YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1206393 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#801  February 24, 2013, 09:04:01 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I feel that the people who don't like SA2 altogether don't have objective dislikes for the game. They seem purely subjective rather than a few irrelevant issues like glitches and emerald hunting (Which I had no problem with BTW.).

It's not for everybody, but you can't really say it's a bad game, it's just not your cup of tea. Still up there with the best Sonic games, even without nostalgia.

Well, I didn't hate the emerald hunting. The only ones I didn't like were Meteor Heard and Mad Space. Those levels were HUGE, and I'd spend over ten minutes on them (and it didn't help being constantly bombarded by meteorites). I guess it might be I just suck at those levels though. Other than that, I can't hate the game. It's a fun game for the most part and I have good memories of playing it with friends.

Screw Omochao though! I throw him..her..it off cliffs whenever I get the chance. I know I already mentioned my dislike for Omochao already, but UGGGH! So useless!
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:11:22 am by JDM
#802  February 24, 2013, 09:18:30 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I feel that the people who don't like SA2 altogether don't have objective dislikes for the game. They seem purely subjective rather than a few irrelevant issues like glitches and emerald hunting (Which I had no problem with BTW.).
My biggest problem with this game is that the 3 core aspects of a platformer or mainly a Sonic game are all spread out into 3 gameplay mechanics. Linear speed, clunky platforming, limited exploration in most levels, no thanks.

Also I wouldn't consider it one of the best sonic games... at all. Not even Adventure which I loved to death as a kid and still like the good characters of it to this day. I know I can't find a way to say I dislike SA2 without sounding whiny but it's really hard to talk negatively about a game most people love since anything I say can easily be classified as nitpicking or bitching.

Edit: I will give credit to the multiplayer though, it does a really good job of offering variety with its multiple levels and modes of play.
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:23:04 am by Lith
#803  February 24, 2013, 04:55:36 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
What they did to Tails' theme tune in SA2 was fucking unforgivable.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#804  February 24, 2013, 05:59:56 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Not much of a fan of Jun Senoue's music. I'm pretty much in love with the SC5 team's music for the modern games though especially Unleashed.
#805  February 24, 2013, 06:23:52 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
yeah I replayed this game again. One of many, truthfully. I still wholeheartedly stand by the fact that this is the best sonic game, not Sonic 2, not Sonic CD, as good as both of those are. The Special Stages here don't feel as cumbersome, or as irritating(see Sonic 2 ughhh.) The level design is open ended and Sonic and Knuckles are both very unique experiences, neither one feels tacked on and it just flows. Awesome game, probably my favorite 2D Sonic game.
Long ass response below, just a forewarning, it's not required.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:38:02 pm by Killer Kong
#806  February 24, 2013, 06:44:54 pm
Huh, I like S3/K for a lot of reasons, but I always preferred the special stages in 2.

Haven't gotten to CD yet, it just seems... odd.

SA2 was the mainstream game that killed Sonic?

No, Sonic isn't dead. It declined for a while, starting with SA2, and then revived itself with Colors and Generations. By 'mainstream' I meant 'not handheld or spinoff'. Sonic 3D Blast is not a main Sonic game, and it actually was the particular shitpile I was thinking of when I wrote that. I never said SA2 was the worst Sonic game. That would be absurd. It was the first bad main one, followed by '06 and Unleashed, which were worse. o-o

I just plain didn't write what you're getting all irate at me for writing, man.
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:49:03 pm by Snakebyte
#807  February 24, 2013, 07:23:29 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Fuck yeah Sonic CD.
#808  February 24, 2013, 07:26:38 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Unleashed had great daytime stages bogged down by the long repetitive night stages.

But still not in the same league as the glitch-filled obvious beta that was Sonic 06.
#809  February 24, 2013, 07:30:14 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Sonic 06 was proof people need to stop forcing melodramatic shit into a game about a cartoon hedgehog
#810  February 24, 2013, 07:32:28 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Did anyone even need proof for that?
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#811  February 24, 2013, 08:24:45 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
What they did to Tails' theme tune in SA2 was fucking unforgivable.
I know a lot of people prefer the SA2 mixes of Sonic and Tails' theme. I prefer SA1 more because.. nostalgia!
I just plain didn't write what you're getting all irate at me for writing, man.
You were kind of really angry about it...
Sonic 06 was proof people need to stop forcing melodramatic shit into a game about a cartoon hedgehog
I think Shadow the Hedgehog did that at the time..
#812  February 24, 2013, 08:43:49 pm
I was responding to Killer Kong's response to me in the spoiler, it read like he thought I said SA2 was the worst sonic game ever.

