YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1207524 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#841  March 12, 2013, 12:14:32 am
  • For the Murder!
if by finished you mean story mode: I think it was Halo 4
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus

DMK

#842  March 13, 2013, 11:53:06 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Dead Space 3: Awakened

"Oh hey looks like things will get resolved rather then being sequel bai-NOPE: The game: The DLC". It was pretty good, brings back some good parts of Dead Space 1 & 2 as well as a returning enemy and a few new ones including a lackluster boss fight. 6.9/10
#843  March 13, 2013, 04:01:47 pm
  • SNK is life
(I like your working title)

Now you got me in the mood for some Dead Space 3. I think I might trade with a friend, and exchange Rising for this one.
#844  March 13, 2013, 08:48:53 pm
God of War: Chains of Olympus HD.

Short but sweet. 10 hours on hard mode but I looked everywhere and died a lot, plus maybe another hour for the challenges. Story could have been better, graphics could have been better, but gameplay was spot-on and the Gauntlet of Zeus in particular is wonderful. It's free from the problems I had with 3, and is probably my second-favorite game in the series. So much better than the impression of it I got for beating the challenges for my cousin on his PSP in like 2008. Now for Ghost of Sparta. :D

DMK

#845  March 14, 2013, 12:39:54 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Now you got me in the mood for some Dead Space 3. I think I might trade with a friend, and exchange Rising for this one.

Its worth it. Certainly not the best game in the franchise, but it has some good moments. Its worth it to play a coop run simply for Carver's optional missions, but only if you are him. Otherwise your kinda just chillin' as Issac fighting things normally.

Sleeping Dogs: Year of the Snake

Fun being a simple run of the mill cop, but most of the side missions feel familiar and no new enemy types to fight. Story was alright, but nothing huge like I was expecting, especially since this is canon stuff after the story. I got enjoyment out of it though in the end and at least it also gave you more stuff to use in the main story whenever I go back to finish stuff there. 6/10
Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:43:40 am by DMK
#846  March 15, 2013, 10:49:03 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Borderlands 2
Finally had the time to play it through, Awesome game, which i can only describe as an interactive artwork full of fun for the player.
Played it through with Axton, and am on the "True Vault Hunter" Mode now with him which seems to be quite a challenge.

all in all

10/10 Points, just everything was made right with this game.
#847  March 17, 2013, 07:44:14 pm
Tomb Raider 2013

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed this. This is really the messiah of the action adventure genre. Everything about the game is done brilliantly and every detail about it is well-planned. Other than the fact that it's super easy, the game did everything it set out to achieve.

10/10
#848  March 17, 2013, 08:04:23 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
the Darkness 2

Very good, the atmosphere of the game makes it feel right. I liked it overall, but it's too short and actually no sub-quests. So, overall I liked the first Darkness more, but the second game is almost there. I recommend it to everyone, even if you don't like FPS's.
8.5/10
#849  March 17, 2013, 08:05:19 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
in some video game club I have finished SFxTK on ps3 oh yeah!
#850  March 17, 2013, 08:17:00 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Battlefield 3

Well, borrowing it from a friend who used their online pass code, so no online multiplayer for me, anyways.  Campaign was ok, felt like it was really cut short when it was starting to get good.  But good god, is the game filled with bugs.  Missing textures, characters with no eyes, layering issues, bodies disappearing before they even drop dead....

The jump from the plane with the Battlefield theme remix playing, though, that was pretty awesome.  Shame that's probably one of two places in the whole game you'll ever hear it play, the other being the credits.
#851  March 17, 2013, 08:34:18 pm
Now that I've finished it I disagreed with some of your cons and I just kinda wanted some insight on it if you're cool with that.

fun when the game actually lets you play.

To me personally the game was not plagued by QTEs, in desperate situations where you wouldn't be able to normally control the game anyway (like a slide), sure there's QTEs, but it's not Heavy Rain, they were tastefully placed IMO, was there any particular ones that you found obnoxious?

