me another 14 years  :oops:

Hopefully I can have something ready in 2-3 weeks tops. No promises, but I'll try.

On the positive side I've got lots of notes and nifty ideas from others, and a nice little roadmap of things ahead to add to and work on. There's even going to be a couple of surprises!