YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1202160 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#681  December 13, 2012, 10:31:23 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Bastion

Good
Game
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

DMK

#682  December 16, 2012, 11:07:19 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Dragons Dogma

Solid rpg with an interesting Pawn based premise. Second run through should be interesting and the need to make my pawn as good as possible is a decent driving force to continue taking on stronger enemies. Dragon seemed a little easy though compared to the monsters along the way to his fight. Can't wait for that second ending either and apparently a expansion hitting very soon.

7/10
#683  December 16, 2012, 10:57:55 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
my friend bought it couple of weeks ago and although it looks very interesting, the combat mechanics kind of turn me off :(
i might dive into it more seriously at some point though
how long did it take you to finish it? and how about the trophies?
#684  December 22, 2012, 08:14:46 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Blue Dragon

So, solid generic turn-based JRPG.  Some technical hiccups such as knocking you off Xbox LIVE and a personally poor choice in boss theme, but nothing too bad.  Have to admit, there were some good twists come third CD, though maybe a little over the top at the very end.  End boss was way too easy, though, at level 80 I killed everything on the entire last level without taking any damage.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DMK

#685  December 22, 2012, 09:56:27 am
    • USA
my friend bought it couple of weeks ago and although it looks very interesting, the combat mechanics kind of turn me off :(
i might dive into it more seriously at some point though
how long did it take you to finish it? and how about the trophies?

My first run through toke me about 40ish hours. I had to level up because even with decent pawns I'd get destroyed(along with my personally made pawn) and doing those board based side quest toke a little time, although I didn't do them all. As far trophies/achievements go I got a decent amount just beating the game. Infact I still don't have some easy ones because I rarely switch out my extra pawn spaces.
#686  December 28, 2012, 04:10:41 am
  • For honor!
The G.G. Shinobi: The beginning of the game is absolutely dreadful having only the crappy red ninja at your disposal. As you go in the right order and unlock the other ninjas, things get more fun as you switch between the not red ninjas to transverse levels and it gets less frustrating overall. B-
Iroha stripped for me
#687  December 30, 2012, 04:06:46 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Journey

Really short, but awesome game. There's an amazing sense of adventure you get while playing it, that few other games can match. The multiplayer was seamless as well. I had no idea I'd played with 6 other people during my session.

10/10

Get it. It's on sale.
#688  December 30, 2012, 10:06:17 am
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Zone of the Enders HD Collection.
The worst port to HD ever. The first ZOE game was ok (but still fps dropped more than in original PS2 version, a bit more).
But ZOE2 was a complete wreck. FPS dropped like 5 times more in comparison to PS2 version. Everything looked blurry in a game and overall worse visually.
In boss battle with Lloyd in a pre battle dialog - the heroes had black squares instead of mouth's. And finally they revamped the battle with final boss - in original he was the easiest boss, now he is the hardest and the location of the battle was just a nightmare (so much garbage on screen I sometimes didn't understand where am I on the screen).
3/10. Buy only because of Metal Gear Rising Demo. ZOE 1 and 2 are awesome games, but if you want to play it - go get the original versions on PS2.
#689  December 31, 2012, 01:21:54 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Borderlands 2

Nice beginning, complete "can't believe they actually did that", tear bringing middle.....weak ending.

Guns are better looking and of a wider variety...but as with the first game, I found no use for most of them when you got a good Sniper.  And I wasn't even Zero, I was Salvador.  And I had no use for Slag or Electric weapons throughout.

The world and its characters within are expanded a lot, though, which kept the game humorous where wanted, serious where needed, and enjoyable throughout.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#690  January 02, 2013, 04:43:43 pm
  • SNK is life
DEAD RISING

A few hours before triggering Ending A, I was thrilled, sweating with the expectations! Then I started OVERTIME MODE and I breezed through it, and I felt the challenge was gone (The learning curve with this game, JEEZ!) And then it ended.

Maybe I'll grind it out a bit more to max out to level 50, and save more pplz, now that I know my way around the mall.  The most bang for my buck (It was $16 USD) all year. Guys! Are the sequels any good?
#691  January 02, 2013, 05:10:23 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Dead Rising 2 is quite good, yes.  Never played 1 so I don't know how it compares, but I loved it.  DR2:  Off the Record is pretty good as well.  It's effectively the same game as DR2, but with Frank instead of Chuck, but the Sandbox mode is fucking sexy.  No time limits, no missions, just unlimited zombie slaughter with whatever you want to do. 
#692  January 02, 2013, 05:12:59 pm
  • SNK is life
Thanks for your input! My wife enjoys seeing me play zombie games, and if you say it's good, I'll give it a go.

Although I still want an opinion from somebody who played DR1, since I feel strongly about Frank West. I'm a believer now.
#693  January 02, 2013, 05:16:54 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
I just finished TMNT on ps2 yeah my record of retro gaming is 110 completed games
#694  January 02, 2013, 05:21:00 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Tales of the Abyss.

Definitely better than TOS2. We need Guy, Jade and Natalia for mugen
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)

GOH

#695  January 02, 2013, 08:26:12 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Bioshock

This game triumphs in every aspect. I wish I had played this back when it came out. One of the best FPS games I ever played.
Now to play the sequel and get hype for Bioshock 3 Infinite. :D
#696  January 02, 2013, 08:48:16 pm
  • For honor!
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
----------------------------------
Felt like playing something stupid on new years and I was able to finish it in one sitting because of how short and straight forward it is. It's still so hilariously retarded that the subtitles don't even match what's being said in the cutscenes. D+
Iroha stripped for me

DMK

#697  January 02, 2013, 09:27:36 pm
    • USA
Also gender changing virus. I liked RE: Survivor more.
#698  January 02, 2013, 09:57:09 pm
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#699  January 03, 2013, 12:11:59 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Bioshock

This game triumphs in every aspect. I wish I had played this back when it came out. One of the best FPS games I ever played.
Now to play the sequel and get hype for Bioshock 3 Infinite. :D

The sequel is disappointing, just to warn you. The ADAM collection system was a pain in the ass, because of the whole "Protect the Sisters from tons of enemies while they gather ADAM x2" thing, which normally takes a lot of the ammo/health you've been collecting, even if you're good at setting traps. Also, the plot isn't as great as in Bioshock 1, unfortunately, and they just reused nearly everything from the first game, with few changes. I recommend you to get it only when there's an offer like "50% discount" in Steam.

GOH

#700  January 03, 2013, 10:35:25 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I did. I got it at 75%. I don't buy games at full price anymore.

Well, most of the time anyway. Last full-price game I bought was Max Payne 3.