-Bad : story ; characters ; skills, hunting and crafting are kind of unnecessary ("kind of" only because Lara doesn't figure out she can use her axe as a melee weapon until you unlock that "skill")

Story is fine to me, it's a survival story mixed in with some supernatural archaeology, but I'm not familiar with older Tomb Raider stories, so what was so bad about it. Most characters in the game I do hate, I would agree and I felt no kind of connection to them except Roth, Hunting is just for XP (as it should be.) and the upgrade system to me was great. What was your beef with it?

-Worse : "young, inexperienced Lara you'll want to protect" during cutscenes, Terminator during gameplay ; linearity ; tons of ammo, health regen, next to no challenge in combat... so much for survival ; tiny tombs with puzzles so complex a gopher with brain damage could figure them out in a matter of seconds.

Lara by the middle to end of the game is the stone cold killer she's supposed to be, starting out it's just new to her. I thought her development was fine. There's atleast 3 to 4 hours of optional exploration and tombs, I agree with it being too easy though but perhaps you expected too much out of the survival aspect of the game? There's health regen and all that but you still die fairly quickly and it's not like your just taking hits like crazy. AI is too inaccurate, but when you do get hit you die fast if your not careful, the game is designed so that you aren't taking bullets and that's why it seems like terminator. Firefights usually have you at a vantage point and most encounters are stealthy, it's not like Call of Duty.

Again, just friendly discussion I'm not attacking your opinion or nothing I just kind of wanted to see why you thought some of this.
#852  March 17, 2013, 11:06:51 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Far Cry 3
Great game, but fairly short. Not too difficult. The protagonist Jason was a giant douche, but other than that great game. Not much else to say about it except that some boss battles made no sense. One second I'm tied down being tortured, the next I'm on my feet knife fighting the guy. I was just like "...Huh?" every time.

Next time I'll post it'll be about Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and DMC Devil may Cry.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#853  March 20, 2013, 12:36:58 am
  • SNK is life
THE WALKING DEAD

It's a crazy mixed bag. As a game, it's great. As a product it's BAAAAD.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If you like TWD and/or these kind of point-and-click games, you'll LOVE this one. Alternately, if you hate point-and-click games, but you love The Walking Dead, hire somebody to go through the chore of actually playing the game while you watch. It makes a great watch, seriously. DAT STORY :datass:

I recommend you to download each episode, instead of buying the disc. Great game. GREAT.

Overall = 9.Something out of 10
#854  March 26, 2013, 07:26:11 pm
  • I'm not a player, I guard-crush a lot.
    • USA
    • mugenorama.smeenet.org/index.html
Guardian Heroes (XBLA version)

Bought this months ago, finally had time recently to actually finish it.  I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I did on the Saturn... and that says a lot.  The updated sprites are lovely, controls are spot-on, and the rewritten dialogue gives the characters a lot more personality (ex: Glute and the thieves).  There's lots to do in order to truly "complete" it, from finding all story branches/endings to unlocking characters for the Arena/Arcade mode.  Wasn't able to do any Live multiplayer though, since I don't have a Gold subscription at the moment. :(  Even without extra companions, it's still possible to make it through Story mode on Normal by yourself in as little as a half-hour (and a little practice, of course).

Anyways, HIGHLY recommended if you love Treasure/beat-em-ups/juggling chaos.
#855  March 28, 2013, 05:08:11 am
    • Germany
just finished Tomb Raider.

great game!