I forgot about Shadow the Hedgehog. T_T

Oh, and Sonic Heroes! That was kind of okay, actually!
#813  February 24, 2013, 10:36:55 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
#814  February 24, 2013, 10:40:57 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I know a lot of people prefer the SA2 mixes of Sonic and Tails' theme. I prefer SA1 more because.. nostalgia!

them morons.

Seriously though Tails' SA2 theme was fucking awful.

#815  February 25, 2013, 02:18:04 am
*rant*
"I feel that you're wrong. You can't express your opinion because it isn't legitimate." Really?

That's not even close to what I said. I said that most of it is purely subjective (AKA opinion) and that I found the glitches irrelevant because they aren't gamebreaking, in times playing through the game (Bout 3 or 4 times I think) I can only recall a few glitches that required a retry, and everything else was just the result of a beginner's trap.

It's not for everybody, but you can't really say it's a bad game, it's just not your cup of tea. Still up there with the best Sonic games, even without nostalgia.

The fuck is so confusing about this?

My biggest problem with this game is that the 3 core aspects of a platformer or mainly a Sonic game are all spread out into 3 gameplay mechanics. Linear speed, clunky platforming, limited exploration in most levels, no thanks.

Also I wouldn't consider it one of the best sonic games... at all. Not even Adventure which I loved to death as a kid and still like the good characters of it to this day. I know I can't find a way to say I dislike SA2 without sounding whiny but it's really hard to talk negatively about a game most people love since anything I say can easily be classified as nitpicking or bitching.

Edit: I will give credit to the multiplayer though, it does a really good job of offering variety with its multiple levels and modes of play.

At the time that it came out the linear speed of the Sonic/Shadow levels was actually fairly revolutionary and unique. The hidden upgrades were all very intelligently done for me and it was epic at the time to do the things that you were doing. Grinding on a bridge, running from a giant truck, the boss battles were all grand in scale (IMO), it set a benchmark that was soon surpassed with time, which is why I think you might feel this way.

The exploration of the treasure hunting is what I'll forever disagree on because the ones that weren't wide open were fairly intriguing in one way or the other. The ones that weren't wide open for exploration were often made up of puzzles that really felt rewarding when you got it.

Tails/Eggman missions were overall hit-and-miss though, they never were really fun but they was never really so boring either.

Like I said, not a bad game, especially for the time it came out. However some people will like it, some people will not.
#816  February 25, 2013, 02:39:28 am
It's exactly what you said. It's exactly what you're still saying.You tried to tell me what I could and couldn't say about the game, and that what I said was wrong. You still are. Do I need to repeat entire responses to tell you why clipping through levels and being unable to damage bosses are objectively bad?

The fuck is so confusing about this?

Very bad game. I've said why. I'm still saying why. Don't fucking try to tell me I can't.
#817  February 25, 2013, 02:51:24 am
#818  February 25, 2013, 03:02:32 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Dude Snakebyte chill man. There's a difference between saying "here's why I don't like a game" and "this game sucks stfu and stop trying to question me"

Cazaki as you said, yes the sonic levels were fun then and stand alone are fairly enjoyable, compared to others though.. I can't say they stick out as well. But that's just how I see it since I compare this game to SA1 a lot since that was what I thought when I first played it.
Exploration I'll say the same as you said "I'll forever disagree on"
Mech.. well said.. pretty bland for the most part, not too fun, nothing too bad, just felt like it kind of slowed the game at times.
As for the bosses, I think they did a good job for the most part, some of them are pathetically easy but others are well done. The Final Hazard did a good job of introducing many people to the final boss and crush 40 music theme that would be in later games, SA1 may have done it first but I think SA2's had a bigger impact on the series.

Also how can one not like Knuckles' music? As much as I hated most of those levels the music made it better. Pumpkin Hill yo.
#819  February 25, 2013, 03:09:26 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Kunckles' themes were so cheesy I shat pepperjack.
#820  February 25, 2013, 03:12:00 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Wasn't there a line in his first level song where it calls Rouge sexy?