YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1206909 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:

DMK

Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#141  January 18, 2011, 12:08:43 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Rogue Warrior

Didn't expect it to be a first person/third person cover shooter, but it was pretty damn fun, especially using destructive equipment and rushing in for melee kills. It also was fairly well done stealth options in levels, but sadly no real "end feeling" level and really REALLY short on top of that.
#142  January 18, 2011, 06:03:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

A very interesting new endeavor from the team behind the Ace Attorney franchise.  You play as a recent murder victim trying to find out the reason you were killed by using your 'ghost tricks' to possess and manipulate objects.  It's got a great story and characters, like you'd expect from this team, and a really unique concept. 
#143  January 18, 2011, 09:08:57 pm
  • Follow the signal.
    • lightmattstoybox.wordpress.com/
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Most horrifying 9 hours of my life. Story becomes more interesting as you progress, and some puzzles really made me think. The game's short, but features multiple endings.
Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:52:02 pm by Lightmatt
#144  January 21, 2011, 12:38:52 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Bioshock

brilliant. absolutely brilliant.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

DMK

#145  January 23, 2011, 03:57:41 pm
    • USA
I recently finished Metro 2033, didn't know exactly what to expect when I started the game, but I came to fine it was some of the best things I enjoyed from previous games that fall into the apocalyptic "open" world genre. I write "open" in quotes because it is fairly linear, seeing as alot of the game takes place in fortified Metro stations, but when outside you have a bit of leg room to move around and it gives you a vast idea of how much detail and little things they did to make the world more lively. Defiant must for those who enjoy the Fallout and Stalker series.
Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:11:13 pm by DMK
#146  January 24, 2011, 10:35:14 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment

damn the last levels of that crap are sick!

in the last Stage, you need go fight against the Cyberbastard and Romero's Head at the same time, its sick
#147  January 25, 2011, 01:25:46 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I recently finished Metro 2033,

Metro 2033 was great, can't wait for the sequel. It has the kind of dreadful and sometimes lonely atmosphere commonly found in eastern european games. The worlds feel "alive" and they tell stories of what happened in them by just looking at them.
#148  January 25, 2011, 01:41:16 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Ghost Trick

Heart warmed. Mind screwed. Squee-ed.

vyn

#149  January 27, 2011, 11:44:59 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
.hack G.U. Vol 2.

As the previous its a great action rpg and the story is pretty decent, great soundtrack etc, one of those sagas any respectable gamer should play. Cant wait to see what happens in vol 3.

DMK

#150  January 28, 2011, 10:09:03 am
    • USA
Legendary

A FPS based on a whatif scenario if someone opened Pandora's box and unleashed hell on the world. Nothing really outstanding was found throughout the game and the Signet(the power given to the person who opens Pandora's box) was rarely used and uses were fairly stupid. Overall a boring unoriginal FPS, but the enemies were fairly cool to fight against...well for the first 5 chapters.
#151  January 28, 2011, 10:16:09 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
"Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 5"

Each time they release a new game from these series, they remove something unnecessary/annoying, making it more interesting. Too bad storyline isn't that good. Fortunately, duels are fun, excluding some tag duels in which the AI is dumbass.

DMK

#152  January 28, 2011, 12:05:48 pm
    • USA
Is that one more recent one released on the 360? If I enjoyed the PS1 Yugioh game and the PS2 Dueliest of Rose, would I enjoy it?

Metro 2033 was great, can't wait for the sequel. It has the kind of dreadful and sometimes lonely atmosphere commonly found in eastern european games. The worlds feel "alive" and they tell stories of what happened in them by just looking at them.

Don't know how I missed this post.  :ninja:

I completely agree, it's one thing that recent Fallouts have been missing, the idea that you're just a drone in a large world with all kinds of shit going on you just so happen to stumble upon. I don't know how many hours were spent just sitting around listening to the crowds, soldiers telling stories, and families going through the lost of a family member or friend who got caught in the evacuation of a overran Metro or had gotten lost while traveling between them and on the surface. If the next game has more of an open world that allows you to travel above ground at anytime you wish, it would easily be my GOTYAY.

Just wish I knew what the DLC added.  :(
#153  January 28, 2011, 04:14:19 pm
  • Follow the signal.
    • lightmattstoybox.wordpress.com/
Is that one more recent one released on the 360? If I enjoyed the PS1 Yugioh game and the PS2 Dueliest of Rose, would I enjoy it?

No, the 360 one goes by a different name. Also, no again because if you liked the those games then the other one might not tickel your fancy since it uses the rules from the IRL card game.

DMK

#154  January 28, 2011, 04:19:04 pm
    • USA
Well that sucks, but how does the card system work? Can you add in cards from ones you own or do you just have to get cards by playing through the game? Always liked being able to get cards earlier by owning them in real life.  ;P
#155  January 28, 2011, 04:31:19 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
If the next game has more of an open world that allows you to travel above ground at anytime you wish, it would easily be my GOTYAY.

That's what S.T.A.L.K.E.R is for.

DMK

#156  January 28, 2011, 04:44:32 pm
    • USA
I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but the guns felt better to me(I'm terrible with games that have bulletdrop) and the need of having a Gasmask on all the time outside and constantly making sure you have proper amount of filters, air supply isn't out, and the fact that you need to protect your gasmask from damage or else it breaks and your fucked. Who knows though the new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. coming out could go well above that.
#157  January 31, 2011, 07:03:08 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Pokemon snap

To fun! But extremely short Nintendo needs to make a new one with every pokemon..and hot anime chicks
#158  January 31, 2011, 02:04:41 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
Bioshock 2 - finally finished this,  not bad I still liked the first a little more.  got the good ending.  7.5/10
#159  February 07, 2011, 06:59:06 pm
  • Causcasian fellows can, in fact, leap! GO BROOKLYN
    • ourc.trinitymugen.net
Dead Space 2

A sequel that takes its formula to the logical extremes, with a supporting cast this time! It keeps you on your toes, whenever it's not trying to creep you out. The setpieces are fucking superb, and unique events are plentiful. Me + Force Gun 4ever
Select Filmography: Do The White Thing, Brooklyn, The Assassination of Malcolm Little, Love & Racketball, He Has Extraordinary Skill, Flimflamed, Tales from the Neighborhood
#160  February 07, 2011, 08:02:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Warpath - Jurrassic Park

A 3D Fighting Game with Dinosaurs...and its works somewhat good. Where Primal Rage just wanted to be a Mortal Kombat with dinosairs maybe, the Jurrassic Park game has a very different approach withut special moves or something but at least some combination moves and throws. The graphics and the Music is good, the animations and presentation very good for the ps1 and for me the game was fun enough to play it trough multiple times to unlock some of the hidden dinos.