YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1211896 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#321  October 17, 2011, 11:21:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Costume Quest

Proving once again that Tim Schafer and Double Fine can do absolutely no wrong.  Incredible atmosphere, aesthetics, and humor make for an immensely enjoyable, if short, game.
#322  October 22, 2011, 04:56:59 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
God of War 3: Without a doubt the greatest action game ever created; it's only real flaw is being a bit too short IMO. Cool story, superb graphics, silky smooth gameplay, awesome music, epic boss battles and an ending that I'm sure shocked everyone that thought they knew Kratos. In the words of Adam Sessler "if you own a PS3, you need to get this game. If you don't own a PS3, you need to get one and you need to play this game!"

#323  October 22, 2011, 05:20:59 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber

It's an good and sorely underrated SRPG/RTS with an 80 hours long story mode, multiple classes like dragons, golems, monsters, dozens of human jobs and a relatively "deep" approach in the social events that trigger a war, like the economic inequality. Most of the late game action is "let's stop badguy x from using an ancient power/magic to blow the world", though.

There are 3 endings depending on the decisions you make (which also determine which special characters join your army), being obviously the good ending (you become king); the standard ending (the leader you served is crowned and you become a royal knight); and the bad ending (your country gets wiped off from existence by barbaric tribes). My favorite is the bad ending because of the exclusive final battle.   
#324  October 23, 2011, 03:26:47 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Crysis -- on the PS3, lolololo.

Given Crytek's generosity, I was able to get a gist of what PC elitists felt with this title, and God was it exhilarating. For starters, the aesthetics were very good for a port, and frame rate was fine overall (yet had some slowdowns from aiming a cloaked ACOG, an issue still prevalent in Crysis 2). I could also notice some glittering here and there, but that's rare.

Furthermore, my favourite thing about this game is the variety; one could sneak by without notice, kill KPA soldiers with thrown objects (like chickens, LOL), storm in guns blazing (provided you're not asinine) or simply take delight in how absolutely powerful the sniper feels. Finally, my only real gripes with Crysis is it lacking the multiplayer component, getting stuck between geometry and how fucking frustrating a particular alien level was.

8/10 -- a truly solid purchase worth below half the daily price. :beamgoi:
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:36:31 am by UrbaneVirtuoso
#325  October 23, 2011, 05:03:50 am
bulletstorm was some of the most fun i've had with a fps game and i hope they make another what with the cliffhanger ending

GOH

#326  October 23, 2011, 02:35:56 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin

Pretty good game, not as good as the first one. The haunted hallway in the school was especially terrifying. I couldn't take some characters as seriously as the first game. General Vanek is silly. And is it me, or the woman who does the voice of Stokes is the same who does the voice for Zoey in L4D? Anyway pretty good game. Dunno if I should play F.E.A.R. 3 though. Heard it was crap.
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:39:14 pm by GOH
#327  October 23, 2011, 05:48:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Warriors Orochi

Since the thread here about part three coming in december, i got in the mood to play the first game again and played it trough with wu..going to play it more today evening. Its a great game, i play the ps2 version via emulator which emulates the game very well, there are only a few slowdowns if a lot is going on but i think that wasa  problem on the original ps2 before as well
#328  October 24, 2011, 04:22:13 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Portal:

A bit disappointed that the game was so short, but overall fun and addicting nonetheless. Not to mention some of the humorous dialogue in the game and the.... disturbing... images of the companion cube in that hidden alcove.
#329  October 25, 2011, 08:36:47 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Splinter cell conviction single player

Too short, gameplay gets pretty boring and what the fuck story.

pass
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#330  October 25, 2011, 08:38:31 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Replay good ol' Splinter Cell Chaos Theory like I'm doing right now. Still the best Splinter Cell game and one of the greatest stealth games. Ubisoft fucked up the series after it with crap like Double Agent and Conviction.
#331  October 25, 2011, 08:40:43 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Alright. Never played the other splinter cells.

#332  October 26, 2011, 06:10:33 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Reinforcing KOD's suggestion. CT is such a great game.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#333  October 27, 2011, 03:07:26 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
-Warhammer: Dark Omen

probally the 1st game who invented the Total War Style of RTS, its a great game

the history, the strategies and your arsehole in your hand every time when your units are screwed(or when you lost them in the battle and you cant use them anymore) or the map is made only for the enemy (Kislev's 1st map or Sylvannia's region)

if you're looking for a good and old strategy game without the bullshit of base building and single units, and where your descisions can cost the life of your regiments and your gold coins

Dark Omen its your game

-Transformers: War for cybertron

Good game, they managed to use not only the G1 to BM main Timeline, but also Animated(Starscream Literally sister/clone Slipstream), Comics and Armada

This is the kind of game that if you play it you will say: Fuck the Reviews this game is Awesome!

and literally it is

even more bcuz of this promo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctkjNF9JSPE
Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:12:02 pm by -Shockwave-
#334  October 28, 2011, 04:57:32 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Batman: Arkham city

Well i finished the main story but thats not even close to the real end. Still a shitload of sidequests and collectibles left.

But yeah, its awesome. Perfect balance of stealth and action. Hell it even had a few cool boss fights unlike the first one.

End was pretty dissapointing.

#335  October 31, 2011, 12:17:00 am
  • Crunchy Nut Cereal is NOT gamer food.
Battlefield 3

Shitty story.
Entirely multiplayer.

I can't create sigs for crap. At least its 500x187
#336  October 31, 2011, 06:13:28 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
No purchase

#337  October 31, 2011, 05:01:25 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
The courier service which I'm getting my BF3 PC copy from has been fucking up the delivery and it's still not arrived yet >:(
#338  October 31, 2011, 06:02:54 pm
  • SNK is life
Lego Indiana Jones

What? Why are you looking at me like that? Freaking games are cryptic as fuck, and the game barely tells you anything to solve the puzzles. I think it's frustrating as shit, but it's a family game so ...
#339  October 31, 2011, 06:37:56 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
the Lego games were quite good. At elast the star wars ones and batman..havent played the Indiana Jones game yet

i played trough the most maps in Left 4 Dead its a great game but i am glad i bought it for only 5 euro via the steam halloween sale. While its good it is getting repetitive fast. It would have been much better with at least twice as many different enemy types, and maybe a bit more story + clues about the infection, mutations and the characters ..left 4 dead 1 +2 felt quite shallow and barebones for me
#340  November 02, 2011, 10:09:42 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin
 Dunno if I should play F.E.A.R. 3 though. Heard it was crap.

rent it, and then you can regret wasting your time on it

finished Deadspace 2 and it's as excellent as the first one...very fucking creepy moments, great monsters, will play again