• loved the bow
  • they did a really good job with lara, she's smart and kicks some major ass, but her emotions and interactions with other characters are quite believable
  • the story, while not brilliant, is quite solid and very well implemented. interesting characters with different motivations, I actually listened to all the audio logs and kept searching for the ones I missed after I finished the story.
  • the leveling system works very well. not too little, not too much. made me want to go for those headshots the entire game.
  • you get a new item which introduces a new game mechanic every once in a while, and they really did a good job on keeping those interesting and useful. I hate it when I get a new mechanic and I use it two times and then never see it again

GOH

#856  March 30, 2013, 02:46:05 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Bioshock Infinite

Great game. Amazing graphics, same-old satisfying gameplay. Liked the characters but I couldn't really get into most of the dialogue, I felt that the dialogue was kinda fast, and that every character had an immediate answer to everything, it didn't felt really natural. Or maybe I wasn't used to seeing the protagonist talk a lot unlike the other games idk. Other than that:

THE ENDING

Gonna need some minutes of googling to understand some bits.

GOTY HNNNNGGGGG
#857  March 30, 2013, 11:05:50 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Skyrim:
A fun, but oftentimes glitchy and unplayable rpg. Thieves can do some stupid things too(I stole an entire towns clothes off of their backs without getting caught). A warning, save often and make a lot of back up saves.  Bethesda makes some really buggy games

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#858  March 31, 2013, 12:33:26 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Mass Effect 2

Loved nearly everything about the game. It has very likable and charismatic characters in it! I liked it even more than the first game.

10/10

Now I've just started with part 3
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#859  March 31, 2013, 06:21:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The Walking Dead Episode 3

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#860  March 31, 2013, 10:55:56 pm
To me personally the game was not plagued by QTEs, in desperate situations where you wouldn't be able to normally control the game anyway (like a slide), sure there's QTEs, but it's not Heavy Rain, they were tastefully placed IMO, was there any particular ones that you found obnoxious?
-Every encounter with wolves, especially the wolf cave, in which you get to "fight" ONE wolf in a QTE.
-The climbing section in the intro.
-The "arrow to the knee" dodge counter. You want to make an overpowered move that requires a certain timing, fine. Don't make it a freaking QTE that pops up every time you dodge an attack.
-The final boss fight.
-Funny you mention the sliding sections, I didn't mind them too much, except for the bits where the game goes into slow motion right before you hit a wooden barrier.

Story is fine to me, it's a survival story mixed in with some supernatural archaeology, but I'm not familiar with older Tomb Raider stories, so what was so bad about it.
In my opinion, the plot is okay for the most part. Not really original and kind of predictable, but it gets the job done, pretty much like every Tomb Raider (at least, the ones made by Core Design).

However, I think the whole dramatic/serious/"realistic" theme of Lara growing into a "survivor" is done quite badly and completely at odds with the gameplay. She's an amateur archeologist with a little practice with a bow (and "not THAT kind of Croft", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean), yet has no trouble aiming a gun and handling recoil like a pro, and is better qualified than a Space Marine Green Beret in survival techniques and dealing with crippling injuries.

Then there's stuff like making a big deal of Lara killing someone for the first time, then leaving you free to mercilessly murder hundreds of guys without ever touching the point after that. Although it has her deal with other matters in a (slightly) more efficient manner much later in the game. Meh.

perhaps you expected too much out of the survival aspect of the game?
Guilty as charged. I was expecting silly stuff like hunger management or hunting/harvesting plants to make health items instead of just extra XP, and weapon maintenance (especially since you're using WW2 weapons). >: P

The upgrade system is okay for the most part, but kind of uninspired. Only one health upgrade that boosts your HP (by 50%, no less), abliities that give you more loot/XP when hunting or scavenging, combat abilities that net you more loot/XP if you kill enemies in a certain fashion... I would have liked a skill tree for each weapon, and more health and/or healing rate upgrades.

Anyhoo, more on-topic :
Sleeping Dogs : Year of the Snake
Fun, but a tidge short (took me three hours to finish the story and side-missions). Like Nightmare in North Point, it doesn't let you import your save from the main campaign, so you are stuck with a pre-determined skill set. The story is pretty uninteresting, no new enemies, and most of the missions are repetitive.
~30 DLCs, including 3 story DLCs, and I'm not sure a single one of them is worth the money. Pity.